Default Darkseid Vs. Thanos -- Starring Apocalypse!

Darkseid and Thanos receive a challenge -- using all their powers, tech, and a week's worth of prep, they compete to see who can turn Apocalypse into a villain on their level. Thanos has home field advantage but Darkseid has more experience (I think?). Who comes closest? Who gets frustrated and takes it out on him first? What does their training look like?

Setting: Present day Egypt.

Scenario 1: No Celestial tech, no henchmen for any of the three participants.

Scenario 2: Full resources (including Celestial tech, henchmen, and even Apokolips), barring Infinity Gauntlet and Anti-Life Equation.

How does this go?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I'm imagining a montage of Darkseid shoving Apocalypse down stairs, introducing him to Mary Marvel, teaching him how to pick barn locks, training him on how to clean fast food grease traps, surreptitiously planting a summer home in his collar, etc..., all to "You're the Best Around."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I'm imagining a montage of Darkseid shoving Apocalypse down stairs, introducing him to Mary Marvel, teaching him how to pick barn locks, training him on how to clean fast food grease traps, surreptitiously planting a summer home in his collar, etc..., all to "You're the Best Around."
    The Thanos montage on the other hand includes building a helicopter named the Apocoter, repeatedly sending grand but lame gifts to Death who keeps rejecting them, dressing up a scarecrow in Apocalypse' usual attire, how to behave when the cops shove you into the back of their police car and more, to the fist pumping tune of "Eye of the Tiger".

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    The Thanos montage on the other hand includes building a helicopter named the Apocoter, repeatedly sending grand but lame gifts to Death who keeps rejecting them, dressing up a scarecrow in Apocalypse' usual attire, how to behave when the cops shove you into the back of their police car and more, to the fist pumping tune of "Eye of the Tiger".
    I read a comic recently that pointed out something that I had never thought about before, but should have been obvious.

Death appears to Thanos and mocks him. She basically says "Did you ever stop and think that maybe death is the LAST thing Death wants as a gift?"

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I read a comic recently that pointed out something that I had never thought about before, but should have been obvious.

Death appears to Thanos and mocks him. She basically says "Did you ever stop and think that maybe death is the LAST thing Death wants as a gift?"
    Is it his origin miniseries ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The funniest is when Thanos follows Death (Dee-Dee) to DC comics.

The most cringeworthy thing about Apocalypse isn’t his general ineffectiveness.

It’s the fact that they took a character who is inherently racist and still managed to handle it in a way that was itself even more racist. It’s quite impressive.

Think about this for a moment.

Apocalypse’s big story arc. Age of Apocalypse. In which Apocalypse has become the grand dictator, imposing his will to ensure the master race reigns supreme and in which he has high-ranking scientists (Dark Beast, Sugar Man) experimenting on people.

And they introduce Apocalypse’s son. And they call him Holocaust.

I mean I quite like the character of Holocaust, but damn that name is so carelessly offensive.

I never thought it was offensive. Holocaust wanted to kill EVERYBODY. If anything, calling him that is underselling him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I never thought it was offensive. Holocaust wanted to kill EVERYBODY. If anything, calling him that is underselling him.
    Genocide would have been better.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Apocalypse’s big story arc. Age of Apocalypse. In which Apocalypse has become the grand dictator, imposing his will to ensure the master race reigns supreme.
    More of a master species than a race. But his schtick has always been survival of the fittest - being a mutant carries little weight if they're weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Genocide would have been better.
    Maybe the X-Editors were worried that they couldn't have too many words with the prefix geno-? There was already Genosha.

Though yeah, it does seem odd that they hadn't used the word Genocide as a a code name until fairly recently.