Default Secret Avengers #4+5. Spoilers

I don't know if others have been following this arc, but the SA went to a place called Sokotra, an Island in the Middle East. Now this sounds similar to a fictional play game Island called Socotra also, and I was wondering if anybody who plays in that world knows the rules about what goes on there? Because it seems KOT hasn't just referred to this place as a coincidence, and, things are going on here in the story which are a little disturbing, and it is shown by Walsh the artist, as a staccato of odd interspersed panels and gradually depressing dialogue, spiralling into helplessness. So if anyone has any clues on what Socotra is, and how the place works, it may give a clue as to why Hill and Coulson are in such a sad state of mental health.

Not much goes on in these issues except that two teams go the Sokotra and China and get a mad poet, and the Fury killing machine and a sentient suicide Bomb. After they are all carried on board the Iliad Helicarrier, things start to get out of control. Spiderwoman is informed by the bomb she is an Empath, Coulson suddenly takes 2 weeks leave, Nick Jnr opens Phils locker and is attacked by a green slime, and Maria Hill is loosing it by her own account. Myself, I think it's the Poet, because he has influence over people with words, so anything he says has to be suspicious. The Poet already killed an agent on board with bad poetry.
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-18-2014 at 07:00 PM.

I have no idea where this comic is heading but I am loving the ride. I had my doubts about the inclusion of M.O.D.O.K. but now I think he is one of the best characters. I do not understand why there is not more people talking about it, specially with the great reviews it is receiving.

I think SHIELD is heading for a revision of some sort. All the controversial actions they have been taking are going to be exposed, (the illegal attack on AIM Island, mind wipes, assassinations, use of super hero Avengers - another nail in the Avengers coffin), and the organisation will have to get new leadership. I don't know as the UN will trust Nick Fury Jnr as he was involved from the outset, with Coulsen and Maria Hill and Daisy Johnson. That whole crew will have to be scrapped in my opinion, and when it gets back together, (let's say someone like Doom takes over, as this will be AXIS), then it has to be self funded and have trust from the outset, or whatever AXIS turns out to be.

I think from what we have seen with the stop gap Avengers pic, (Winter Soldier and crew), that the Avengers will be on the run again. Maybe the whole super hero community. So the whole security network set up by Captain America, I feel, will disintegrate for this Avengers to happen. The Illuminati will be exposed and hunted down, also.
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-23-2014 at 12:59 AM.