Thread: DC Lore Study

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Post DC Lore Study

Fed up with continuity and consistency issues and fans of different era debating what's canon or not, I decided to just ignore everything and track down everything. The origins of DC Universe, the origins of various characters, landmark issues, important changes, and characterization in DCU history.
    Whether they are still canon or not.
    I want to do this chronologically, but sorting it out will take forever, so I'll just post it as I find it.

Everything here is taken from official previews, whether from comics news and reviews site or DC's digital comic store. The idea is to put a limit on how many pages can be included from one issue. Not everything I will post here I have read so anyone can comment to tell me what happens next or what should I check next.

Let's start with The Origins of DC Universe by Marv Wolfman and George Perez since that's the first one I found.
    6351ce544a41229dc109948626fb4ab7._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

This was created after the first Crisis, so I'm guessing the first paragraph is talking about the Crisis, and the being who died is The Monitor.
    I don't know if DC ever created an origin of DCU before this. If they have, I like to know.
    So here, at least as far back as the 80s, the concept of God Hand already existed. Now he's known as Dr. Manhattan, but back then, who knows.

Attachment 63977
    95a35479095721f78195b40d365c1172._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

That page is familiar. I first saw it, I think, in New 52 Green Lantern. I'm going to post the new version once I find the picture.

That's about it for this issue's preview. I don't know what happens next.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 03-30-2018 at 01:45 AM.