Default The New Metal Men.My Creation.

How about a new take on the Metal Men.i like to think outside the box so if DC is looking for new idea's what do you all think of this roaster.

CYBORG=as Leader

FRANCES KANE=a magnetic based character.MAGENTA is her darkside persona she fight's to keep under control.
    BOMBSHELL=Amy Allen former Teen Titan
    MERCURY=an original member of the Metal Men.
    RED INFERNO=Fire Powered android created by T.O.MORROW.
    BLUE BEETLE=Jaime reyes Armor powerhouse.

I'm sorry but these thread titles are really off-putting. What do I think of the roster? I think it's a fun one. But building rosters is not "your creation," it's your idea. Unless you created the characters which is obviously not a thing you're trying to do.

I'm a director of plays for a living. So I have to cast plays, considering various actors for various roles. But I don't "create" the cast. The cast was already there. I just put them on the team.

What on Earth qualifies this group of characters to call themselves "The Metal Men"? One original member of the Metal Men, a bunch of cyborgs and robots, and somebody with magnetic powers does not qualify as "The Metal Men." You're playing too fast, loose, and abstract with the name of the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    What on Earth qualifies this group of characters to call themselves "The Metal Men"? One original member of the Metal Men, a bunch of cyborgs and robots, and somebody with magnetic powers does not qualify as "The Metal Men." You're playing too fast, loose, and abstract with the name of the group.
    The whole point of the Metal Men was they were robots that took on the properties of the metals they were made of. And what happens when one metal is alloyed with another. Sort of a subversive way to teach science to kids.
    So I too don't really see what is gained by throwing some random characters together made from a variety of elements with nothing specific about any particular element being in their powerset. How does that teach science?

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

I can't really see the point in separating Mercury from the rest of the original Metal Men. His interactions with the others was one of the series' great charms. I'd rather get a new Metal Men series with the original cast.

Your idea of incorporating other 'metallic' characters into it isn't bad though. The last Metal Men series, part of the Legends Of Tomorrow comic, did just that. The title featured both Cyborg and Red Tornado, just like your pitch, and also characters like Robotman. It hardly set the world on fire but was decent enough.

BANNED

awesome creation. you're my favorite creator

With the Metal miniseries just concluding, I was toying around with idea of adapting each of the Metal Men with some of the fictitious metals in the DCU. Either as an alloy or as additional adaptations integrated into them.

Gold gets Promethium or Lead gets Batmanium or Platinum gets Amazonium or Mercury get Suspendium and maybe one of them gets Nth metal.

I didn't read Metal, but I think there were five specific metals (leaving one of the Metal Men out of luck) that gave access to the Dark Multiverse. Playing around with that concept and the Metal Men might be fun and a way to add to the plots of their stories. You'd think Doc Magnus would be all about understanding the attributes of these metals.

As I said pay attention to the post.i like to think outside the box.just because a group is called metal men doesn't mean they have to be made out of metal.look at the power co.they had a member who didn't have powers.so what you shouldn't name a group power co.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    As I said pay attention to the post.i like to think outside the box.just because a group is called metal men doesn't mean they have to be made out of metal.look at the power co.they had a member who didn't have powers.so what you shouldn't name a group power co.
    But you're not "thinking outside the box." You're just making lists without putting ANY thought into it whatsoever. You're putting too much emphasis on "outside the box" and putting none on "thought." For instance, "WHY are these particular characters being put together? WHY are they working together? WHY would they stay together? And most importantly, WHY would they call themselves 'The Metal Men'?" These are just a few questions you should have addressed BEFORE YOU EVEN CREATED A LIST OF CHARACTERS to be part of it, instead of typing up a list of random characters and saying, "Ta-da, I've created a new super-team, what do you guys think?"