I really don't get why they keep using the New 52 Robin costume. I'd really love to know why because I can't imagine that someone like King actually likes it. It sticks out like a sore thumb when he is really trying to blend these classic elements from old era into his Batman run.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
The original classic Robin costume needs to stay dead, but while I like the New 52 version, its stylized motif doesn't work if you're utilizing the classic visuals again for the past in which Dick Grayson operated as Robin. And this isn't even hard, you don't have to design something new. You just lift the TAS costume.

thAPC2O4O8.jpg

Boom, you're done. Its classic, its simple, and its not wildly inappropriate for a child.
Pretty much this, or just add pants to Dick's original Robin costume and give him boots instead of pixie shoes. It's so simple. I don't get why they continue to push the New 52 one by Rocafort that is so forgettable. All it does is remind fans of the New 52 and how Dick didn't become Robin until he was 16.

I'm fine with not having the old classic one, as it was ridiculous, but just get rid of this New 52 one for something that actually feels classic and memorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
Does it really matter much now? Dick's Robin costume is only going to appear in sporadic flashbacks. Don't see it being worth a multiple page discussion.
I think it does as every time Dick appears as Robin in any story we are stuck with the **** New 52 Robin costume. This is a problem we've had since the New 52, into Rebirth and I'm sure will continue past Doomsday Clock. It just reminds people of the New 52 every time you see it and and era most Dick fans want to forget.