Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Without, JSA has wealth of characters that need exposure.
    Of course, it's the Justice Society itself that needs more exposure these days . . .

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Yeah, I think they changed it so she just remembers her past stories but the continuity she lives in is Rebirth.

So she has some Golden, Silver, Bronze, Post-Crisis memories but her Rebirth origin is the cannon one still. At least I think that's what they went with.
    The way I view it, Doomsday Clock ended with a continuity shift that put something akin to what was going to become 5G into place. The Legion of Superheroes and Justice Society that appeared in the final issue were part of that shift; the Wonder Woman in World War II story reference above was also part of it. Then death metal came along, and didn't exactly invalidate it so much as rendered it largely moot with its “everyone remembers all of their past iterations” change.

It's not entirely moot, because DC still has the option to make use of elements that were part of that final pre-Death Metal reboot if they want to; for instance, if the new, modern JSA book (when and if it happens) includes Beth Chapel as Dr. Mid-Nite and Yolanda Montez as Wildcat (as seen in Doomsday Clock), that can be chalked up to them being part of the timeline that Dr. Manhattan established when he restored Alan Scott to the timeline. Oddly, this also applies to establishing Wonder Woman as the first superhero of the Golden Age (odd, because drawing a causal connection between Alan Scott surviving and Wonder Woman debuting first is difficult; but these timeline shifts don't always make perfect sense; there are always “random” side effects whenever the timeline shifts).

So yeah; the story about Wonder Woman's debut from the 80-year special is “canon” in that the writers are free to use it if they want to; but it no longer replaces her earlier origin stories, all of which are now “canon” in exactly the same way.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    . . . So yeah; the story about Wonder Woman's debut from the 80-year special is “canon” in that the writers are free to use it if they want to; but it no longer replaces her earlier origin stories, all of which are now “canon” in exactly the same way.
    So, no matter how many of the "origin" stories may contradict each other in the details, they're all "canon".

What a bloody wonderful idea . . .

I know, right? Death Metal managed to one-up Doomsday Clock, which I didn't think was possible: Doomsday Clock merely said that the multiple iterations of the primary universe is a thing within the fictional reality of DC Comics; Doomsday Clock took it a step further and made it so that everybody knows it.
    Rogue wears rouge.

I know, right? Death Metal managed to one-up Doomsday Clock, which I didn't think was possible: Doomsday Clock merely said that the multiple iterations of the primary universe is a thing within the fictional reality of DC Comics; Doomsday Clock took it a step further and made it so that everybody knows it.
    And I'm not even sure what the Generations story did as that seemed to really warp things around as well. The bright side of the story is it doesn't matter if we don't like today's "continuity", tomorrow's will be something else so no worries. While some fans and creators get all into what details exist and how everything fits together, others wonder if their favorite characters exist or not. And, of course, why aren't they in a book?
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

If it's Earth 2, then yes. If it's main Earth, no.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    If it's Earth 2, then yes. If it's main Earth, no.
    Also depends on which version of "Earth 2".

If the New 52 version is still in play, then I'll pass.

I wouldn't mind a continuation of this Earth 2:
    Just not as a replacement for the main Earth's Justice Society.

And with the newly uncapped Multiverse, there's no reason why we can't have this and the pre-Flashpoint JSI Earth. After all, we've got like a dozen alternate Earths out there featuring different version of the Justice League; why can't we have a handful that feature different versions of the Justice Society?
    Rogue wears rouge.

I wouldn't mind a continuation of this Earth 2:
    Just not as a replacement for the main Earth's Justice Society.

And with the newly uncapped Multiverse, there's no reason why we can't have this and the pre-Flashpoint JSI Earth. After all, we've got like a dozen alternate Earths out there featuring different version of the Justice League; why can't we have a handful that feature different versions of the Justice Society?
    I really, REALLY want a good crossover between the old school JSA and the Earth 2 heroes. Robinson's start to the series wasn't what a lot of JSA fans wanted, but it was a lot better than it couylkd have been and given the book was about new, young versions of the old JSA characters, it worked pretty well. As a dimension which can appear in DC crossovers, I'd like too see it regularly featured. I'd even go so far as liking an annual summer crossover between these guys and the main earth JSA.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

That would be ironic (in a good way).

As well, I'd like to see the re-emergence of some of the Earth 2 heroes that got written out of reality in the final arc of Earth 2: Society. In particular, I'd like to see them bring back Connor Hawke as Earth 2's Green Arrow, Marella as Earth 2's Aquawoman, and Khalid Ben-Hassin as Doctor Fate; basically, reinsert characters that James Robinson created into the new continuity that was established at the end.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 06-07-2021 at 06:26 PM.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

The JSA doesn't need Superman or the Dynamic Duo especially if Powergirl & Huntress are on the team but my curiosity would be peeked if Aquaman & Green Arrow joined the JSA along with Hippolyta (loved her in Justice Society of America) it would bring an interesting dynamic regardless of what earth they are on
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
    The JSA doesn't need Superman or the Dynamic Duo especially if Powergirl & Huntress are on the team but my curiosity would be peeked if Aquaman & Green Arrow joined the JSA along with Hippolyta (loved her in Justice Society of America) it would bring an interesting dynamic regardless of what earth they are on
    The problem with not having batman or Superman tied to the JSA is that it makes Power Girl and Huntress a bit odd as JSAers. Why do two young women "inspired" by Bruce and Clark decide to join a team of old-timers rather than the Teen Titans (or other modern team)?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    The problem with not having batman or Superman tied to the JSA is that it makes Power Girl and Huntress a bit odd as JSAers. Why do two young women "inspired" by Bruce and Clark decide to join a team of old-timers rather than the Teen Titans (or other modern team)?
    It All Happened. So yes, Superman and Batman were members of the JSA, at least as honorary members. The real bizarre thing, though, is that there was both a Primary Earth JSA and am Earth 2 JSA; and it's unclear right now how much of the pre-Crisis Earth 2 JSA got folded into the primary Earth's history in the Crisis, and thus how much of it the primary Earth's Superman remembers.

But Power Girl? She remembers the pre-Crisis Earth 2. She came from there.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Aquaman and Green Arrow were never members of the Justice Society of America in the past, but Hippolyta was retconned into the "Golden Age" Wonder Woman role under John Byrne for a while, so she could still work.

Original post (from March 2018):
    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    When it comes to the Justice Society of America, do you prefer them with or without the following characters (all Golden Age/Pre-COIE Earth-Two versions)?

1. Superman
    2. Wonder Woman
    3. Batman
    4. Robin
    5. Aquaman
    6. Green Arrow

from June 2021:
    from August 2021:
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Aquaman and Green Arrow were never members of the Justice Society of America in the past, but Hippolyta was retconned into the "Golden Age" Wonder Woman role under John Byrne for a while, so she could still work.
    And since then, DC had reworked Diana into being present in the 1940s for 5G and seems to be sticking with it.

Geoff Johns has also gone and introduced a "Golden Age Aquaman", so who knows where that may lead?