Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Batman #44 Preview

I saw this on twitter (https://www.dccomics.com/reader/#/comics/436824). Im really looking forward as usual .

Do we know if the pages set in the past are from old stories?

LoL, of course she’d steal her dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    LoL, of course she’d steal her dress.
    I guess she can just use her fiance's bank account to pay for any damages. But yeah stealing her dress is a very catwoman thing to do

Don't see the point of keeping N52 Robin's costume nowadays, at least in a comic like this, where Catwoman is in her classic costume and Batman only missing the trunks. I don't care much continuity wise wich costume should Robin be wearing, but instead, which costume would make the issue more consistent, in which case I would have went with Robin's classic outfit. Otherwise, nice preview, I'm not well versed in Catwoman's history, so I can't say how much those flashbacks are part of previous stories, but I get the feeling they fit well with old stories and what was going on at the time. Example, Selina not being Catwoman and trying to remain outside crime.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

It's weird that Selina keeps cycling through her classic looks while Batman stays in the same modern costume in each flashback. As does Robin .

I hope she'll at least leave money for the dress after she takes it...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's weird that Selina keeps cycling through her classic looks while Batman stays in the same modern costume in each flashback. As does Robin .

I hope she'll at least leave money for the dress after she takes it...
    I think it is pretty likely that she will. I mean money probably isn't at all an issue for Selina - she must have a relatively large fortune personally from all the jewels and stuff she has stolen.

Okay, this makes no sense. You have Catwoman in her classic costume but we still keep Dick in his **** New 52 Robin costume? This makes no sense to me. It looks completely out of place when trying to reference Batman and Catwoman's decades and decades of history.

Catwoman, master thief and burglar, breaks into a normal shop by blowing up the floor. 'Kay.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Okay, this makes no sense. You have Catwoman in her classic costume but we still keep Dick in his **** New 52 Robin costume? This makes no sense to me. It looks completely out of place when trying to reference Batman and Catwoman's decades and decades of history.
    I take it as someone remembering. And/or visual reminder that there is a mixture of past canon - some of it happened but not exactly as in the original comics. So although these section of these stories happened it may not be exactly the same.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Catwoman, master thief and burglar, breaks into a normal shop by blowing up the floor. 'Kay.
    If the place was better protected all manor of internal alarms would likely get triggered when you blow up the floor. She probably doesn't get to use this method too often. Then again maybe she just wants a special occasion to be memorable.

Good God they have to get rid of that New 52 Robin suit. I get that some people don't like the scaly shorts and pixie boots. But Rocafort's design looks more appropriate for Krypton than the Silver Age era that Dick's time as Robin usually calls back to.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Cat won't steal the dress, Bat is a good influence on her moral character these days.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    Don't see the point of keeping N52 Robin's costume nowadays, at least in a comic like this, where Catwoman is in her classic costume and Batman only missing the trunks. I don't care much continuity wise wich costume should Robin be wearing, but instead, which costume would make the issue more consistent, in which case I would have went with Robin's classic outfit. Otherwise, nice preview, I'm not well versed in Catwoman's history, so I can't say how much those flashbacks are part of previous stories, but I get the feeling they fit well with old stories and what was going on at the time. Example, Selina not being Catwoman and trying to remain outside crime.
    I recognize all these stories so far. Though not identical to the original, very VERY close. Differences could account for the justification of "some of those things happened but not exactly as they were shown" including the uniforms and outfits. Catwoman outfit changes are already in canon as she went through a lot as part of continuously reinventing herself. She would even look at her old costumes occasionally. The batman and Robin changes are perhaps more stylistic/editorial updates and less a story point and therefore less tied to original depictions perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
    Cat won't steal the dress, Bat is a good influence on her moral character these days.
    "breaks into a normal shop by blowing up the floor."
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Do we know if the pages set in the past are from old stories?
    At least the part of her getting hit by a Brick is from Batman #62, the story were they came up with the "amnesiac flight attendant" origin.

I find it somehow wired that they mix in the Golden Age stuff since it doesn't really fit with the modern incarnation of Catwoman.