Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Preview: Venomized #1

**DISCLAIMER**: I didnt know where to put this. It could easily go in the Marvel Comics, X-Books, or the Spider-Man forums. But since this is the culmination of the Blue/Venom crossover, opens up with the Xavier Institute, and places the O5 as main characters, I felt this was the most appropriate place.

VENOMIZED #1 (OF 5)
    CULLEN BUNN (W) • IBAN COELLO (A)
    NICK BRADSHAW (C)

VENOMIZED Part 1
    The story that began in VENOMVERSE reaches its epic conclusion with VENOMIZED! The POISONS, a species that hungers for super-powered symbiotes and their hosts, have picked their next target...THE MARVEL UNIVERSE ITSELF! Their first objective? Put every superhuman in a Klyntar symbiote – and CONSUME THEM! But with VENOM and the X-MEN still missing after the events of “Poison-X,” the planet, and its heroes, is defenseless!

Looks like just nameless, random X-students (sans Roxy and Trevor ofc). Why not just fill the school with people that fans resonate with than never-to-be-seen-again designs.

So this takes place before the end of Gen X since Bling! is still here.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

So it looks like our future X-Force was spoiled here?

Nate, Neena, Logan, Maria, and... Who? I want to say Fantomex but that can't be right, can it?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Art looks so god.. don't have high hopes for the story though

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    So it looks like our future X-Force was spoiled here?

Nate, Neena, Logan, Maria, and... Who? I want to say Fantomex but that can't be right, can it?
    Yep, that's Poison Fantomex.

Thought so. I mean they spoiled that this is probably set after Logan comes back since they aren't surprised to see him there, and Domino has her new costume. Why not spoil that Fantomex is gonna be back after Astonishing, too? :P

I wonder how Feral comes back to life.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Thought so. I mean they spoiled that this is probably set after Logan comes back since they aren't surprised to see him there, and Domino has her new costume. Why not spoil that Fantomex is gonna be back after Astonishing, too? :P

I wonder how Feral comes back to life.
    as far as i know the poison invasion comes from other universe. many of the poison are AU versions of other characters, not their 616 counterparts.

though i could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    as far as i know the poison invasion comes from other universe. many of the poison are AU versions of other characters, not their 616 counterparts.

though i could be wrong.
    The main thing is that Eye-Boy correctly identifies them as X-Force, and no one contradicts that at all in the preview.

Which definitely implies something.

Astonishing Member

There using symbiote as a weapon, she knows it posses people on contact and is weak to fire and sonics, why didn't she send match, magma, or any of the mutants who's powers counter them insted if people who can be easily possesed

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post

though i could be wrong.
    You are correct, none of the poisons that show up at the school are from this earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Imago View Post
    You are correct, none of the poisons that show up at the school are from this earth.
    Hm.

Still, it'd be a neat team.

Fantomex no longer exists in the physical world so that'd be a problem for him to be on a 616 x-force

Mighty Member

Does the Recap page tell when this takes place

Oh, look. Jane Thor. Never thought I'd see you again.
    Even Bunn is drinking the Kitty Kool-Aid.
    Eye-Boy couldn't see what was coming.
    Loving the Coello art, as always. There's something so Joe Mad about how he draws Wolverine's claws.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Shadowcat shouldn’t have those effects when she phases through anything.