Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I think they could still do so, but maybe with one of there more obscure characters (Satana, Simon Garth Zomibie, etc)
    Brother Vodoo would be my first choice.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Brother Vodoo would be my first choice.
    Brother Voodoo did almost have a TV show on the Sy-Fy Channel some years ago. It was around the time Marvel brought him back from from limbo and gave him a mini and he was guest starring in Cage's New Avengers team and what not.

When I think about it im way more upset that Donald Glovers Deadpool show got the axe then I am about this movie getting pushed or even eventually scraped.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Brother Voodoo did almost have a TV show on the Sy-Fy Channel some years ago. It was around the time Marvel brought him back from from limbo and gave him a mini and he was guest starring in Cage's New Avengers team and what not.
    A Brother Voodoo movie or Netflix series could be amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    So far.

Once the merger goes ahead Mutants will suddenly be front and center in the MCU. They'll just say that Mutants existed, but they kept to themselves. It's going to happen.
    God, I hope so!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    So far.

Once the merger goes ahead Mutants will suddenly be front and center in the MCU. They'll just say that Mutants existed, but they kept to themselves. It's going to happen.
    Yeah no. That's not how SHIELD works.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Yeah no. That's not how SHIELD works.
    Yea because Sheild was so great at they're jobs lol. They were half Hydra. Also when they are introduced mutants can be just starting to boom and prior they were just sprinkled throughout history slowly growing each generation but the current Gen is the one that explodes and it's too big to cover up

Wolverine coulda been seen by Sheild and the military as an anomaly not a new species. Same as Any other Mutants who garnered attention throughout history
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 04-01-2018 at 12:26 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea because Sheild was so great at they're jobs lol. They were half Hydra. Also when they are introduced mutants can be just starting to boom and prior they were just sprinkled throughout history slowly growing each generation but the current Gen is the one that explodes and it's too big to cover up

Wolverine coulda been seen by Sheild and the military as an anomaly not a new species. Same as Any other Mutants who garnered attention throughout history
    This discovery of mutants would have been an enormous advantage to what Hydra was trying to accomplish. Both in terms of surreptitiously directing them and in increasing the population's distrust of of the status quo in general. They would have portrayed mutants the same way they portrayed terrorists, making their goal that much easier to attain.

Mutants aren't going to do what they do, or fight the battles they fight, without attracting the attention of SHIELD. Especially being half-Hydra.

So is this movie still happening?

I kind of liked that trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    So is this movie still happening?

I kind of liked that trailer.
    Technically on the Disney Slate but reports are now Disney is unimpressed by it and they already took big hit from Fox's Dark Phoenix flopping and Fox's Alita Battle Angel underperforming so who knows what will happen.

I keep forgetting this movie is supposed to be a thing until someone brings mention of it again and I notice it. I'm interested in seeing it and hope it does pull through, but at this point it is most likely to be less memorable than a turd in the wind, a risk Disney might be unwilling to take.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Technically on the Disney Slate but reports are now Disney is unimpressed by it and they already took big hit from Fox's Dark Phoenix flopping and Fox's Alita Battle Angel underperforming so who knows what will happen.
    It's a shame about Alita, it's a pleasant movie, and is pretty good as a movie for an obvious sequel bait.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Astonishing Member

If I were Disney and coming off a massively successful year in terms of billion dollar franchises and hits. And on the other end of the spectrum disasters they inherited from the merger this and Dark Phoenix. I would bury this and just start fresh with my Mutants. The public at large is not checking for this film. And who can honestly believe its going to be any good with the very public pushbacks, reshoots, and now even the reports that Disney has 0 faith in it after seeing it?

Clear out the fox clunkers, recast all mutants and get to work on getting them movies and Disney+ shows imo.

Extraordinary Member

It will most likely just be a digital release.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but New Mutants was supposed to have been a superhero horror flick, but was beaten to the punch by Brightburn. I saw the trailer once and laughed out from how ridiculous it looked. Yeah, this has got direct to video written all over it. No way this sees a theatrical release.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Personally since the merger was announced I've thought this should be put on Hulu and take out as much X-Men and Marvel references that can be done.