Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Many examples from decades of comic books say otherwise. Troll harder.
    She is a Thief a bad person

Ofcourse Anyone who has a different opinion is a troll or maybe a troll is someone who calls a thief a thief.
    I've had thing's stolen from me and it hurts. A lot.

It's a shitty thing to do. It might not be murder but it's still a bad thing.

Anyone who takes from others out of greed IS a bad person. hence why stealing is a crime.

Rather be a troll that a thief.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post

Ofcourse Anyone who has a different opinion is a troll or maybe a troll is someone who calls a thief a thief.

Anyone who takes from others out of greed IS a bad person. hence why stealing is a crime.

Yeah you troll. Taking without consent is legit and Lee is a totally relevant comic

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    I don`t see what the big deal is. It wholly fits with Dick`s character where a major sell is the crotch and bum.

Think of it like a little road map.
    Not complaining.

Compared to what other "villains" get up to stealing really isn't that bad and she doesn't hurt anyone. I like the dress.
    Last edited by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost; 04-04-2018 at 08:24 AM.

Incredible Member

Can anyone place the flashback scene before Hush with Selina in the purple costume? Also, what was the point of showing Batman’s different costumes in these flashbacks if they weren’t going to be accurate to the original issues 😭😭😭 anyway. Great issue. One of King’s best.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Lee is a totally relevant comic
    You've let yourself go.

Astonishing Member

Moral conundrums ("But, she's a thief!") are part of the entire Batman/Catwoman relationship dynamic and have been since the beginning. The thief as a romantic and daring and bold figure, though morally wrong, of course, is a classic staple of Pulp Fiction. Batman as a big morality grand-stander, who loves a thief, is probably the coolest thing about him.

Beyond that even I've been giving a lot of thought lately just in general to workplace romances. I mean Bruce just over the years has had less and less of a "regular life" as Bruce Wayne. He spends more time as Batman, more nights, sleeps more days, shows up in more titles. He wouldn't have time for a normal girl. He makes time for Catwoman all the time - because he's got to stop her from stealing, or protect her from worse villains - and she often makes time for him the same way.

She's literally like the flirty girl at the office who he can't help but run errands for all the time.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Guessing you've never been .in love because that is not at all how love works
    You don't know what I've been in. Don't get personal, just keep this about the comics okay?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    A part of me likes the fact that we are getting so man scenes with batman and catwoman together, and I imagine in a few years we will look back fondly at these issues, but at the same time...this just doesn't feel like Batman to me.

I'm glad we are getting that mr. freeze story because it just seems like we haven't been reading a batman book in a while, hopefully with joker and booster gold coming up, the action will start to ramp up.
    I agree. Although I loved the past references in the book, we do need to ramp up the action again. And just bring in other characters. Like it was great to see Alfred there, lol. Injustice 2 right now is a great example of having Selina in the mix with Bruce/Batman and all the other characters and we get some good action. But there is enough Batman to go around. Batman is in a LOT of books so we can get action Batman too.

But I think that with the upcoming arcs, Booster and Freeze, it should be fine. And who knows what happens between 51-100.

She IS just some nasty crook and what she's worth is debatable. I know she doesn't just steal but the fact is that she steals without needing to. She purposefully hurts and deprives others of their thing's. She is NOT a good person period.

Occasionally doing the right thing doesn't make one a good person. Selina is a bad bad person and unlike suggested is actually corrupting Bruce not the other way around.
    She is skewing his morality not the other way around.
    So far we've seen Bruce have sex on stolen diamonds, harbour a fugitive and break laws because of his association to the woman.

Love isn't a logical but your logic. Talia who nuked Blud isn't really a bad person otherwise Bruce wouldn't have been in love with her all these years.
    Guessing you've never been in love because that is not at all how love works
    Is Selina a thief? Sure she is. She has stolen a lot of times, anyone who has been robbed (in different degrees and situations of course) can testify that it sucks. It usually comes with a paranioa of being robbed again, a feeling of impotence, etcetera. I'm talking mostly of thefts without intimidation. Still, Catwoman is more than a casual ally, she has even helped saving the US from the Crime Syndicate, so, though she moves in a gray area, I think balancing things would prove she's actually closer to the heroing than villancy, especially nowadays. Joker has helped in some situations, but the hurt he has done is much bigger than the one done by Selina. Talia, another criminal Batman fell in love with, was pretty different when they had a romance, years later she would become the mass murderer she's in comics like Batman Inc

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    Can anyone place the flashback scene before Hush with Selina in the purple costume? Also, what was the point of showing Batman’s different costumes in these flashbacks if they weren’t going to be accurate to the original issues ������ anyway. Great issue. One of King’s best.
    http://thebatmanuniverse.net/batman-176/
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    Is Selina a thief? Sure she is. She has stolen a lot of times, anyone who has been robbed (in different degrees and situations of course) can testify that it sucks. It usually comes with a paranioa of being robbed again, a feeling of impotence, etcetera. I'm talking mostly of thefts without intimidation. Still, Catwoman is more than a casual ally, she has even helped saving the US from the Crime Syndicate, so, though she moves in a gray area, I think balancing things would prove she's actually closer to the heroing than villancy, especially nowadays. Joker has helped in some situations, but the hurt he has done is much bigger than the one done by Selina. Talia, another criminal Batman fell in love with, was pretty different when they had a romance, years later she would become the mass murderer she's in comics like Batman Inc

Talia wasn't an angel back when they had their romance either now, lol! Maybe she wasn't what Morrison did to her but she wasn't innocent at all. Far from it.

I think at the end of the day, Catwoman was just the one that Batman felt was worth getting on his knee for. She, for him is worth it all. They have a longer history and they have gone from bad to worst to bad to good to all of it in between. Their entire association with each other has pretty much run the gamut.

So I think for him, she is just the one he felt best fit in with his life. Silver, Talia, Julie, shoot even Vicki, as much as he might have loved those women at one time; they still didn't have the "something" that made him say "let's do this".

Jesus this comic was decompressed as hell. Almost nothing happened.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    His Selina is not as purty as his Ivy (Jones is easily the better artist for Cat) but otherwise it's strong work as usual for Janin.
    That's a strange thing to say considering he literally just recycled the rendered model he used for Poison Ivy.

BANNED

Look, thieving is bad. Is very very very bad. I know for a fact because I`m one of the smartest people in the world, it`s true! I remember many many years ago how my uncle was robbed off in his mansion of all his most, uh, I mean, earned possessions. Don't believe #fakesnews otherwise, that's Hillary talk! This is real facts, okay? Did I already said how bad it is? We can`t let thieves in and that is why we`re building the Wall and Mexico will pay it up.

Making Gotham great again!
    Last edited by Aioros22; 04-04-2018 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    That's a strange thing to say considering he literally just recycled the rendered model he used for Poison Ivy.
    What do you expect? They are an Ivy fan so of course they would say that. They could had just left out the comparison.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I loved everything about this issue. But the parts were the flashbacks. So cool seeing them in their different costumes and how they interacted with each other over the years.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor