Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Robin John Blake

Would you have read an else worlds spin off series about him at the end of the Dark Knight Rises where he takes up the mantle of the Bat?

My only real problem with the character was that he was was named Robin. It was a slap to the face of those of us who wanted one of the actual robins to show up. I'm fine with the idea of someone other than one of the robin's taking up the mantle and either succeeding or failing as the Batman.

It's kind of a shame we never saw that story play out.

There were still plenty of Batman villains he could have fought. Penguin, Riddler, Mad Hatter, Killer Croc, and either some version of Harley or possibly Dula Dent.

Thoughts
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Would you have read an else worlds spin off series about him at the end of the Dark Knight Rises where he takes up the mantle of the Bat?

My only real problem with the character was that he was was named Robin. It was a slap to the face of those of us who wanted one of the actual robins to show up. I'm fine with the idea of someone other than one of the robin's taking up the mantle and either succeeding or failing as the Batman.

It's kind of a shame we never saw that story play out.

There were still plenty of Batman villains he could have fought. Penguin, Riddler, Mad Hatter, Killer Croc, and either some version of Harley or possibly Dula Dent.

Thoughts
    I would at least try it. It could be good. Also, I think it's fairly obvious in the movie that "Blake" was a nod to "Drake". There are some similarities between the two.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Nope, no interest whatsoever. Probably not even if they'd put Ed Brubaker on it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I would at least try it. It could be good. Also, I think it's fairly obvious in the movie that "Blake" was a nod to "Drake". There are some similarities between the two.
    Absolutely. This was hammered home when he shows up at the doorstep of Wayne Manor asking for Batman.

BANNED

Blake contained elements of all the main three. Like Dick he`s an orphan who ends up being a cop, like Jason he also had to deal with his inner rage and first met Bruce near his car when he living was at an Orphanage and like Tim, he figured out his identity on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Also, I think it's fairly obvious in the movie that "Blake" was a nod to "Drake". There are some similarities between the two.
    Maybe, but there is an incredibly minor Batman character with that same name.

This kid, from Batman #13:

s3xJU.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I don't care about John Blake at all but I do care about The Dark Knight Universe and I would be more than happy to see how Ledger's Joker would react to the death of Batman or even how characters such as Clayface, Killer Croc or Poison Ivy would look like... Or even if there would be an actual Justice League in this world and how the members would be adapted to The Nolanverse.

There is a lot of potential for a comic book that becomes great when it had no right to be just like Injustice have been

BANNED

But yeah, I would. Maybe not a big enough thing for his own feature film but a tv series could potentially work.

Incredible Member

I'd be up for a movie of it. Get Nolan, zimmer, Michael cain and everyone back, make a Nolan verse sequel in the same style with most of the same pieces that made it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Maybe, but there is an incredibly minor Batman character with that same name.

This kid, from Batman #13:

s3xJU.jpg
    Incredible coincidence or the writers really knew their DC Comics?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Incredible coincidence or the writers really knew their DC Comics?
    doubtful that kid only appears on one page

Incredible Member

I'd have loved a comic book miniseries featuring him post-TDKR, as long as the Nolans were involved in shaping the story.

Not really because I like the idea he went on to live a normal life after the events of the film.

Since they did Batman 66 I wouldn't mind a comic spinoff to Nolan's Dark Knight-verse. I wouldn't want a tv show or movie because the team went onto other things and there are so many other characters to use.

It would be funny to see him pop up on Arrow tho.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Not really because I like the idea he went on to live a normal life after the events of the film.
    that obviously never happened though given the very last shot of the film

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    that obviously never happened though given the very last shot of the film
    Honestly it can go either way to me. I never felt like he had that strong a desire to be batman after Bruce dies. If he still wanted to fight the good fight, he would have just stayed a cop to me.

I interpreted that scene as Bruce rewarding John's faith in him than neccesarily saying "hey go take over for me".

But maybe that would be a cool angle for his series? maybe he becomes a publicly known batman like Jim Gordon did in Snyder's run?