Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    After Blue's post credits scene i belive now they could really going back home.
    Why is the sky always orange/red in these dystopian future hellscapes? Everything everywhere can't be on fire all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Had they gone back then, then wouldn't Venomized have ended with the Poisons winning, due to teen Jean's absence? It would've just created a different bad future.
    The Poisons only found Earth due to the O5.

I hope after X-Termination they organize the X-Men titles with brand new talented writers that really get and love this characters. I hope they O5 go back to the past and we'll have four proper new team books:

Professor X is back as the overall leader. They have a huge Mansion for teaching and training new mutants in Central Park.

X-Men BLUE:
    teachers and defenders of the students.
    -Kitty Pryde (leader)
    -Nightcrawler
    -Beast
    -Rachel Grey
    -Iceman
    -Wolverine
    -Jubilee

X-Men GOLD:
    the Alpha team, à la Extintion team. The leaders of the mutant community.
    -Storm
    -Namor
    -Emma Frost
    -Magneto
    -Cyclops
    -Rogue

X-Men RED:
    outer space. galactic threats response team.
    -Jean Grey (leader)
    -Psylocke
    -Colossus
    -Northstar
    -Havok
    -Danger
    -Archangel

X-Men BLACK:
    covert missions, espionage team.
    -Cable (leader)
    -Domino
    -Sage
    -Bishop
    -Lady Mastermind
    -Hepzibah
    -Dr. Nemesis

They need to drop the stupid color designation. Thats associated with Resurrxion and Extermination should be about exterminating this refresh and ushering in a new era

The next event should be called eXistential crisis

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They need to drop the stupid color designation. Thats associated with Resurrxion and Extermination should be about exterminating this refresh and ushering in a new era
    Prediction: the post-Extermination flagship writer will also proclaim it's time for the X-Men to go back to basics.

All-New Member

I noticed that most of the commentaries here are of discredit in relation to the Extermination event. I am eager to see what will happen and do not care if the theme is again about a dystopian future. This is part of the mythology of the X-Men, and if it is to fix the mess created by the O5 and reinitiate the franchise, then welcome.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh-X View Post
    I noticed that most of the commentaries here are of discredit in relation to the Extermination event. I am eager to see what will happen and do not care if the theme is again about a dystopian future. This is part of the mythology of the X-Men, and if it is to fix the mess created by the O5 and reinitiate the franchise, then welcome.
    I don't understand people beef with the O5, the X men aren't going to suddenly get better if they leave

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    I don't understand people beef with the O5, the X men aren't going to suddenly get better if they leave
    I love the teen O5, I adore teen Jean and tyke. but honestly my personal opinion is that they make the timeline a joke and there is also no need to have multiple versions of the same characters even if they are cool (like old man Logan). I just think that having duplicates makes the original less unique, also the whole thing can be a bit ridiculous, look at the x-books filled with time displaced and alternative universe people and duplicates. it feels weird and convoluted.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 05-09-2018 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Them leaving WOULD free up quite a few spots on the second flagship book whatever it may be called. Most people want them gone for this reason alone, IMO.

BANNED

I love the teen O5, I adore teen Jean and tyke. but honestly my personal opinion is that they make the timeline a joke and there is also no need to have multiple versions of the same characters even if they are cool (like old man Logan). I just think that having duplicates makes the original less unique, also the whole thing can be a bit ridiculous, look at the x-books filled with time displaced and alternative universe people and duplicates. it feels weird and convoluted.
    Tyke isn't a duplicate, he's the only Cyclops ATM and I definitely don't want him gone at all

All-New Member

I respect your opinion, but I disagree. By 2012, the X titles were pretty good for the most part and they sold a lot more than they do today. I particularly enjoyed the run of Kieron Gillen on Uncanny X-Men.
    In the beginning, the O5's presence was interesting, but in my opinion, they should have returned home at the end of the Bendis run.

Cover of Issue 2 :

And an interview with Ed Brisson about this series : https://news.marvel.com/tag/extermination-2018/

I like this quote from Brisson : "All I’ll say is that this is a chance for us to clear the board a bit and that anything can happen to anyone at any time."

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I'm so worried. this could go so right or so wrong.

I'm so worried. this could go so right or so wrong.
    I agree but the backups haven’t really given me confidence.