Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    Why does every body think that the O5 leaving will automatically open spots for unused characters? Colossus, Logan, Gambit and Nightcrawler are already appearing in multiple team books. Whose to say any incoming writers wont just do the same and pick characters for a team book that are already being used.

I do think it's time for them to go back though, and I like them.
    Remember when the same set of characters appeared across titles and events, for years? What makes some believe in the 05'ers absence Marvel's plans of currently featuring "multiple versions of characters" won't become "the same characters" again? Or devote time, effort, and resources to characters unfortunately they don't utilize in any meaningful way now?

Agree on them returning especially with them being the actual 05'ers I think their story is coming to a close or hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Once the O5 are gone people will find another target. I’m betting it’s the ones with claws.
    True!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The irony of your post considering Rachel “stole” Jean’s powerset and of of her unique thing....her Phoenix abilities
    I'm still wondering the mental gymnastic to form the thought, type it and not see the irony.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 05-15-2018 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    They actually come out the second to last Tuesday of the month.
    And always the day after DC's. Since the 14th was only the second Monday of the month, that makes it obvious that the solicits weren't due this week.

Is it just me, or does Extermination have the potential to be Marvel's Flashpoint? That's the event that created the DC New 52.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I asked White about the O5 future. This was his answer
    https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status/996567176168472576

but i don't understand it. there are some things i still don't get in english, it was an insult to the team or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And always the day after DC's. Since the 14th was only the second Monday of the month, that makes it obvious that the solicits weren't due this week.

Is it just me, or does Extermination have the potential to be Marvel's Flashpoint? That's the event that created the DC New 52.
    It is just you, this is a x-men event. Possibly another time travelzzzzzzzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post

but i don't understand it. there are some things i still don't get in english, it was an insult to the team or something?
    New Teen Titans is a DC team, that was made from Justice League Sidekicks and legacy.

seems like O5 are mean to stay
    Last edited by spirit2011; 05-15-2018 at 07:02 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    Why does everybody think that the O5 leaving will automatically open spots for unused characters? Colossus, Logan, Gambit, and Nightcrawler are already appearing in multiple team books. Whose to say any incoming writers wont just do the same and pick characters for a team book that are already being used.

I do think it's time for them to go back though, and I like them.
    Given that the past few years, the X-line has included titles specifically for the O5, and a couple events too, I think it's a safe assumption that taking them off the board would then make room for other characters to have a little more panel time and character development. I think in terms of X-Men Blue at least that the new team is the more interesting one, and one Bunn is more invested in.

BANNED

The new teen titans were the only Dc franchise that stood up against Claremont X men of the 80's in popularity

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She didnt but I found her to be better utilized as a minor supporting character popping up here and there than what Claremont did with her as he tried to make her happen. The changes done were just to extreme (no pun intended). I might have been more receptive towards her without the living computer aspect and change to her powers
    X-treme era save was good, she got messier after that.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    The new teen titans were the only Dc franchise that stood up against Claremont X men of the 80's in popularity
    It was a great comic. Nobody expected the surge in popularity.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I wonder if this stories will tie-in. they are using the same costumes but is not listed as a tie-in.
    i'm worried for what happens with bobby, he isn't in any of the covers or postcredits.
    aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yMjcvNTU3L29yaWdpbmFsL1hNQkxVRTIwMTcwMzMuanBn.jpg
    aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yMjcvNTU4L29yaWdpbmFsL1hNQkxVRTIwMTcwMzQuanBn.jpg

Scott looks so ugly with that hair, ugh.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 05-22-2018 at 11:44 AM.

I wonder if this stories will tie-in. they are using the same costumes but is not listed as a tie-in.
    i'm worried for what happens with bobby, he isn't in any of the covers or postcredits.
    aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yMjcvNTU3L29yaWdpbmFsL1hNQkxVRTIwMTcwMzMuanBn.jpg
    aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yMjcvNTU4L29yaWdpbmFsL1hNQkxVRTIwMTcwMzQuanBn.jpg
    Seems like he's dead. Kind of a no-brainer. No-show in an apocalyptic future tends to mean dead. Wonder why him though.

And those are definitely tie-ins, I assume they aren't listed as such bc it's following Magneto's own story or something? Like, if this is a continuation of Blue, more than just a tie-in, it wouldn't be a sensible jumping on point. That's the best I can come up with. It is odd.

This really disappointed me in the solicits, as I was hoping for Blue to end with quite a powerful O5 versus Magneto finale, but that just seems to be two issues before the series ends up having to capitulate to a cross-over event. Expect this is what frustrated Bunn's plans those weeks ago, he hasn't had a cross-over-free X-Men run at all!

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    Seems like he's dead. Kind of a no-brainer. No-show in an apocalyptic future tends to mean dead. Wonder why him though.

And those are definitely tie-ins, I assume they aren't listed as such bc it's following Magneto's own story or something? Like, if this is a continuation of Blue, more than just a tie-in, it wouldn't be a sensible jumping on point. That's the best I can come up with. It is odd.

This really disappointed me in the solicits, as I was hoping for Blue to end with quite a powerful O5 versus Magneto finale, but that just seems to be two issues before the series ends up having to capitulate to a cross-over event. Expect this is what frustrated Bunn's plans those weeks ago, he hasn't had a cross-over-free X-Men run at all!
    Ironically, Ive always thought he was the most expendable and the one likely to die were the team to stay in present day

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

I honestly am not getting much of a “status quo changer” from this event. It seems to be similar to battle of the atom, and it was hyped way more than extermination. And while I enjoyed bota, it seems many people didn’t. And it certainly wasn’t a game changer. So unless they are hiding major secrets, I’m not expecting anything other than fluff entertainment.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I think it's true that the neo O5 were indeed displacing other unused and more interesting characters though. And yes, having tons of Wolverines around is also boring. Nothing weird about saying this stuff.

People want variety and to cycle through more of the vast possible rosters... there is no reason at all not to think the O5 were preventing that to an extent.

It's not about "who is the target" it's just about people wanting variety and something different not same old stuff again and again
    You’re not wrong. But there is nothing stppping marvel from releasing more X-men books with non 05 in them.

Right or wrong, if the 05 are getting preferential treatment it’s because marvel thinks more readers want to read about them then about other unused charters.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?