Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

A big problem I still have with that is that he is mostly using pre crisis flash back, which doesn't work for me with the post crisis incarnation of Catwoman.
    The "every thing is continuty" thing doesn't work for every character, sorry but King should decide if it was "street" or "boat" or come up with an origin that merges everything together in clever way. But like this it is just a mess.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    A big problem I still have with that is that he is mostly using pre crisis flash back, which doesn't work for me with the post crisis incarnation of Catwoman.
    The "every thing is continuty" thing doesn't work for every character, sorry but King should decide if it was "street" or "boat" or come up with an origin that merges everything together in clever way. But like this it is just a mess.
    I don't even think it works for ANY character. Not with the way DC has conducted themselves with their continuity reboots. Which is why it's fine to just use the broad strokes and not overthink it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The cover to Batman #46, a time travel issue supposed to be set in the "90's equivalent of DC's timeline", has Catwoman don a blatant derivative of Michelle Pfeiffer's threads from Batman Returns. So if they are incorporating things from other media adaptations, may as well adopt some of the best things too.
    Yeah...
    I see your point.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I don't even think it works for ANY character. Not with the way DC has conducted themselves with their continuity reboots. Which is why it's fine to just use the broad strokes and not overthink it.
    It kind of depends on how much a reboot changed a character imo.
    And in some cases even broad strokes because the different version contradict each other.

Agreed, the current Bats/Cats/Supie thread(s) over the past few issues have been great. So preferable to the formula Bats vs random monster/classic villain over 4 issues with the middle 2 being padding followed by weak ending. Also this doesn't suffer from the Batman-is a-complete-!?!?!? character that is in Detective Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
    Her wedding dress is worth 28 000 dollars and Bruce let her steal it than pay of it himself or did I skip something here? I fear her kleptomania issues are going to be a big problem in their marriage.
    If he leaves a cheque for everything she steals then it's not stealing just paying later. If he leaves a generous tip or buys a few more items as goodwill then shouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    You've let yourself go.
    I don't get it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    If he leaves a cheque for everything she steals then it's not stealing just paying later. If he leaves a generous tip or buys a few more items as goodwill then shouldn't be a problem.
    If Bruce Wayne left a cheque for a wedding dress....it would raise a lot of questions and tabloid rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    If Bruce Wayne left a cheque for a wedding dress....it would raise a lot of questions and tabloid rumors.
    That's what the tip is for hush money though as a Playboy marrying known cat buglar the questions ad rumours are already rife and expected the cash just helps keep them on the down low.

Finally got around to reading this issue today, loved how Selina’s present day pgs had no dialogue, perfect...

As far as the dress, either she left a check, (I mean, come on, the check book is definitely available for the wife to be) or she’ll just let Bruce know to send one, with a little extra on top to cover the damages to the floor, lol...
    #MagnetoWasRight

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Yet more filler but pretty enough.Though why they couldn't maintain costume continuity consistency in a single comic is beyond me. Dick back in his nu52 duds the same week as he's sporting his classic duds in Priest's book. How come the Deathstroke writer get's it correct while the batman writer gets it wrong?
    Is there a reason why Dick couldn't have worn both at different times?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I LOVE that Selina stole her wedding dress. Such a great touch.

Joelle Jones' art is simply gorgeous.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 04-10-2018 at 10:12 PM.

Batman #44 is going to a 2nd Printing.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04...ond-printings/
    Last edited by WontonGirl; 04-12-2018 at 12:00 AM.

Spectacular Member The Lonely Man's Avatar

Batman slept in his bed whilst Catwoman stole a wedding dress.

The end.

Awesome Tom, Awesome.
    Mtgglf

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Is there a reason why Dick couldn't have worn both at different times?
    I can't even