Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

As far as I know for one she's not even 21 so not legally old enough to drink unless they aged her up and I don't remember her really being a drinker before now, guess they're just using her as a stereotype of a party girl or something like that...she deserves better imho...

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Does Tab suddenly have an alcohol problem? When did that start?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Who says Boom Boom can't be over 21?

Ultimate Member

Because back in the old X-Force days she was like 16 while Sam was like 19, so unless Sam is now about the same age as Rogue and Gambit the oldest that Tabitha can be is like 19 or 20. As iirc Sam only turned 21 after that original version of X-Force ended...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Because back in the old X-Force days she was like 16 while Sam was like 19, so unless Sam is now about the same age as Rogue and Gambit the oldest that Tabitha can be is like 19 or 20. As iirc Sam only turned 21 after that original version of X-Force ended...
    I disagree completely
    Rahne was 13 in 1983 and 19 in 2004 when she dated Elixir
    Kitty was finally legal for sex in the Whedon run
    there have been 2 eye month skips (one before one after secret wars)

age her like one year every 4 years since her xforce days, and a year and a half for the secret wars time skips.

she must be like 24

Also, because you drink bottomless mimosas, or drink at all for that matter, does not instantly make you a partier. There is a thing called social drinking.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Also, because you drink bottomless mimosas, or drink at all for that matter, does not instantly make you a partier. There is a thing called social drinking.
    I think people are questioning whether Boom Boom is 21 and legally able to drink in the US.
    Never understood such a ridiculously high age limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

I kinda love the idea of Boom Boom as an alcoholic. This team could easily go the way of X-Statix with everyone being a complete mess.

Eh when you take Bottomless Mimosa+women it quickly goes from a social thing, to a party, then trial...therapy...hospital ...chef...then wrapped up nicely with a "Springer Final Thoughts"
    GrindrStone(D)

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

She's a straight girl hanging out with gays; it's bound to happen.

I'm there for the bottomless until they kick me out. Am I an alcoholic?

Probably.
    Definitely.

Tabby is a college-aged white girl. She's totally about the booze. Also, her introduction in CaXF had her guzzling wine on a jet ski.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Ultimate Member

My point is that they're reducing her over the last several years to being nothing more than a smart mouthed party girl and I always thought that she was more than that so I'm not happy about it...and if Tabitha is 24 that would put Sam about the same age as the O5 if they're not over 30 yet...

Incredible Member

My point is that they're reducing her over the last several years to being nothing more than a smart mouthed party girl and I always thought that she was more than that so I'm not happy about it...and if Tabitha is 24 that would put Sam about the same age as the O5 if they're not over 30 yet...
    Probably because some writers don't bother reading back-issues about said characters, or maybe because there are some aspects of character facets that writers like about characters that they're inclined to toss away the character developments. It's frustrating sometimes.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Okay, but no? You seem to be under the impression that the age difference between Tabitha and Sam was significant when it wasn't. It was only about a year. Tabby has always been older than Rahne, but very very slightly younger than Sam and Dani. She's probably 22-24, around the same age as Kitty. The O5 are barely in their 30's. That's enough of a generational gap.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I'm assuming that is a bad thing?
    No. It’s better when they offer some resistance.

Tab’s the same age as Kitty, only 2 years younger than Sam and 3 years younger than Rogue. Gambit’s 6 years older than Rogue going by their ages during the Mutant Massacre.

Tab and Ric are the same age too, and a year older than Rahne . Basically if we say Iceman is 30 now like suggested in his solo series then:

18: Jubilee
    20: M
    21: Wolfsbane, Husk
    22: Kitty Pryde, Sunspot, Rachel Grey**, Boom Boom, Rictor
    23: Magma, Cypher*, Magik***, Empath, Legion***
    24: Dani Moonstar, Cannonball, Skids, Warpath, Chamber
    25: Jamie Madrox, Rogue, Siryn, Meggan
    27: Colossus, Karma
    29: Polaris, Nightcrawler
    30: Iceman, Havok
    31: Gambit
    32: Jean Grey*, Archangel*, Dazzler, Pete Wisdom
    33: Beast, Sage
    34+: Storm, Psylocke, Captain Britain, Forge, Bishop**
    27(x2): Emma Frost

*debatable due to death/resurrection
    **debatable due to time travel
    ***debatable due to death, resurrection and time travel

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    No. It’s better when they offer some resistance.

Tab’s the same age as Kitty, only 2 years younger than Sam and 3 years younger than Rogue. Gambit’s 6 years older than Rogue going by their ages during the Mutant Massacre.

Tab and Ric are the same age too, and a year older than Rahne . Basically if we say Iceman is 30 now like suggested in his solo series then:

18: Jubilee
    20: M
    21: Wolfsbane, Husk
    22: Kitty Pryde, Sunspot, Rachel Grey**, Boom Boom, Rictor
    23: Magma, Cypher*, Magik***, Empath, Legion***
    24: Dani Moonstar, Cannonball, Skids, Warpath, Chamber
    25: Jamie Madrox, Rogue, Siryn, Meggan
    27: Colossus, Karma
    29: Polaris, Nightcrawler
    30: Iceman, Havok
    31: Gambit
    32: Jean Grey*, Archangel*, Dazzler, Pete Wisdom
    33: Beast, Sage
    34+: Storm, Psylocke, Captain Britain, Forge, Bishop**
    27(x2): Emma Frost

*debatable due to death/resurrection
    **debatable due to time travel
    ***debatable due to death, resurrection and time travel
    I am a firm believer in "Jean Grey now belongs to the Generation of the New Mutants and Hellions"
    I hate it when characters are treated as if they aged while being dead (that happened to Doug)