Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fantastic Member

Default The end of Original Five?! Extermination - August 2018

Well what do you think? “Exterminate the past. Eliminate the future.”

It doesn't feel right not having Bunn write it. Probably will cement the O5 here.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    It doesn't feel right not having Bunn write it. Probably will cement the O5 here.
    Yeah, i don't feel they are going anytime soon. they are going to solve their time travel status with some paradox and stay permanently.

Get them gone.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I actually think this may well get rid of them for a while, or at least some/most of them. Still, I'm excited for this. The lack of Bunn is a little strange but it's fine, and Pepe Larraz on this? Yes please!

I mainly think the O5 will go home because they are much more redundant now than they ever were.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I think the time is right for them to go back. Just look back at why they came to the future in the first place. They came because they thought Cyclops was going to lead some sort of mutant revolution. That turned out to be not true. Over time, their reasons for staying are less and less relevant. Jean Grey is alive again. Mutants aren't going extinct anymore. There aren't any mutant revolutions threatening the future. Their presence is somewhat redundant, especially with so many of their counterparts already in place and active in other roles. Them going back at this point makes sense. The main issue is how much their activities will affect the timeline.

There's also the issue of Cyclops. At the moment, O5 Cyclops is the only Cyclops running around right now. If the O5 go back and don't somehow revive adult Cyclops, then that's an issue because it leaves a glaring hole in the primary X-men lineup. With Xavier, Jean, and Wolverine all back from the dead, they're still missing a core character. Say what you will about Cyclops or his treatment in the comics over the past few years, but he is an important component of the X-men comics. He has been since the beginning. Having the X-men without them is like having the Fantastic Four without the Richards family. It can only go for so long, as Two-In-One has shown.

I hope that if the O5 do go back in this event, they do something to at least set up Cyclops' return. He has already been dead longer than Black Widow was before she came back. With time travel involved, it wouldn't be that hard to bring him back in the first place or at least set it up. I think the X-men can only go so far for so long without Cyclops as part of the story.

It should make for plenty of discussions on this board in the meantime. I'm looking forward to more details.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Get them gone.
    With you on that.

yes. get rid of them

Now that I'm thinking about it. This may not only be the O5's swan song (thanks @phoenixzero), but probably Paniccia's swan song.

Also, this directly feeds into the theory that the X-Books aren't relaunching after #30, but in September.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yeah, i don't feel they are going anytime soon. they are going to solve their time travel status with some paradox and stay permanently.
    I've been burned before, and I know putting my hand on the stove is gonna burn me again but everything is so PERFECTLY set up for them to leave. I know they are gonna screw this up. I just know.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    For some reason, marvel prefers doing this big stories with writers not even involved in the story like how Matthew Rosernberg writing the jean grey return instead of dennis hopeless.

I disagree that they will stay, Bunn has made clear in interviews and in his run that the 05 will go back to their time and with Marvel making the 05 less and less important in the universe(like cyclops leaving champions), there is no reason to keep them here. Their biggest pull was having jean grey and now that the real version is back, there is no more need for them.
    I wouldn't put it past Editorial to keep things that are redundant. But you make a great point with Marvel not connecting writers to stories that are basically the fruits of their labor.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Are... are you serious? The 'pesky gay Iceman' thing is the best thing to happen to Iceman in the past decade, or more. Bar none. Also this comment was wildly inappropriate and massively homophobic.
    Let's just report and move on. We can't make valid points with a brick wall.

The O5 are no longer in X-Men Blue, that new lineup next issue is permanent. And it's continuing to issue 34 at least.

X-Men Blue Vol. 5 Paperback – November 6, 2018

THE SEARCH FOR JIMMY HUDSON! In the aftermath of VENOMIZED, JIMMY HUDSON has been changed forever! As two sets of memories tear at his mind, JIMMY goes into hiding… but is he a danger to himself and others? The X-MEN try to save their friend, but DAKEN has more lethal plans for Jimmy! And Jimmy finally gets a codename…but is he a hero or a villain? COLLECTING: X-MEN BLUE 29-34

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/03...-x-men-1-next/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The O5 are no longer in X-Men Blue, that new lineup next issue is permanent. And it's continuing to issue 34 at least.

THE SEARCH FOR JIMMY HUDSON! In the aftermath of VENOMIZED, JIMMY HUDSON has been changed forever! As two sets of memories tear at his mind, JIMMY goes into hiding… but is he a danger to himself and others? The X-MEN try to save their friend, but DAKEN has more lethal plans for Jimmy! And Jimmy finally gets a codename…but is he a hero or a villain? COLLECTING: X-MEN BLUE 29-34

They are on the cover for #29, and the interior artist for that issue has posted a drawing of Tyke to Twitter.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    You're absolutely right.
    Agreed! Marvel has overdone it a lot! I miss the times when things were more magical by having only the 616 versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Resolution! Sweet, sweet resolution! Oh, how I've longed for thee.

At any rate, excited that it looks like the O5 are finally going to be gone. I imagine it'll simply be a clean slate send-back, as I don't see them going the DC-style path of merging the present and past X-Men (Superman, anyone?).

I'm not surprised that Bunn isn't writing this, considering that Marvel tends to swap writers for these big minis. He was better with them than Hopeless but worse than Bendis, so I'm not totally heartbroken that he isn't here. It seems like Blue's only really gotten interesting now that the O5 are missing, anyway.

I've only read the Sabretooth Iron Fist story from Brisson, but he gets good word of mouth, so I'm interested to see how he does in the X-Verse proper.

Looking forward to hearing more from C2E2!
    They can easily merge them in a way. For example. Jean can have the memories in each one of them stored in some place of thier mind and unlock them in the future. Also, this can potentially mean adult Cyclops return too.

Then its comfirmed?

BANNED

I admit I haven't exactly followed their whole story, but I still don't quite get why people here loathe the O5 so much. Well, except for bigots hating O5Bobby, that part is obvious. Hopefully this book doesn't screw them.

Scott's going to lose his memories of the Starjammers and the Champions. He knows this, and that's the real reason he left the team. He didn't want to tell Kamala that. There's going to be tears at Champions HQ when they find out the truth.
    For as much crap as people give Champions (some of it deserved) I am gonna miss Scott's presence and his dynamic with the others. That scene will ideally hit like a truck.

The 05 have always felt like their story should conclude at some point rather than be serialized forever. I could do with a satisfying ending and they return to their own time.