Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Why in the world are people enamored with Brisson? Just another journeyman. Bunn isn’t a Hall of Famer either, but he is a way more inventive writer.

The 05 were fun to read about, with very good art, for,the most part, esp the Bendis stories.

The art is more important than the writers anyway.
    Then we'll be fine with this story.

Great art + so-so story? OK for a little while.
    Great art + horrible story? No. Even Image moved past that decades ago.
    If Jim Lee or Joe Mad came back to draw the X-Men tomorrow, I'd only read the book if the writer and story were good.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

they were cool on all new x men, is their time to leave, they will have a even bigger legacy thanks to blue and all new x men, so thats cool, they are legends, but is time to embrace the real present
    we can be heroes, just for one day

I'm at the point where I could care less what they do with the O5. They haven't been driving the main X-Men story for a while now, so they are kind of unimportant. Outside of their books getting some good art teams early on I don't think they brought anything of value to the X-Men franchise when looking back at it, but this is Marvel. They don't just do a story where everything is now "fixed" and remove characters. They tend to drag things out until they become irrelevant and fall into limbo. Marvel's been dragging out their story to the point where I don't think anyone cares what they do with them, but at the same time I don't think Marvel will just get rid of them because that isn't what they tend to do.

I think if Marvel actually had a story in place for what they wanted the O5 to be and accomplish with them in the current time then it might have turn into something worthwhile. Like a 2 year story arc where at the end they O5 go back and that leads to some big changes within the X-Men. Instead Bendis had no plan and just wanted to write the O5 as they were free from continuity. He wanted to create his own little box and put all the characters he was interested in in it. Then when Bendis got burnt out other writers had to figure out what to do with them when their relevance was starting to fade. At the end of the day they didn't really accomplish anything too.

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    You lot (most of you-97%) are too harsh on the O5!

"All New"(irony)/Inevitable/Blue has been the only consistently quality X-Book of late if you ask me..IMHO...
    Only by default as the other team books have weaker writers. Bunn would have done a better job with the other rosters if he were writing them.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    How many gay characters have turned straight?
    None but I would kill to see it happen. Besides I know a lot of things are possible.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Only by default as the other team books have weaker writers. Bunn would have done a better job with the other rosters if he were writing them.
    Bunn handled O5 horribly. At least other writers didn't write the main cast out of the book just so in favor of his pet characters.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magnusilver View Post
    Bunn handled O5 horribly. At least other writers didn't write the main cast out of the book just so in favor of his pet characters.
    Bunn doesn't even like Daken. lol If he was choosing pets, Daken wouldn't be here.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Bunn doesn't even like Daken. lol If he was choosing pets, Daken wouldn't be here.
    Maybe you're right but O5 were still pulled out of their own book and currently MIA. It didn't happen before when Bendis or Hopeless was the writer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    None but I would kill to see it happen. Besides I know a lot of things are possible.
    Not today, Mike Pence.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    The O5 getting back to where they came from is a welcome development. I don't hate them but really the moment you state that they are indeed the original X-Men and that they have to go back to their timeline at the exact moment they left you're basically killing any possible stakes, developments and surprises. What's the point in telling any stories with them if they're all going to be wiped out eventually?

However, while I like what I've read of Brisson, I question this approach of having a different writer do the "event" book. This was a story Cullen Bunn was writing at the moment, why not let him finish it too?
    I never liked the 05 Concept in the main continuity. Marvel should have brought in the Ultimate X-men characters from the late 1990s and early 2000s if they needed to shake things up. And who the hell is Tyke? He ain't my Cyclops.

I love the O5. Blue is my favorite current X-book and their stories are fun. Bunn gives me what I need in an X-book every issue and it's even better when Molina is on pencils. I want them to stay. I started reading Uncanny back in 1987 and Blue has been one of my favorite books. I think the arcs are too short and resolved too quickly, but I understand the nature of how Marvel has to move the pace of this book.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Not today, Mike Pence.

Also I wanna point out that not everyone who thinks that the O5 should go home dislike them. I'm a fan.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I still think Marvel should keep the O5 as a AU book. Or like, don't, but at least establish their alternate reality and give them a happy ending, and maybe they can be used in the future if a writers ever wants to do that. The idea that they can go back now without changing anything after so many years in the future and nothing will change makes no sense.

Just say that, by staying so long in the future, they created an alternate timeline. So technically they did change the future for themselves, that just doesn't affect the main 616 timeline. Doesn't feel possible after Bunn said they absolutely have to go back, but, maybe make it so that was just the ideal scenario.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Also I wanna point out that not everyone who thinks that the O5 should go home dislike them. I'm a fan.
    Yes, I like the O5 and Bunn's handling of them. I just think that it's time for them to go back to their time. I think their being here was never meant to be a permanent thing and while I wouldn't say they've overstayed their welcome (others will disagree!), I do think it's time to wrap up their story.