Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    And Claremont did that as far as I can tell.
    You however do not have to give significant roles to characters you have removed from the book because you don't think they're very interesting.
    Claremont probably did and that's why his run was the most well acclaimed one and it casts a long shadow over any subsequent writer though if you want a writer who's run could have been as great Claremont's I believe that honour could go to Grant Morrison even though he came up with some ideas that made no sense. No I suppose there's no point in giving prominence to weak characters and it just better to ahve cut them out so that they don't drag the stories down but as long as you treat the main ensemble well I think it should be fine.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    And Claremont did that as far as I can tell.
    You however do not have to give significant roles to characters you have removed from the book because you don't think they're very interesting.
    and by not sacrificing these characters on the altar of shocking death or character derailment, Claremont allowed Beast to become a prominent member of the Avengers, and Iceman & Angel to go off and join the Champions & New Defenders.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I've felt that a great deal of the reason why the X-Women are so iconic is because of the writers they had penning them. Also for large chunks of their history they have been lead by women or have had a matriarchal vibe (even when Cyclops or X were leading I always felt that people still looked to Storm, Jean, Emma, Betsy or approval on things). You don't see that a lot with the other books or lines. Sure they have had women members, but they felt to me like they were the "pretty" Avenger and always a) overshadowed by the men; b) made to be the "silly woman" who personifies all the traits men liked to push on women (chatty, distracting, weak minded, all about fashion, etc); c) if powerful they have TERRIBLE things happen to them where they are put in their place (the rape of Carol Danvers comes to mind) because male writers are sometimes horrid.
    Very well said. Brilliant actually. I've often thought of my biggest role models have either been the X women or the Bond Girls (mostly Connery & Brosnan era). Very powerful, intelligent women who glorify in being feminine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    ... And if you think about it, most mutant life begins with a mother/woman/"female" giving birth to them. Unlike many other heroes how get their powers via exposure/bites/technology, the X-Men (for the most part) receive their powers through heritage/genetics. And in one of the futures the Clan Askani, a matriarchal mutant group fighting for all, was the group to fight against Apocalypse and hold the ideals of Xavier. ...
    Thought this was a VERY interesting observation also, from Askani's Flame. Which got me to thinkin', with many a Mutant female being SO powerful, and that pretty much bein' a running theme within the mythos... is it possible the X-gene has an affinity, or even a preference, for XX physiology? Does it naturally eXcel more in women, than men? It would make sense, given the ideas above for reasoning, and I'd say there's evidence to support it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Thought this was a VERY interesting observation also, from Askani's Flame. Which got me to thinkin', with many a Mutant female being SO powerful, and that pretty much bein' a running theme within the mythos... is it possible the X-gene has an affinity, or even a preference, for XX physiology? Does it naturally eXcel more in women, than men? It would make sense, given the ideas above for reasoning, and I'd say there's evidence to support it.
    Don't forget half the genes comes from the man, and regarding being born from a woman... Well just a reminder that the power could easily come from the father side of the family tree, like cyclops and brothers. Oh and don't forget that most x women with huge powers have wrestled with mental issues of power going crazy, and that alpha and omega mutants are actually a very small minority... If anything I see omega level mutants as an anomaly and all of mutants children and grand children should be weaker but with more stable powers that dotted screw with your head

They were so iconic from the Claremont era and even the 90s cartoon and in X-Men Evolution. They were easy to identify with distinct personalities.

It's such a shame the movies shat all over them and disrespected their legacy! Progress is not linear, unfortunately.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    ... Well just a reminder that the power could easily come from the father side of the family tree, like cyclops and brothers. ...
    Ummm, yeah, about that...

... whose powers do these 3's take after again?

... Oh and don't forget that most x women with huge powers have wrestled with mental issues of power going crazy, and that alpha and omega mutants are actually a very small minority...
    True enough, but also... from mostly male writers. AND, ya know...

... have hardly been the picture of mental stability, themselves. Not to mention the likes of THIS wildman:

... Proteus, Mikhail Rasputin, etc., just sayin'.

BANNED

Ummm, yeah, about that...

