Default Champions #18 had a nice Scott flashback with him and his father!

I don’t know how many people read it but it’s one of the few moments of any substance he had in these 18 issues. I’m glad he’s done after this issue though.

I read it and I highly recommend it to Cyclops fans. It was a great moment, one that helped highlight Cyclops at his best. He is, at heart, very much a boy scout. He's the kind of guy who just does the right thing and doesn't need a reason beyond that. It's part of what makes him so endearing and the story in Champions really reflects that. Plus, it made for a great moment with Kamala. I'll certainly miss those with him and the cast of Champions, but I think he definitely left on a high note and in good terms, which is rare for any character these days.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I think he spun a lie when explaining to Kamala why he was quitting the team though. He said his other team the X-Men were leaving for a major mission. But both Cross Time Caper and Poison X started with no warning - no time for Champion For a Day to happen immediately before them with enough time to warn Kamala about it. So I think he lied, and really left because Cross Time Caper already happened and he knows he'll eventually have to forget the Champions when he goes home to the past. He couldn't bear to tell Kamala that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

I think waid doesn't care about continuity, also he said that X-Men see him a an authority not that he's leading them...
    Finally... That whole sequence is a jab at Man of Steel, which Waid openly hated

I will say Zub who’s taking over says issues 19-21 take place before no surrender and numerous other events. So this could take place even before cross time capers and poison x. Lol.

And no, nothing romantic b/w Kamala and Scott. Platonic love.

Though Scott said a few things that prob would have pissed off Jean. He said he feels way more relaxed with the champions.

BANNED

Yeah, no platonic love, just really good friends

Extraordinary Member

This certainly explains why his mom & dad gave him the parachute, and to look after Alex when the plane was under siege.

They already knew he was capable.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I will say Zub who’s taking over says issues 19-21 take place before no surrender and numerous other events. So this could take place even before cross time capers and poison x. Lol.

And no, nothing romantic b/w Kamala and Scott. Platonic love.

Though Scott said a few things that prob would have pissed off Jean. He said he feels way more relaxed with the champions.
    Wouldn't Jean have heard everything he said? They have that psychic rapport! Come to think of it, Blue has barely mentioned Scott's Champions membership at all. I wonder what Jean thinks of it?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wouldn't Jean have heard everything he said? They have that psychic rapport!
    That hasn't been acknowledged outside Blue and Mojo crossover. Marvel books practically have been playing each in their own pocket universe anyway. Things in one book rarely gets acknowledged by others.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wouldn't Jean have heard everything he said? They have that psychic rapport! Come to think of it, Blue has barely mentioned Scott's Champions membership at all. I wonder what Jean thinks of it?
    She probably already knows since he left with his dad