Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Default Justice Society - with or without these characters?

When it comes to the Justice Society of America, do you prefer them with or without the following characters (all Golden Age/Pre-COIE Earth-Two versions)?

1. Superman
    2. Wonder Woman
    3. Batman
    4. Robin
    5. Aquaman
    6. Green Arrow

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

No thank you to all of the above.

If it has to be set on the same earth as the main continuity, then a solid "NO" to all of them.

If the JSA is on earth-2, or we're dealing with some other alternative reality, then a big fat yes to the Trinity, a "no, he can join Infinity later on" for Robin, and a solid "Don't care either way" for Arrow and Orin.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Without.

What's the point if you're just going to fill up the team with Justice Leagers?

Without. Rather see Sandman, Dr. Midnight, Wildcat, Starman, Mr. Terrific, Dr Fate, Spectre, Red Tornado, etc

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

If it's on Earth-2, they definitely should be there. They shouldn't get a whole lot of focus, because they get enough on the main Earth as it is, but they should be there. If for no other reason than for allowing Power Girl, Huntress and the Fury to exist.

If they are on the main Earth, I'd have them take advantage of Superman and Wonder Woman's immortality and have them be members if they are hellbent on having the JSA tied to WWII. But they shouldn't be on the same Earth at all, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    What's the point if you're just going to fill up the team with Justice Leagers?
    They were Society members before they were Leaguers.

1. Superman Honorary only.
    2. Wonder Woman Yes.
    3. Batman Honorary only. Call him when you need some money.
    4. Robin A later adult member as he was in Super squad
    5. Aquaman No. I don't even like the idea of an Earth Two Aquaman
    6. Green Arrow No. 7SV only

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    If it's on Earth-2, they definitely should be there. They shouldn't get a whole lot of focus, because they get enough on the main Earth as it is, but they should be there. If for no other reason than for allowing Power Girl, Huntress and the Fury to exist.
    Exactly this.

I'd personally have Bruce dead, Diana ruling Themyscria and stuck to the throne, and Clark retired as Superman and running the Daily Star as its owner and EIC. They'd be background players at most.

Dick, Helena, Karen, and Lyta can carry on.

Hell, given how long it's been and we'd probably be looking at Bruce's grandchildren, they might have to use Dick and Helena's kid. Karen and Lyta would both still be active given their slow aging. Did they (the Bats) ever have a kid together in any past continuity?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

The Earth 2 Superman should absolutely be on the team
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    If it has to be set on the same earth as the main continuity, then a solid "NO" to all of them.

If the JSA is on earth-2, or we're dealing with some other alternative reality, then a big fat yes to the Trinity, a "no, he can join Infinity later on" for Robin, and a solid "Don't care either way" for Arrow and Orin.
    Exactly this. I'm still hoping they go the Earth-2 route, but play it classic this time. Yes, I know it isn't happening.

Retired

The inclusion of Superman, Batman and Robin is not that important to the classic Justice Society—neither is Wildcat, Mr. Terrific and Red Tornado—but Wonder Woman is vital to the original JSA, just as much as Black Canary, Flash and Johnny Thunder.

Is it any accident that the James Robinson revival of the JSA (in the late 1990s) got into high gear when John Byrne retconned Polly as the WW of WW II? That made it possible for Robinson, Goyer and Johns to harvest the classic adventures without too many adjustments.

I know there’s a faction that hates that, but I loved it. Of course, there ain’t nothing like the real thing, baby—and ideally (like in the movie and the TV show), Diana ought to have been around back then.

The problem for all the JSA is time—unless they live on board a time-ship or on an island made from the Rock of Eternity. Putting Dinah Drake in the JSA is problematic if her daughter is modern day Dinah Lance. That’s why Earth-Two is the preferred option for me. But Wonder Woman is not such a problem, because she’s an immortal Amazon (even a goddess) and she comes from an island outside normal time.

Even without the JSA, I want Diana to have been in the Second World War. But why did they make a Multiverse if they weren’t going to use it for this exact purpose?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Even without the JSA, I want Diana to have been in the Second World War. But why did they make a Multiverse if they weren’t going to use it for this exact purpose?
    Because it was apparently too confusing. Though I can't imagine how it could be more confusing than what followed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    When it comes to the Justice Society of America, do you prefer them with or without the following characters (all Golden Age/Pre-COIE Earth-Two versions)?

1. Superman
    2. Wonder Woman
    3. Batman
    4. Robin
    5. Aquaman
    6. Green Arrow

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I would say yes to Green Arrow and Aquaman if DC were canceling their comics. But they're not.

Mighty Member

Without, regardless of whether it's on the main Earth or Earth 2. The Trinity already get tons of attention, they don't need to steal it from the JSA too.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    I would say yes to Green Arrow and Aquaman if DC were canceling their comics. But they're not.
    I wouldn't. They don't have any JSA history.