... whose powers do these 3's take after again?
    Jean powers, Cyclops gives the unlimited power aspect since jean never had that naturally but from the phoenix, and at least two of those have power instability

True enough, but also... from mostly male writers. AND, ya know...

... have hardly been the picture of mental stability, themselves. Not to mention the likes of THIS wildman:

... Proteus, Mikhail Rasputin, etc., just sayin'.
    ALso from mostly male writers, just saying that both sides got equal treatment ... finally... I still think Omega level powers as whole are anomalies that come with components to keep them on check like insanity or inability to control them properly and in the future there'll be no omega mutants but mostly alphas with less powers but far more stability

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    ... It's such a shame the movies shat all over them and disrespected their legacy!...
    Eh...

... they're still here...

... and doin' alright for themselves.

Also:

... just kidding!
    ;p
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 04-05-2018 at 06:33 PM.

BANNED

Jean powers, Cyclops gives the unlimited power aspect since jean never had that naturally but from the phoenix...
    We'll have to agree to disagree on this, Jean, the PhoeniX = naturally, to me. And with your less & less Omegas idea, how do the 3 Grey-Summers offspring measure up?

BANNED

We'll have to agree to disagree on this, Jean, the PhoeniX = naturally, to me. And with your less & less Omegas idea, how do the 3 Grey-Summers offspring measure up?
    Cable is more guns akimbo than omega level powers this days, and his whole schtick was big guns and meh powers not jesus cable. Nate grey got depowered and is in limbo already plus he always had the power instability stuff, rachel is kitty cheerleader and not the phoenix in a while , oh and Vulcan is dead... and jean ditched the phoenix in phoenix resurrection BTW... I don't think omegas are bad per se but they always raise the question of why they don't just pop their fingers and deal with the current threats , thor has it easier since his enemies are normally as strong as him and when he's with the avengers they're usually fighting and end of the world threat or the enemies have someone that can match him like the enchantress but in gold you always have the question of why doesn't storm just solos all the enemies and why the hell is kitty leading when Storm has more experience?

BANNED

Cable is more guns akimbo than omega level powers this days, and his whole schtick was big guns and meh powers not jesus cable. Nate grey got depowered and is in limbo already plus he always had the power instability stuff, rachel is kitty cheerleader and not the phoenix in a while , oh and Vulcan is dead... and jean ditched the phoenix in phoenix resurrection BTW... I don't think omegas are bad per se but they always raise the question of why they don't just pop their fingers and deal with the current threats , thor has it easier since his enemies are normally as strong as him and when he's with the avengers they're usually fighting and end of the world threat or the enemies have someone that can match him like the enchantress but in gold you always have the question of why doesn't storm just solos all the enemies and why the hell is kitty leading when Storm has more experience?
    Cable... TO virus? Vulcan was a Summers brother, not a Scott scion. And my question wasn't about their current status quo, but that their power levels aren't diluted, and don't = your Omegas beget Alphas theory.

Sure looked like Jean rejected her PhoeniX self, but I suspect all may not be what it seemed, there. Me thinX that fiery raptor might've just gotten a lil' more... savvy, with its business practices, this time around.

Kitty is Storm's Kryptonite, whenever she's around, Ororo grows weaker.

BANNED

The Phoenix is a mutation. Like literally, it’s an identifiable genetic mutation and was shown as permeating every cell and strand of dna in some hosts (Jean, Rachel). It’s as “natural” as it gets and may be the ultimate purpose the Celestials had when they created mutants.

Jean’s kids definitely get all their juice from mom’s side. Although like her dad Rachel is a uniquely excellent tracker.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    The Phoenix is a mutation. Like literally, it’s an identifiable genetic mutation and was shown as permeating every cell and strand of dna in some hosts (Jean, Rachel). It’s as “natural” as it gets and may be the ultimate purpose the Celestials had when they created mutants.

Jean’s kids definitely get all their juice from mom’s side. Although like her dad Rachel is a uniquely excellent tracker.
    Quentin quire, hope, cyclops... Shall I go on?

Anyways, today so far there have been 4 x books with women as leads, blue, red, exiles, and domino, and kitty is leading gold

BANNED

... Anyways, today so far there have been 4 x books with women as leads, blue, red, exiles, and domino, and kitty is leading gold