Super Mario Brothers 2.
    Legend of Zelda 2.
    Resident Evil 5 or 6.
    Castlevania 2.

BANNED

Arkham series: Arkham Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Arkham series: Arkham Knight
    Mind explaining that one? Not sure of your reasoning here, especially since Arkham Origins, as (so far) the only main game not developed by Rcoksteady feels like a more obvious pick.

Also, it's just dawned on me how hard it is to pick the black sheep of Resident Evil. The series has taken more than a few strange diversions, but nearly all of them get follow-ups so they don't seem so strange down the line. RE4 was a shock to the system, but its changes stayed consistent through all the games that followed until RE7 (which was itself more a return to old form so I don't consider it anomalous). Survivor was weird, but there were another 2 lightgun-based titles after it so, again, not so unusual in retrospect. Hell, the idea of an RE game being a multiplayer shoot-em-up was ridiculous once upon a time, but between Operation Raccoon City and Umbrella Corps it's almost normal now. So I guess that just leaves Resident Evil Gaiden. Nothing else will ever look, sound or play like it, and its weird storyline will never be acknowledged.

Further suggestions: Lost Planet 3 (still operates in the same universe as the rest of the series, but changes everything else except names and enemy designs), Command & Conquer 4 (swaps out the usual straightforward resource-grind and tank-spam for attempted innovations that just felt like copycatting Starcraft or Dawn of War, I hate this thing so much), GoldenEye: Rogue Agent (the James Bond game where you don't play as James Bond, instead you're the bad guy!...that makes it sound awesome, but trust me, it's not).
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Mind explaining that one? Not sure of your reasoning here, especially since Arkham Origins, as (so far) the only main game not developed by Rcoksteady feels like a more obvious pick.
    The batmobile/tumbler. The game forces it on you and parts of the game are designed around it. It doesn't help gliding and quick grappling is still the fastest way to get around the city and tank missions are hugely terrible. The biggest crime Origins has is being highly derivative and being a broken game. Origins has the best boss battles in the entire series and to some the best story.

Of the Dark Souls games I'll say Dark Souls 2 is the black sheep. A lot of fans would likely point to Hidetaka Miyazaki not directing it to be cause of it not being as good as the other games. There were a lot of terrible design decisions with DS2 like enemies having limited spawns, soul memory system made it difficult to cap PvP, Ring of Soul Protection undermines the risk of dying and can be repaired for a low cost, interconnection been the major areas were often illogical, deliberately unfair traps. It's the only game in the series I didn't bother with NG+.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    The Batmobile/Bruce's little tank.

The Riddler races are ludicrous.
    You are forced to use it for absolutely everything. Remeber sneaking through vents and ducts and elevator shafts and sewers and such? Now you need your car to sneak around. To remote-control it to power an elevator or shoot out an obstruction or whatever.

The games have never been big on suspension of disbelief, but ramming into a group of thugs and sending them flying, and they are completely unharmed, merely knocked out, that shatters it.

And all the boss battles are tank battles.
    The fight between Batman and Deathstroke in Origins was amazing. Fighting Deathstroke in his tank. Screw that.
    I was so joyful when the damn thing finally got blown up. And then they airdropped a sparkly brandnew one.

And it's not that (most of) the tank stuff is all that bad, but it's not why I bought an Arkham game, and the tank stuff does replace wellover 50% of the stuff I dolike about Arkham games.

And while Arkham: Origins gets a lot of crap for not being as polished as the others, it still is the only one that actually has an interesting story that isn't just some random but great stuff cobbled together.

I do have to give Arkham Knight props for what it did with the Joker. That stuff was just brilliant in every way possible. And, bonus, didn't rely on the goddamn tank.

Fantastic Member

Batman: Arkham Knight is the only Arkham Series game I did not finish. I simply got tired of the overuse of the batmobile and the tank battles.

My candidate: Halo 5

I bought my first xbox (xbox one s) at the end of 2016 because I wanted to experience xbox exclusives I have missed by not having the original xbox and the xbox 360. The first game I played was Halo 5 and it was a big disappointment. I then bought the MCC collection and Reach and it was way more fun than Halo 5. Since then I have played Halo 1-3, ODST and Reach several times and Halo 4 (wich is not as good as the Bungie games but still decent) two times but got bored very fast when I tried to play Halo 5 again.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
    Street Fighter III
    Street Fighter x Tekken
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Fantastic Member

Devil May Cry 2
    Resident Evil 6
    Hitman Absolution
    Tomb Raider Angel Of Darkness
    Mega Man X7
    Dead Rising 4
    Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts
    Super Smash Bros Brawl
    Batman Arkham Knight

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Batman: Arkham Knight is the only Arkham Series game I did not finish. I simply got tired of the overuse of the batmobile and the tank battles.
    I gave up when I saw the final Riddler race.

The original Final Fantasy 14. The thing was so bad they had to remake and relaunch it as Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn.

Metal Gear Survive.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Metroid: Other M and Metroid Prime Federation Force, spring to mind.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Metroid: Other M and Metroid Prime Federation Force, spring to mind.
    Let's hope so, at least. Though I do have high hopes for Metroid Prime 4. I also must say that I was surprised that it took this long to mention either of those two games.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
    Mega Man X7
    I think X6 is a worst game than X7.

Dragon Age 2