Default Batman & Wolverine vs Nightwing & Captain America

Setting is Gotham at night. No prep time. Thoughts?

This is a bit of a weird fight in that the most effective move both Batman and Nightwing can start with is smokebomb/flashbang and deke away into the streets with their erstwhile teammate to try and set up some kind of stealth ambush within Gotham using familiarity with the terrain.

At which point it should come down to that while both Batman and Nightwing are reaaallly good at that kind of thing, Wolverine comes off as better at stealth than Cap on the whole and also he has the senses thing going as far as scent. Team A should eventually get the drop on Team B, which should seal things.

Pretty much what Pendaran said.

As an extra point, Wolverine at least has some sort of lasting power with his healing. Meaning in the initial flurry at fight start, team A will have less potential injuries between them as they run to the shadows.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Pretty much what Pendaran said.

As an extra point, Wolverine at least has some sort of lasting power with his healing. Meaning in the initial flurry at fight start, team A will have less potential injuries between them as they run to the shadows.
    Point of order: While Logan's healing is a definite advantage, a good amount of what the bat boys will be unloading at each other will be sensory overload based, which I think Logan would have a harder time with. That and Cap should do pretty all right initially between Nthe shield and Nightwing covering him with return fire.

Otherwise I agree with the guys above me.

It's basically 3 dudes on the same level and 1 guy (Nightwing) just a touch below. Just purely because of that I'm backing team 1. The fact that Wolverine has a healing factor is icing on the cake.

I feel like everyone is going to get through the initial encounter and it's going to come down to Batman's strategy vs NIghtwing's. Hard to doubt Batman's edge there. Though he has shown a tendency, though not consistently, to underestimate his own people. Also, I'm going to go ahead and say that Cap makes a better teammate than Logan, on account of the latter's known tendency to fly into rages.

I'm leaning toward the slightest imaginable edge for Nightwing/Cap, given that Logan will do something stupid when sufficiently provoked.

It's difficult to put a lot of stock in an argument whose crucial element is "Wolverine is a moron". The guy has been able to suck it up and work with people who have murderously wronged him and for whom he has spent years wanting their deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Point of order: While Logan's healing is a definite advantage, a good amount of what the bat boys will be unloading at each other will be sensory overload based, which I think Logan would have a harder time with. That and Cap should do pretty all right initially between Nthe shield and Nightwing covering him with return fire.
    Keep in mind, Wolverine used to be teammates with Banshee.

His response to things like that are "great. My eardrums have burst. that's slightly annoying."

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

And Logan is best friends with a guy whose abilities revolve around releasing clouds of sulfur every time he teleports, and he is the surrogate dad to a girl whose abilities revolve around firing explosives everywhere.