Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

I'm not sure where the idea of Wonder Woman as a "founder of the JSA came about If that's a supposed new development where was it mentioned? I know she's been reinserted into historical times with the Golden Age, but doe that change her from a fairly early new member to a founder? I'm not going to bicker either way. I don't think the actual roster of founders matters a whole lot within reason, of course.

As for Superman and Batman, I could see them as being popping up occasionally through time travel and getting "honorary" status. I can see needing them to be part of the Koehaha story, but helping Johnny Thunder come up with money in their other appearance seems trivial to canon. If they are considered as 'honorary' members, there should be a story where they encounter the JSA early on and get their official status.

With Death Metal's result being the characters remember their previous versions, that seems very awkward to me. Personally, I'm at the point where I want to read the few series I read and not worry about bizarre memories.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'm not sure where the idea of Wonder Woman as a "founder of the JSA came about If that's a supposed new development where was it mentioned? I know she's been reinserted into historical times with the Golden Age, but doe that change her from a fairly early new member to a founder? I'm not going to bicker either way. I don't think the actual roster of founders matters a whole lot within reason, of course...
    I wasn't aware DC was making Wonder Woman a founding member of the Justice Society of America (yet), but I could see it happening / understand the reason if they did so since there weren't ANY female heroes involved in the JSA in the very beginning*.
    (Understandable in 1940, but might not fly from a 21st century perspective.)

* And Ma Hunkel's one-page cameo in All Star Comics #3 doesn't really count in terms of female heroes involved with the JSA since she wasn't even invited to be a member.

It's pathetic that the DC website still has a page about "GENERATION ONE: AGE OF MYSTERIES" online, even though that book / series was cancelled.
    Quote Originally Posted by dccomics.com/blog
    DC PRESENTS 'GENERATION ONE: AGE OF MYSTERIES'By DC Publicity
    Thursday, February 13th, 2020

The Charge Towards DC’s Future Continues!

Series of Five One-Shot Comics Spotlight DC’s Super Hero Heritage, While Revealing Secrets that Will Shape its Future!

BURBANK, CA (February 13, 2020) – The path to DC’s future continues to unfold in Generation One: Age of Mysteries! On sale in May, Generation One: Age of Mysteries is the first of five oversized Prestige format one-shots, each detailing a different age in DC’s storied, super heroic legacy!

Generation One: Age of Mysteries follows DC’s Generation Zero: Gods Among Us, in stores on Free Comic Book Day 2020.

“The Generation series of specials are built to bring the new DC timeline to life,” said DC Publisher Dan DiDio. “With Generation One: Age of Mysteries and every subsequent volume we’ll be shining a spotlight on the 80-plus-year publishing history of the DC universe while charting the course for the bright future of DC’s characters. All of our greatest stories and events will create the backdrop and context for the great new adventures we have planned. Everything counts, and we guarantee there’ll be surprises along the way!”

Readers of Generation One: Age of Mysteries will witness firsthand major events from throughout the history of the DC universe as seen through the eyes of characters like Wonder Woman, Lucius Fox, Alfred Pennyworth, Green Lantern (Alan Scott), The Spectre (Jim Corrigan), Mister Terrific (Terry Sloane), and others. The series of one-shots will also expose secrets from DC’s history, such as:
    •What was the previously undocumented “big bang” of the Age of Mysteries?
    •Which character truly ushers in the dawn of Super Heroes, inspiring all the rest?
    •What was the real reason behind the Justice Society of America’s retirement?
    •Which Golden Age hero will become history’s greatest villain?
    •What contentious alliance kept the Wayne family dynasty alive after Thomas and Martha’s deaths?
    •Who are the new, never-seen-before wildcards that will be instrumental in fashioning DC’s push to the future?

These five books will have all the answers to these questions, setting up DC’s boldest storylines ever while laying the groundwork for more excitement to come. The five Generation issues will feature a who’s who of creative talent, with an overarching story by Brian Michael Bendis, Dan Jurgens, Andy Schmidt, Robert Venditti, and Joshua Williamson, illustrated by artists including Doug Mahnke, Bryan Hitch, Mikel Janín, Ivan Reis, David Marquez, and more.

Generation One: Age of Mysteries is scripted by Andy Schmidt, with lead art by Doug Mahnke. Each of DC’s Generation one-shots will feature a cover by Jim Cheung and a variant cover by Gary Frank. Generation Two: Age of the Metahuman, Generation Three: Age of Crisis, Generation Four: Age of Rebirth and Generation Five: Age of Tomorrow will follow monthly after Generation One: Age of Mysteries.

