Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Golden Age Aquaman does need a little more love, but he doesn't need to be JSA.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 03-30-2018 at 05:34 PM.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    When it comes to the Justice Society of America, do you prefer them with or without the following characters (all Golden Age/Pre-COIE Earth-Two versions)?

1. Superman
    2. Wonder Woman
    3. Batman
    4. Robin
    5. Aquaman
    6. Green Arrow

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)

Definitely with but with the exceptions of Aquaman and Green Arrow was they were never part of the team Pre-Crisis. Now if we're talking the All-Star Squadron, that's a different story.

I want the JSA on their own earth so they can have their own versions of Superman, Batman, Robin, Wonder Woman, Power Girl, and the Huntress. This way they don't have to play 2nd fiddle to the Justice League. They would be the premier super-team on their earth.
    Last edited by Dr. Poison; 03-30-2018 at 06:23 PM.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

The Earth 2 Superman should absolutely be on the team
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Spectacular Member

The versions of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman from Earth-2 are drastically different than the ones we're used to, so I would love to see them in the JSA. The other three really don't seem to fit, so I'd leave them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    The versions of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman from Earth-2 are drastically different than the ones we're used to, so I would love to see them in the JSA. The other three really don't seem to fit, so I'd leave them out.
    But a much older Robin (Dick Grayson), who was previously a member of the Justice Society, also offers something "different": he was the first "legacy" member to originally join.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    If it's on Earth-2, they definitely should be there. They shouldn't get a whole lot of focus, because they get enough on the main Earth as it is, but they should be there. If for no other reason than for allowing Power Girl, Huntress and the Fury to exist.
    Exactly this.

I'd personally have Bruce dead, Diana ruling Themyscria and stuck to the throne, and Clark retired as Superman and running the Daily Star as its owner and EIC. They'd be background players at most.

Dick, Helena, Karen, and Lyta can carry on.

Hell, given how long it's been and we'd probably be looking at Bruce's grandchildren, they might have to use Dick and Helena's kid. Karen and Lyta would both still be active given their slow aging. Did they (the Bats) ever have a kid together in any past continuity?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Pass on all.
    Like mentioned earlier, why fill the roster with variants of the same characters in JLA??
    Use Jay Garrick, Ted Grant, Alan Scott etc. otherwise, what the hell is the point??
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Exactly this.

I'd personally have Bruce dead, Diana ruling Themyscria and stuck to the throne, and Clark retired as Superman and running the Daily Star as its owner and EIC. They'd be background players at most.

Dick, Helena, Karen, and Lyta can carry on.

Hell, given how long it's been and we'd probably be looking at Bruce's grandchildren, they might have to use Dick and Helena's kid. Karen and Lyta would both still be active given their slow aging. Did they (the Bats) ever have a kid together in any past continuity?
    "Superman" isn't really something Clark would/could retire from. It is who he is, what he is, and who he will be. He's also not a business man, not even slightly. Perhaps at this point he's retired "Clark Kent" and he does something else in his spare time.

I think a JSA of Earth 2 book would work. Superman would be around, just not as a primary focus in the book. He does his own thing. Karen/Power Girl sometimes could call him to help with JSA stuff from time to time, or he could simply show up. He's older, seen a lot of hardtimes- he's more concerned with the world and helping people than punching Ultra Humanite in the face for the 45th time.

I'm okay with Batman being dead or retired. His kids carry on his legacy. Dick, Helena, maybe a few others we didn't know about. I'd wager Helena has at least a few brothers and sisters, not all of which know about their dad's real legacy.

Wonder Woman would be around. I'd probably have her lead the JSA. Maybe she has also become more of a political power. Forcing change through policy and diplomacy.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 03-31-2018 at 07:33 AM.

WONDER WOMAN=NUBIA of EARTH 2=YES
    BATMAN=DICK GRAYSON=YES
    SUPERMAN=VAL ZOD=YES

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    I would say yes to Green Arrow and Aquaman if DC were canceling their comics. But they're not.
    I wouldn't. They don't have any JSA history.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But a much older Robin (Dick Grayson), who was previously a member of the Justice Society, also offers something "different": he was the first "legacy" member to originally join.
    He and Helena Wayne are my sentimental favorites. Would love to see them in a JSA book.

Astonishing Member

I want the classic Earth Two back with ALL the Golden Age characters. So if I am getting my dream JSA it's membership includes Wonder Woman with Superman and Batman getting a bit of page time (not regular members but maybe one adventure with the team each in the first 25 issues). Robin is a bit complicated as I'd prefer Dick Grayson to have replaced Bruce Wayne and for any Robin in the present to be at least a generation younger than Infinity Inc. Aquaman and Green Arrow are characters I wouldn't object to seeing but not as more than guest stars (and even then they aren't near the top of my list).

As others have said, if this is some attempt to relaunch the team or bring the classic JSA to the modern Earth- I really don't need any duplicated heroes or warped attempts to place modern heroes back in the 1940's (like making Hippolyta a member in the 40's, having Superman time-travel to play a role in the original adventures, Aquaman having a career that stretches a century that we never knew about ...).

Although while typing that I realized that a young Superman going back in time to join the JSA does sort of make a neat parallel to the Superboy/LSH set-up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    How are they drastically different?
    They're Kal-El of Krypton, who is a newspaper reporter in his spare time, traumatised orphan and playboy millionaire Bruce Wayne, and Diana of Themyscira, Amazon princess.

It'd be as if the Earth 2 Flash and Green Lantern were Barry Allen and Hal Jordan in really old-fashioned outfits.

Well we haven’t seen the JSA in good while, so its not like it has had the opportunity to sustain or grow it’s market. So it might not be the worst idea to throw in some more marquee members to help bolster the roster at first.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-31-2018 at 02:05 AM.

Ultimate Member

For the most part, without.

I like the idea that some of them *were* once on the Justice Society, but that they've moved on. Earth 2 Batman was both married and retired, and his daughter was an adult who fights crime and his 'teenaged ward' Robin *had gray hair.* Earth 2 Superman is gone. Earth 2 Wonder Woman, less clear, but I'm fine with her either being gone back to Themiscrya, or even still being on the team, along other immortal types like Dr. Fate.

But, ideally, I'd want to see more focus on Justice Society members who don't have Earth 1 analogues (or their own books), like Dr. Fate, Power Girl, Huntress and Wildcat.