Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: The Wicked + The Divine, #2

Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie deliver a gorgeous and fascinating second issue for their creator-owned "The Wicked + The Divine."

Full review here.

You nailed the review. I read it twice and felt the same way. Luci is mysterious and mischevious. The end was masterly played. The confusing nature of Gillen's writing is not too much of an issue as long as the art doesn't add to it. Every character and scene is so distinct to eliminate that confusion as the prose develops. In the essay after the story, Gillen credits Hicks and East of West. The two books have that same feeling. Both can be overwhelming and confusing but those who read it are savoring the complexities of the new world built in between the pages of the books.
    Last edited by SpideyAZ; 07-21-2014 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Misspelled author's name
    Current Pulls for DC/Vertigo: Batman, Justice League
    Image: Manifest Destiny, East of West, Low, The Wicked & The Divine, Injection, Tokyo Ghost
    Valiant: Harbinger/Imperium
    Other: Letter 44, Lady Mechanika, Tarot

All-New Member

Love this book already. I like that we don't know any more about the Morrigan than the pages allow. The use of black space is especially cool, kinda like the anticipation of walking down a dark alley to go to a hot new club that you've only heard about.

Also, Kieran Gillen's crazy rant at the end of the book is par with those crazy title cards that are at the end of any Big Bang Theory episode. I would totally come out of retirement to go clubbing with this guy. I imagine he would be a very entertaining interview, especially after you got a couple of drinks into him.