Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Marvel Studios Claims Release Dates for Five Unrevealed Films, From 2017 to 2019

Marvel Studios continues to play the long game by claiming five release dates for as-yet unrevealed films from July 2017 through May 2019.

Full article here.

What do you guys think its gunna be? I'm hoping for a Runaways movie... Bit of a long shot. Deadpool movie seems more likely maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by thor View Post
    What do you guys think its gunna be? I'm hoping for a Runaways movie... Bit of a long shot. Deadpool movie seems more likely maybe?
    Deadpool isn't a marvel.studios license. You could do runaways after the jessica jones series hit netflix

You got to figure that several of the "untitled" films will be sequels .. Avengers 3 will surely be one of them .. Thor 3 also will surely be one. Also, Guardians Of The Galaxy 2. Maybe even Ant Man 2.

With 2 films a year or even 3 .. not a lot of room for new stuff ..

Astonishing Member

Iron Man is off the board. I think Cap 3 will be the last one and Thor 3 should cap off that franchise. I think GotG will be a new franchise. There will be a third Avengers film, and we know Doctor Strange is happening.

If Marvel's plan of one established IP and one new IP still goes forward it could be a fun few years.

I thought Thor 3 was confirmed already? Was that just wishful thinking?

Deadpool is fox and he will pop up wint Apocalypse or X-force before he gets a solo.

So theres 7 unannounced spots? Thor3,Avengers3, and Dr Strange are done deals so that leaves 4. Black Panther, and the Inhumans are the most likely. As well as another Hulk Solo Film. Ms Marvel is also at good odds. BlackWidow solo film maybe but I hope not even a Blackwidow,Hawkeye team-up film Id pass on.

Black Panther I hope has one of the sooner dates. Its likely one of those spots is for him since everyone from Stan Lee to Feige have said is gonna happen they just don't know when. So hopefully that means he a priority.

The Inhuman have gotten a huge push in the comics over the past few years similar to the way GOTG did before they were announced. So that why Black Bolt and the Royal family are also very likely.

Runaways less likely but hopefull anyway

BANNED

Edit: nvm misread

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Deadpool isn't a marvel.studios license. You could do runaways after the jessica jones series hit netflix
    Didn't think about that with Deadpool. I thought I heard that a Runaways script was in the making forever ago but I don't think anyone actually thought anything would come of it.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

*chants 'Black Widow, Black Panther, Captain Marvel'*

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    *chants 'Black Widow, Black Panther, Captain Marvel'*
    Yes, yes, and yes please!

Didn't think about that with Deadpool. I thought I heard that a Runaways script was in the making forever ago but I don't think anyone actually thought anything would come of it.
    I loved runaways. It would be a ballsey move though.

Ultimate Member

Well Thor 3 and Cap 3 are probably taking spots, and possibly GOTG 2. Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Black Widow seem like the three leading contenders. Inhumans is another possibility, given Feige's past comments and their current push in the comics.

Ultimate Member

Deadpool is owned by FOX as part of the X-Men film rights, so Marvel cannot use him. I personally think that Runaways would work better as an ongoing TV show.

If they're going to continue releasing films in 'phases', then a few seem like pretty obvious candidates. Looking at these dates there's enough to fill 5 films for Phase 3 and then 4 so far for a possible Phase 4. Filling in the blanks for Phase 3 we can probably add Thor 3 and Avengers 3 to the already announced Ant-Man and Cap 3 for certain. Dr. Strange is an odd one, since I'm not sure if that can be done so soon. Of course it could always just be a Phase with 4 movies in it, but I think either Dr. Strange or maybe a Black Widow movie are strong contenders.

Beyond that, 4 more titles to 'guess.' I wouldn't be surprised if we see some sort of continuation of the Cap and Thor series, maybe have Bucky and/or Loki headline a film of their own if not just simply going for Cap 4 and Thor 4? Also assume this Phase will contain either a Black Widow or Dr. Strange solo film, a Guardians of the Galaxy sequel if the first one does well, and I think another cross-over film like Avengers could be in the cards.

Really hoping we'll see Captain Marvel or maybe Black Panther though. Another option is maybe have Iron Man return in Phase 4, perhaps have Rhodey take over if Robert Downey Jr. no longer wants to? All pure speculation of course! But that's so much fun though.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!