Generation One: Age of Mysteries is a 48-page, Prestige format one-shot on sale at comic book stores and participating online retailers on May 27, 2020. For more information on the World’s Greatest Super Heroes, visit www.dccomics.com, the DC YouTube channel, or follow @DCComics and @TheDCNation on social media.
    https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/0...e-of-mysteries

If they had at least had at least published a slightly revised version of the Geneartion One story, maybe we'd have a better idea of what DC's thinking is regarding Wonder Woman (Diana) and the beginning of the JSA.

If on Earth 2, absolutely. Besides the other JSA members, the Infinity Inc. members need them to work in the most interesting forms of themselves.

Babcock issues I’ve read where Helena Wayne encounters her Uncle Bruce from Earth 1 always had some fun thought balloons, similarly to Diana of Earth 1 meeting her doppelgänger and family.

I don’t think it’s any more poor of a concept to invest in and explore than any other sci-fi, mirror world concept. We already have it in the DC, across the omni-multiverse anyway.

Still waiting to see if/when DC ever finds a way to reveal what the current thinking is as to the history of the Justice Society of America.

I'd be happy if they decided to do a new series similar to

just so we'd know what all has changed or is still considered "canon" for the JSA.

At least until some idiot gets the bright idea to change things yet again . .

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    When it comes to the Justice Society of America, do you prefer them with or without the following characters (all Golden Age/Pre-COIE Earth-Two versions)?

1. Superman
    2. Wonder Woman
    3. Batman
    4. Robin
    5. Aquaman
    6. Green Arrow

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Sure, why not?

I'm very much in love with the idea of both the original Golden Age, and the pre-Crisis "Earth 2" attempt to recreate a version of that Golden Age in the then-present. I wish we still did that a little more now, in the current present day. I love when writers and artists try to create new "Earth 2" versions of some of these characters, rooted in their respective "Golden Ages," like Wonder Woman Earth One, early New 52 Superman, or First Wave Batman! Would love to see it done with Robin, Aquaman, GA, and the others, and all together in one book too!

Adekis (A Relatively Long Time To Post Anything!)
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Astonishing Member

I doubt they have Batman in JSA again on Earth 0.

I think they should make Earth 2 just as it was pre crisis however. This time none of that JSI stuff.

Spectacular Member

Superman and Wonder Woman should've been on the JSA but none of the other league members

Boisterously Confused

I'm a Silver-Bronze Age Boy.
    Aquaman and Green Arrow are out. It's not their venue.
    Superman and Batman should be light. They're canonical, but basically visiting cousins.
    Robin is important. That's the whole point of Post-Golden Age JSA, to be a look at the possible future.
    Wonder Woman is essential. She canonically bridges the eras.

Overall without, but I would love a story arch that features the return of earth 2 Superman.

To answer the original question, I know my history, I've read the books in question, and my preferred answer is: get rid of them all. They have nothing to offer the Society. They've outgrown it. I do have a tender spot for WW considering her spot originally though, but even that is easily replaceable by a lower tier character.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    To answer the original question, I know my history, I've read the books in question, and my preferred answer is: get rid of them all. They have nothing to offer the Society. They've outgrown it. I do have a tender spot for WW considering her spot originally though, but even that is easily replaceable by a lower tier character.
    They've tried multiple possible replacements for Wonder Woman in the past, but . . .

. . . we still need DC to confirm whether or not that story in Wonder Woman #750 is placing Diana in action back in the WWII era or not.

Wasn't that part of Didio's 5G plans that got bunked in favor Snyder's Dark Metal or whatever the hell that was? I think you can consider that out of continuity tale until DC says otherwise. A lot of stories in 'Sensational Comics' are out of continuity as well.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Wasn't that part of Didio's 5G plans that got bunked in favor Snyder's Dark Metal or whatever the hell that was? I think you can consider that out of continuity tale until DC says otherwise. A lot of stories in 'Sensational Comics' are out of continuity as well.
    Yeah, I think they changed it so she just remembers her past stories but the continuity she lives in is Rebirth.

So she has some Golden, Silver, Bronze, Post-Crisis memories but her Rebirth origin is the cannon one still. At least I think that's what they went with.

Without, JSA has wealth of characters that need exposure.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8