Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Preview: Venomized #1

**DISCLAIMER**: I didnt know where to put this. It could easily go in the Marvel Comics, X-Books, or the Spider-Man forums. But since this is the culmination of the Blue/Venom crossover, opens up with the Xavier Institute, and places the O5 as main characters, I felt this was the most appropriate place.

VENOMIZED #1 (OF 5)
    CULLEN BUNN (W) • IBAN COELLO (A)
    NICK BRADSHAW (C)

VENOMIZED Part 1
    The story that began in VENOMVERSE reaches its epic conclusion with VENOMIZED! The POISONS, a species that hungers for super-powered symbiotes and their hosts, have picked their next target...THE MARVEL UNIVERSE ITSELF! Their first objective? Put every superhuman in a Klyntar symbiote – and CONSUME THEM! But with VENOM and the X-MEN still missing after the events of “Poison-X,” the planet, and its heroes, is defenseless!

Looks like just nameless, random X-students (sans Roxy and Trevor ofc). Why not just fill the school with people that fans resonate with than never-to-be-seen-again designs.

So this takes place before the end of Gen X since Bling! is still here.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

So it looks like our future X-Force was spoiled here?

Nate, Neena, Logan, Maria, and... Who? I want to say Fantomex but that can't be right, can it?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Art looks so god.. don't have high hopes for the story though

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

Nate, Neena, Logan, Maria, and... Who? I want to say Fantomex but that can't be right, can it?
    Yep, that's Poison Fantomex.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Thought so. I mean they spoiled that this is probably set after Logan comes back since they aren't surprised to see him there, and Domino has her new costume. Why not spoil that Fantomex is gonna be back after Astonishing, too? :P

I wonder how Feral comes back to life.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

Hmm...I like that team minus Fantomex. Would’ve replaced him with Shatterstar. And added Bedlam...looking like Terry Crews.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post

Looks like just nameless, random X-students (sans Roxy and Trevor ofc). Why not just fill the school with people that fans resonate with than never-to-be-seen-again designs.

“Why use nameless students?”

1) because If they used more well known ones, some people woke complain about them “just being wallpaper”

and 2 (most likely): they need some nameless folks to kill off or at least put at risk to heighten the drama.

Just my guesses.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Btw thanks for posting it here. I think it’s justified to go in the x forums and I have been looking forward to seeing the preview.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

I thought it is alt reality.
    New X-Force is not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I thought it is alt reality.
    New X-Force is not cool.
    The poisons are from an alt reality.. but this story takes place on earth-616 so those really are our X-Men.. You can tell 'cause every member of the Gold Team got infected with symbiotes except Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    No, she must've come back. It has to be after the end of Gen X, after Infinity Countdown #1, after Astonishing X-Men #12, probably after all solicited issues of Weapon X, and before X-Men Red which is set several months later than other books right now. If Jane appears and isn't just on the cover, then it's also before Avengers No Surrender, since after that she goes into her solo's final arc, which is set shortly after Gen X ended (she'd earlier teamed up with Quentin, and that plays into Gen X's finale).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-30-2018 at 08:22 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman