Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default DC Needs One More Justice League Title!

I think DC needs to go with one more JL book....Justice League of America could be more of a street team, headed up by Vixen and Black Canary. Dinah would bring along Green Arrow, which would provide a real strong core.
    To continue with a more "classic" vibe, you could also have Firestorm and the Atom....Firestorm would provide power, but not TOO much (just enough for a more down to earth oriented team!), while Atom is a Legacy character, but one that can still be greatly developed.
    I also thought Huntress might be fun....a more athletic, spy-trained one, so there wouldn't be two heroes firing arrows....but on second thought, I thought it would be wiser for a street team to have a A) telepath/someone with mental powers, and B) someone with morphing powers/ the ability to disguise themselves.
    Now, Martian Manhunter would be perfect for both those reasons, but I think he's going to be too busy with the main book, so let's think outside the box for these last two!
    For the telepath, let's bring in Lilith from the Titans, and for the morpher/disguise artist, let's add Black Orchid to the team! Number of bonuses here...two characters that can still be greatly developed, and it would allow for a female majority, a rarity in comics!
    So... the street level Justice League of America team would be:
    Vixen
    Black Canary
    Green Arrow
    Firestorm
    Atom
    Omen
    Black Orchid

I heard(maybe I am wrong) that Tempest is not anywhere(like Aqualad) I would replace some of these character for him..

I got one, Justice League Espionage

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Justice League Titans anybody? It's better than being at the bottom of the barrel.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

I agree with the title but not the OP. If there's gonna be a fourth Justice League book, it shouldn't just be a random team. I'm never gonna stop wanting the the JLI back. I always say that the proper JLI relaunch would need Booster, Beetle, Fire, Ice, Guy and J'onn, but since the latter is only now getting reacquainted with the main league, I'd give his spot to Kimiyo Hoshi for the time.

BANNED

I don't think it can sell even two. All the evidence says that the market won't support a Justice League B title. I think all DC can sell is Justice League and Justice Society.

The idea of "publish it and they will come, even if they didn't come the last time" is persistent but doesn't stand up.

All those other characters belong in recurring minis. They just can't sell ongoings, whether on teams or as solo stars.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 03-30-2018 at 05:07 AM.

Fantastic Member

A street level team would be awesome

It should be

Green Arrow
    Black Canary
    Mr. Terrific
    Katana
    Vibe
    Vixen
    Batgirl
    Black Lightning

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kapparition View Post
    A street level team would be awesome

It should be

Green Arrow
    Black Canary
    Mr. Terrific
    Katana
    Vibe
    Vixen
    Batgirl
    Black Lightning
    Probably won't be seeing them on a League but a few of those pics are likely to be on the new Outsiders team.

It's weird how none of the JLA members got picked for the new teams. Sure, JLA was pretty disappointing, but the characters were mostly great.
    Get rid of Lobo and Batman, add Green Arrow and maybe the team would still have legs under better writing.

Vixen (leader)
    Black Canary
    Green Arrow
    Atom (Ryan)
    Ray
    Frost
    Firestorm

Having said that, I think 4 are too many JL teams at once.
    I know JLD will probably sell better than the alternative, but Shadowpact is just a much cooler name. I have no better suggestion to JLOdissey.

I also want a pseudo-JLI back, but not as an international team. They're as American as the regular teams and I'd like the Global Guardians back in that role.
    Booster and Beetle should create a new team, called Super Powers. They should respond to distress calls from regular citizens, acting as a Kord Industries sponsored Heroes for Hire. Add Beast Boy, Shazam, Element Woman and others.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

What would this street team do? Covering cities that don't have their own heroes?

My gut says that JL Odyssey or JL Dark are going to last much past Doomsday Clock and however that resolves, dissolves or reboots the universe. So, if there is/was going to be second JL title after it's conclusion I'd include the following in the membership:

Vixen
    Black Canary
    Black Lightning
    Firestorm
    Zatanna
    Steel
    Batwoman
    Flamebird
    Hawkman (Katar Hol)
    Mera
    Star Sapphire
    Nu'Bia
    Atom
    Fire
    Ice
    Green Arrow

A good melange of characters who some have been in an incarnation of the JL in the past, but now in a different context.

If there were another JL title, I'd want it to be (assuming the characters in the upcoming title will be occupied):
    - Green Lantern (Hal)
    - Green Arrow
    - Black Canary
    As the "Trinity" of this team. Then:
    - Dr Light (Kimiyo)
    - The Atom (Palmer)
    - Firestorm (Stein/Jason)
    - Raven
    - Orion

But thinking about it, a "street team" could be cool if it were *Big* and I don't just mean in terms of the membership. Most "street level" heroes tend to sick to one city, but for a team to be called "Justice League" it could be cool if it were a huge network of heroes spread out all over who also travel all over, concentrating on hotspots of crime or taking on the huge networks of international crime that end up affecting neighborhoods and people. That way you can have more grounded human stories mixed with large-scale adventures when needed. (and they'd have an agreement with the Bat to stay out of Gotham )
    A team like this could have:
    - Black Lightning (co-leader)
    - Batwoman (co-leader)
    - Oracle (new version, same computer skills)
    - Manhunters (Spencer and Shaw)
    - El Diablo (Sandoval)
    - The Guardian
    - Crime Buster (a new version)
    - The Question (Sage)
    - Arsenal
    ... and a looser affiliation of others when needed.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 03-30-2018 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Justice League Titans anybody? It's better than being at the bottom of the barrel.
    Been saying this for years. Justice League Black, the proactive black ops squad, is codenamed "Titans", Young Justice is comprised of a variety of cliques, and "Teen Titans" is the team name of the breakfast club of heroes.

I wouldn't mind another League book but I think DC might be really pushing it past three JL titles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Been saying this for years. Justice League Black, the proactive black ops squad, is codenamed "Titans", Young Justice is comprised of a variety of cliques, and "Teen Titans" is the team name of the breakfast club of heroes.
    I feel like that niche is probably going to be served by Bryan Hill's Outsiders.

If I was going to do a street team or espionage/spy JL title, I'd include:

Steve Trevor
    Vixen
    Black Canary
    Green Arrow
    Fire (Beatriz's espionage background always gets overlooked. I like what Rucka did with her once upon a time when he did a Checkmate title.)
    Phantom Lady (Stormy Knight)
    Mr. Terrific
    Doctor Mid-Nite
    Atom
    Onyx
    Black Lightning

I'd also love to do a Batmen-esque team book without any Batman characters:

Black Canary
    Mr. Terrific
    Doctor Mid-Nite (Mr. Terrific, Doctor Mid-Nite, and, to a degree, Black Canary had an interesting dynamic when they relaunched JSA many moons ago.)
    Phantom Lady (Stormy Knight)
    Onyx (She could be tremendously interesting with more focus put on her.)
    Bronze Tiger

I was considering Green Arrow, but I tend to think Black Canary does better as a character when their dynamic isn't in play. I also kind of liked the hinted attraction between Black Canary and Doctor Mid-Nite while she was still part of the JSA. (She wasn't a member for very long though from what I remember.)