Default Superman #44 Preview

https://www.monkeysfightingrobots.co...%8Foverse/amp/

Lots of great stuff in this preview, the Bizarro people's reactions to their world ending, Boyzarro and Hawkzarro making up, a Pre Reborn story reference and Superman brawling with Bizarro on the moon. I have high hopes that this issue will continue to be as entertaining as the last two were.

Thanks for the preview.

The reason why Superman wasn't in sync with Earth in the annual was that he considered himself an outsider. I wonder how that fits in the current continuity. The preview looks really good, can't wait to read the issue.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Learner View Post
    The reason why Superman wasn't in sync with Earth in the annual was that he considered himself an outsider. I wonder how that fits in the current continuity. The preview looks really good, can't wait to read the issue.
    Yeah, I don't get how these storylines happened if they were never split so why would he remember that?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yeah, I don't get how these storylines happened if they were never split so why would he remember that?
    I think it works the same way after each Crisis. The Heroes "remember"..... but they only remember the incident itself.... Not that there was another continuity before theirs, or they had been "out of synch" because they came from a previous timeline....

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Because reality still seems to be in flux?
    I mean, one issue of Justice League has Cyborg claiming he was a founding member, then the next issue says the League has been around for something like 15 years; far too long for Cyborg to have been a founding member. Wally is still hit or miss when it comes to people remembering him.

Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

I don't know about the 15 years bit but one could retcon things pretty easily: the old JLA fell apart, for whatever reason, and then Cyborg became a founder of the new League, and the reason nobody remembered each other was because of manipulation by someone from Apokolips (Glorious Godfrey?), or...something.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Ever since Reborn it has always been a 15 year time line since Jon was put into continuity. Jon is 10 and was born during the Darksied invasion in the Pre-Reborn time line, and he was born after Superman's Death Post-Reborn.

It's also established that Manhunter was not a founding member, however he was the first new member to join the League. He then shortly after turned on them over some greater good plot point. Cyborg has been and continues to be a founding member of the Justice League Post-Rebirth and Post-Reborn.

To my knowledge, there is no indication that time is still in flux at the moment. During an issue of Trinity, Superman (via dreams) "remembers" that there used to be two of him, and he's now very much aware of the greater mysteries surrounding that.

The only confirmed fluctuation of the DCU since Reborn has come in the form of Metal, and that is has been clearly stated to ripple out into stories and continuity after this run.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Man, I love Doug Mahnke's Superman.

His Superman, at times, is mythological. There's this mad energy about him that is really intense and wonderful. Not many capture the physicality of Superman well. That rough and tumble attitude. Rags Morales does. Ivan Reis can. It's just very cool, man. Just little details like Superman holding Bizzaro's shoulder back as he gets ready to strike him. A minor detail but one that adds so much character and excitement to an otherwise very uninteresting story.

He seems to really "get" how Superman moves, and he conveys it beautifully. Superman doesn't want to brawl, he'll avoid it as best he can, but he will not allow conflict to escalate annnnnd here comes the left hook.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 03-31-2018 at 01:24 PM.

LOL... the noom...
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by The Learner View Post
    That and the fact he was a literal outsider from another universe at the time. Since many Pre Reborn stories had numerous mentions to Superman and Lois being from a Pre 52 DCU, I wonder how they fit into the merged Reborn timeline. Still, it makes more sense than a Superman from another universe replacing a dead one.

What the Lleh?! This was too painful to read. The whole arc in fact.