Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But aren't people missing the point that people liked the JSA as they were in the past? The more you change what/who they were, the less they become who we wanted back in the first place!
    I'm on your side Major. However, I will note that All-Star Squadron wasn't always exactly the way they were either.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I'm on your side Major. However, I will note that All-Star Squadron wasn't always exactly the way they were either.
    The JSA in All-Star Squadron was still the same membership.
    They didn't add different members to the JSA itself in those stories.
    Members of the JSA may have worked with other heroes they never met back in the Golden Age, but Roy Thomas wasn't claiming those new/different members to be part of the JSA membership.

You can write new stories set during the Golden Age, and they can even guest-star heroes who weren't part of the JSA back then. But don't pretend those heroes who weren't part of the JSA are/were now suddenly official members of the JSA!

Spectacular Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

A lot depends on the setting, premise, and origin being used for the JSA. I'm presuming they are on and from the main Earth, they are older, and they were active in WWII. Here's what I'd do:

The actual Trinity plus Dick Grayson - Officially honorary/reserve members, but they don't show up much. Power Girl (Kara) would be the only Trinity related character who is actually an active, prominent member.

I enjoyed and miss a lot of the Johns era legacies: Cyclone, Citizen Steel, Damage, Atom Smasher, etc. I'd have included an aquatic character though. Maybe a cousin of Mera or a great or great great grandkid to Neptune Perkins & Tsunami?

If we had a different premise and/or setting, my answer would change a bit.