Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Castlevania:
    Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (before Symphony of the Night introduced "Metroidvania" formula there was this thing).
    Castlevania Legends (Only game to introduce a female Belmont but the timeline, story and ending was disowned by fans and the developers since this was made by different team).
    Castlevania 64.
    Castlevania Judgement (their Soul Calibur attempt).
    Haunted Castle (Arcade).
    the entire Lord of Shadows series.
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Astonishing Member

Street Fighter:The Movie.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Street Fighter:The Movie.
    That game was garbage

Well, apparently Phantasy Star 3 is the black sheep of the family.

Which is an opinion i don't really agree with. I would even go as far as to say that i prefer the 3 over the 2.

I know, i know, by now every single PS fan around must be thinking about starting a good old stoning on my humble person but man, the grind, oooh thee cruel grind, it's too real in the second game.

That damn fighting screen, who's ugly as **** by the way, is the only bloody thing you see. Plus the ending of the 3 just made me say "fck me, didn't expect that".

In a good way.
    Last edited by Starter Set; 12-09-2020 at 03:47 PM.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Well, apparently Phantasy Star 3 is the black sheep of the family.

Which is an opinion i don't really agree with. I would even go as far as to say that i prefer the 3 over the 2.

I know, i know, by now every single PS fan around must be thinking about starting a good old stoning on my humble person but man, the grind, oooh thee cruel grind, it's too real in the second game.

That damn fighting screen, who's ugly as **** by the way, is the only bloody thing you see. Plus the ending of the 3 just made me say "fck me, didn't expect that".

In a good way.
    Honestly, I would love to see a remake of 2 and 3 to put them on par with 4's design quality and polish. Generations of Doom, especially, was way ahead of its time with the namesake generations system.

Would be great yeah. Or just the Sega Ages treatment, i would be already damn happy with just a faster walking speed and a somewhat faster XP and Meseta gaining rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The batmobile/tumbler. The game forces it on you and parts of the game are designed around it. It doesn't help gliding and quick grappling is still the fastest way to get around the city and tank missions are hugely terrible. The biggest crime Origins has is being highly derivative and being a broken game. Origins has the best boss battles in the entire series and to some the best story.

Of the Dark Souls games I'll say Dark Souls 2 is the black sheep. A lot of fans would likely point to Hidetaka Miyazaki not directing it to be cause of it not being as good as the other games. There were a lot of terrible design decisions with DS2 like enemies having limited spawns, soul memory system made it difficult to cap PvP, Ring of Soul Protection undermines the risk of dying and can be repaired for a low cost, interconnection been the major areas were often illogical, deliberately unfair traps. It's the only game in the series I didn't bother with NG+.
    The DLC areas are incredible though. Shame you have to play through the main story to get to it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Oh, I forgot about Batman Origins: Blackgate. Maybe Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny. Definitely Street Fighter EX and Danganronpa Another: Ultra Despair Girls.

And Shining Resonsnce looks like it's a Tales Of game rather than a Shining Force game.
    What makes Another Episode a black sheep? Dangaronpa: Togami would be a better example.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    What makes Another Episode a black sheep? Dangaronpa: Togami would be a better example.
    Black Sheep in the sense that it is notably different than the others due to being a Resident Evil 4 style over-the-shoulder puzzle shooter where you follow 2 people's adventure over a day or two rather than a half-point-and-click-Adventure-Game and half-Phoenix-Wright style courtroom drama where you follow an entire classroom's worth of people over a period of weeks.

Besides, isn't Danganronpa: Togami only a light novel and hasn't been adapted into a video game as of yet?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Black Sheep in the sense that it is notably different than the others due to being a Resident Evil 4 style over-the-shoulder puzzle shooter where you follow 2 people's adventure over a day or two rather than a half-point-and-click-Adventure-Game and half-Phoenix-Wright style courtroom drama where you follow an entire classroom's worth of people over a period of weeks.

Besides, isn't Danganronpa: Togami only a light novel and hasn't been adapted into a video game as of yet?
    I feel like Black Sheep has too negative a connotation to use on a game that's considered to be good.

Otherwise, you have a point. I chose Togami because no one likes that series.

Speaking of black sheep, i played some Mass Effect Andromeda on PS4 lately.

Would you believe me if i told you that even now, after all those years and patches, the facial animations are still **** lol?

I was impressed. But it was fun, the game isn't bad at all. Of course nowhere close to the beautiful and legendary Mass Effect 2 but it's not a bad game.

Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post
    Assassins Creed 3 and Unity.

Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 and Command and Conquer 3 & 4. I guess C&C: Renegade as well. C&C: Generals was a bit of a departure from the rest of the series, but I liked it all the same.

Despite being the first/oldest next-gen exclusive for AC, Unity's lighting still outdoes the later AC's. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYS6QTI4UpU
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Army of two 3.

Still a fun game but the story didn't live up to the previous two games. What they did with Salem and Rios is unforgivable.

Mighty Member

Soulcalibur V
    It is either this or 3 (as that game is much a slower and more tactical experience compared to the arcade style of the rest of the series). But V took away individual character stories, pushed the story into the future and felt like an overall different game. Certainly the worst of the series, VI did a lot in bringing the series back.

Drakengard 2
    Not played this one, but it wasn't made by Yoko Taro and is a direct sequel to the original game. Even the Devs don't consider it canon and have said that it takes place after events that are identical to the events of the first game (I see this as a thing of 'I didn't make it, so it doesn't exist).
    Heck, the fact that it is a direct sequel to the first game already makes it a black sheep.

Fallout 4
    Even taking away the embarrassment that is 76 and the spin offs which range from awful to actually kind of decent, and the fact that Fallout 3 should be the black sheep even on itself, this one takes away a lot of the dark atmosphere and replaces it with a much lighter and more optimistic game. The voice protagonist also throws it out from the rest of the series. Plus the leveling up system has been overhauled in the worst way. It really feels like a Fallout game in name only.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Speaking of black sheep, i played some Mass Effect Andromeda on PS4 lately.

Would you believe me if i told you that even now, after all those years and patches, the facial animations are still **** lol?

I was impressed. But it was fun, the game isn't bad at all. Of course nowhere close to the beautiful and legendary Mass Effect 2 but it's not a bad game.
    I would honestly like to play another game set in the Andromeda galaxy. Set it a century or two after the first game so things are more established and give the creative team the time and people they need to do the game right, and it could be a pretty good game. The last one suffered from being rushed and understaffed.