Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Interesting. So Pt.2 will be in this weeks X-Men Blue, hopefully giving some more answers as to exactly what's going on. I'm not a big fan of the time travel mess, but I look forward to the O5 dilemma being resolved, assuming this is what the story centers on. I'm gonna laugh if this is just another result of the O5 not returning to their timeline.

Yeah there's a lot to deal with. A memory wipe is one thing, but Beast has played with magic and 2099 tech, Angel still has Black Vortex wings and Iceman + Jean both have had big powerups. Purging all of this is quite the challenge. Maybe they're gonna have to turn back time so that the O5 never left to begin with? Though that would impact the memories of everyone else right? Otherwise maybe Elixir will 'cure' them of their changes and essentially reset their bodies or something? I don't think the changes on the timeline will be anything too big. Some seem to think this will bring about the return of Cyclops but I'm uncertain that'll come to fruition.
    I'm sure they can come up with whatever technobabble they need to reset the characters if they decide to send them back for good. However, I'm deeply suspicious that the end result will be something to the effect of the characters getting duplicated someone and one copy being sent back in the past to become their regular adult selves and the other copy stays in the present to continue being the temporally displaced O5. Why lock yourself into one path when you can have your cake and eat it too? (Personally, I think the O5 need to go back for good, but I'm nonplussed with most of the classic X-Men characters when they're not in movies or TV shows anyways, so it's not like I was ever really enthused about the idea in the first place.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

U right, marvel always has issues with legacy... So the easy way was to make the past self into the new legacy (although Jean had Rachel and hope but they never measured up to the real deal), as for Cyke I honestly never saw him leaving any legacy character of sort and Tyke technically also owns the name

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    U right, marvel always has issues with legacy... So the easy way was to make the past self into the new legacy (although Jean had Rachel and hope but they never measured up to the real deal), as for Cyke I honestly never saw him leaving any legacy character of sort and Tyke technically also owns the name
    For a while felt that Cyclops had intended to prepare Surge to be his replacement and the new leader of the X-men in the future but this was totally abandoned.

Actually if you bothered to read X factor you'd realize Cyclops and the rest of the O5 admitted that Xavier made mistakes such as hiding them form the rest of the people, and they decided to strike on their own as X factor as form bonds with the human community instead of staying in the dark. During X factor they had their own way of doing things and a new philosophy in their relationship with humankind as whole, their views on Xavier (they saw his flaws as a mentor, but respected him nonetheless) and the fact that they weren't in the dark
    And then X-Factor totally blows it by disguising themselves as mutant hunters and fanning mutant hatred and fear even worse, so they're hardly without their share of mistakes as well.

Yeah, Champions is a team made up entirely of legacy characters (even with the new additions) - it treats Cyclops as his own legacy. You can see it on this variant cover from #2.

Everyone has a shadow showing their older counterparts. Banner for Amadeus, Carol for Kamala... adult Scott from before Secret Wars for young Scott.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    And then X-Factor totally blows it by disguising themselves as mutant hunters and fanning mutant hatred and fear even worse, so they're hardly without their share of mistakes as well.
    ... And then it's publicly outed that they are mutants in disguise helping mutants who are in danger and then the moment that their identities are public, with the X-Men "dead" and the Avengers as irrelevant as they were in the 80s and 90s, became the world's premiere and most popular super team.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

After Blue's post credits scene i belive now they could really going back home.
    Attached Images Attached Images

^
    Goddammit, Cyke is wearing head-condom again.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    After Blue's post credits scene i belive now they could really going back home.
    This is the young Jean correct?

The color of the aura around her reminds Phoenix instead of the usual pink.

I'm not sure they are going back, at least not like they are on future. it wouldn't solve any problem.

these post-credits scenes are very misleading

I still want to know WHY did they never go back in 20 years? I dont get why they feel like they can do it now. Im getting BoTA vibes.

They'd have to go back pretty early in those 20 years, or they'd age too much. They mention missing a chance. I'd bet the older selves (adult Jean, adult Iceman, blue Beast, and Archangel) vanished at that point.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They'd have to go back pretty early in those 20 years, or they'd age too much. They mention missing a chance. I'd bet the older selves (adult Jean, adult Iceman, blue Beast, and Archangel) vanished at that point.
    If thats the case than this storyline is moot. There really isnt a reason why they didnt just stay at the end of the Cross Time Capers or used the time machine to go back to exactly when they first left and had Xavier do a mindwipe on them. The only real difference would have been Warren's wings
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-09-2018 at 07:59 AM.

Had they gone back then, then wouldn't Venomized have ended with the Poisons winning, due to teen Jean's absence? It would've just created a different bad future.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Had they gone back then, then wouldn't Venomized have ended with the Poisons winning, due to teen Jean's absence? It would've just created a different bad future.
    They didnt know about the Poisons in the Time Cross Capers. That was not a factor in the decision to stay. Besides, do you see how this makes no sense? They go back, a bad future happens. They stay, a bad future happens. It really all feels moot