Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I really don't get why they keep using the New 52 Robin costume. I'd really love to know why because I can't imagine that someone like King actually likes it. It sticks out like a sore thumb when he is really trying to blend these classic elements from old era into his Batman run.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The original classic Robin costume needs to stay dead, but while I like the New 52 version, its stylized motif doesn't work if you're utilizing the classic visuals again for the past in which Dick Grayson operated as Robin. And this isn't even hard, you don't have to design something new. You just lift the TAS costume.

Attachment 64136

Boom, you're done. Its classic, its simple, and its not wildly inappropriate for a child.
    Pretty much this, or just add pants to Dick's original Robin costume and give him boots instead of pixie shoes. It's so simple. I don't get why they continue to push the New 52 one by Rocafort that is so forgettable. All it does is remind fans of the New 52 and how Dick didn't become Robin until he was 16.

I'm fine with not having the old classic one, as it was ridiculous, but just get rid of this New 52 one for something that actually feels classic and memorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Does it really matter much now? Dick's Robin costume is only going to appear in sporadic flashbacks. Don't see it being worth a multiple page discussion.
    I think it does as every time Dick appears as Robin in any story we are stuck with the **** New 52 Robin costume. This is a problem we've had since the New 52, into Rebirth and I'm sure will continue past Doomsday Clock. It just reminds people of the New 52 every time you see it and and era most Dick fans want to forget.

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    Janin's art looks positively HIDEOUS next to Jones'. Not a good look.

Also I don't understand why King feels the need to add his myriad, awkward ellipses into dialogue that was written by someone else over half a century ago.
    WTH are u talking about? Janin’s art is amazing here, as is Jones’.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    WTH are u talking about? Janin’s art is amazing here, as is Jones’.
    It's a complete eyesore.

His Selina is not as purty as his Ivy (Jones is easily the better artist for Cat) but otherwise it's strong work as usual for Janin.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    Selina does have a moral compass. If she didn't, then she wouldn't have helped Batman, Batfamily members and others in Gotham all these years. I mean, sometimes she steals from the "big rich people" who steal from others. And it's not like this chick has been a massive thief in the past few years anyway. She's helped out Batman and other superheroes and protected lots of people in the East End. Some people who Batman and Batfamily members have even overlooked themselves.

Stop making it seem like Selina is just some nasty crook who does nothing but steal and isn't worth anything. Bruce is not stupid, he wouldn't had been in love with her all these years if she was truly a bad person.

Great points

also

even in Batman issue#2 in 1940 , Selina offered Joker the jewels that she stole to stop him from killing Robin with a needle that contained a deadly solution.
    She even helped Batman and Robin out when she briefly retired from being Catwoman after she recovered from her amnesia which later was fake.

In the late part of the Pre-Crisis period, she reformed and even became a crimefighter in the latter part of Pre-Crisis before she got turned into a villain again by Joker through a mind machine.

Selina was never meant to be all bad. If she was, she wouldn't have been written to be a character that Batman had a mutual attraction with. She had to have some good qualities.

heck...even in a guest starring in Wonder Woman's comic book when Diana didn't have any powers, Selina wasn't all bad.
    The story-line ended with Diana and Selina parting in a mutual respect.
    Last edited by Starrius; 04-03-2018 at 11:09 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

BANNED

All of the flashbacks do the talking in this issue. It charts Bruce and Selina's various clashes and fall outs, and a big double spread where they talk about changing as people (and changing outfits), Selina even takes to drinking while picking out her wedding dress, the ending is too cute for words.

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    Selina does have a moral compass. If she didn't, then she wouldn't have helped Batman, Batfamily members and others in Gotham all these years. I mean, sometimes she steals from the "big rich people" who steal from others. And it's not like this chick has been a massive thief in the past few years anyway. She's helped out Batman and other superheroes and protected lots of people in the East End. Some people who Batman and Batfamily members have even overlooked themselves.

Stop making it seem like Selina is just some nasty crook who does nothing but steal and isn't worth anything. Bruce is not stupid, he wouldn't had been in love with her all these years if she was truly a bad person.
    She IS just some nasty crook and what she's worth is debatable. I know she doesn't just steal but the fact is that she steals without needing to. She purposefully hurts and deprives others of their thing's. She is NOT a good person period.

Occasionally doing the right thing doesn't make one a good person. Selina is a bad bad person and unlike suggested is actually corrupting Bruce not the other way around.
    She is skewing his morality not the other way around.
    So far we've seen Bruce have sex on stolen diamonds, harbour a fugitive and break laws because of his association to the woman.

Love isn't a logical but your logic. Talia who nuked Blud isn't really a bad person otherwise Bruce wouldn't have been in love with her all these years.
    Guessing you've never been in love because that is not at all how love works

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Great points

also

even in Batman issue#2 in 1940 , Selina offered Joker the jewels that she stole to stop him from killing Robin with a needle that contained a deadly solution.
    She even helped Batman and Robin out when she briefly retired from being Catwoman after she recovered from her amnesia which later was fake.

In the late part of the Pre-Crisis period, she reformed and even became a crimefighter in the latter part of Pre-Crisis before she got turned into a villain again by Joker through a mind machine.

Selina was never meant to be all bad. If she was, she wouldn't have been written to be a character that Batman had a mutual attraction with. She had to have some good qualities.

heck...even in a guest starring in Wonder Woman's comic book when Diana didn't have any powers, Selina wasn't all bad.
    The story-line ended with Diana and Selina parting in a mutual respect.
    The Joker helped Batman stop the Batman who laughs from destroying our world. Guess who's a good boy then and not all bad. Quick someone tell Jason Todd I'm sure now he'll want to be BFF's

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    ...the flashbacks in I am Gotham gave Bruce his Rebirth suit improbably early.
    Pretty sure that was a straight cockup on Finch's part - the colourist even demphasised it by colouring the edge of the batsymbol black and the belt yellow.

[Also, I wouldn't take Batman Lost too literally...]

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    She IS just some nasty crook and what she's worth is debatable. I know she doesn't just steal but the fact is that she steals without needing to. She purposefully hurts and deprives others of their thing's. She is NOT a good person period
    Many examples from decades of comic books say otherwise. Troll harder.

Always Rakzo

This worked well enough in terms of references to Batman and Catwoman's history which is classic King stuff, he comes from the same school of "everything happened" from Grant Morrison.

That being said, King's usual problems like the execution can be pretty irritating like the obnoxious dialogue that can ruin a sound premise, again, he tries to imitate Morrison's unnatural narration but lacks the same bombastic and effective feel which ultimately makes it sound just awkward. Great art from Janin and especially Jones though.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

A part of me likes the fact that we are getting so man scenes with batman and catwoman together, and I imagine in a few years we will look back fondly at these issues, but at the same time...this just doesn't feel like Batman to me.

I'm glad we are getting that mr. freeze story because it just seems like we haven't been reading a batman book in a while, hopefully with joker and booster gold coming up, the action will start to ramp up.
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 04-04-2018 at 06:50 AM.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Im tired of this wedding story. And this issue was boring nothing happened. Lets move on soon
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

Her wedding dress is worth 28 000 dollars and Bruce let her steal it than pay of it himself or did I skip something here? I fear her kleptomania issues are going to be a big problem in their marriage.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
    Her wedding dress is worth 28 000 dollars and Bruce let her steal it than pay of it himself or did I skip something here? I fear her kleptomania issues are going to be a big problem in their marriage.
    He doesn't know - he was sleeping the entire time!

Now, that doesn't mean he'll stay ignorant, of course...