Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfPsylocke View Post
    Today is the 3rd Tuesday??
    This is one of the instances where it's weird. For solicits will be out the 4th Tuesday this time. Anytime there's the case of a 5th Tuesday, then our solicits are pushed back to the 4th one.

For whatever reason, Marvel's pattern is releasing the solicits every next to last Tuesday. That would've been better wording. lol Sorry for the confusion.

If the month has five Tuesdays in it, then solicits come the fourth one. If there's only four Tuesdays, then solicits come the third.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-15-2018 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Once the O5 are gone people will find another target. I’m betting it’s the ones with claws.
    Probably true. I want my favorite character to appear in a book, but I don't get mad at other characters or hate them for having a roster spot instead of Archangel.
    People wont be happy unless all their favorites are used I guess

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    Probably true. I want my favorite character to appear in a book, but I don't get mad at other characters or hate them for having a roster spot instead of Archangel.
    People wont be happy unless all their favorites are used I guess
    All X books need more sage, sage everywhere!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    All X books need more sage, sage everywhere!
    why do people here hate Sage so much?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Sage hasn't appeared in a while so most of her fans have probably stopped posting about her since there is nothing to talk about. All that's left are the people who don't like her would be my guess.

But yes, I don't like Sage.
    I wont get pissed off if she is in a comic instead of Archangel though
    Last edited by Thievery; 05-15-2018 at 12:09 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I think it's true that the neo O5 were indeed displacing other unused and more interesting characters though. And yes, having tons of Wolverines around is also boring. Nothing weird about saying this stuff.

People want variety and to cycle through more of the vast possible rosters... there is no reason at all not to think the O5 were preventing that to an extent.

It's not about "who is the target" it's just about people wanting variety and something different not same old stuff again and again
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Because Tessa was better. Claremont came and completely rewrote her as a brand new character, retconning her origin to make her more important to the X-men than she was. Completely changed her powers, which became ill defined and convenient plot devices. Her personality also changed and it was unappealing as she was treated like some living computer and less of a character. Sage was a mess and a stain on the character that ruined her

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Because Tessa was better. Claremont came and completely rewrote her as a brand new character, retconning her origin to make her more important to the X-men than she was. Completely changed her powers, which became ill defined and convenient plot devices. Her personality also changed and it was unappealing as she was treated like some living computer and less of a character. Sage was a mess and a stain on the character that ruined her
    Correct me if I'm mistaken but how much paneltime or development did pre-Sage Tessa ever even get? Like isn't it kind of that case she was a super minor background character...? How could that even be something that had any "fans" at all really. Claremont kind of made that into an actual character
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Correct me if I'm mistaken but how much paneltime or development did pre-Sage Tessa ever even get? Like isn't it kind of that case she was a super minor background character...? How could that even be something that had any "fans" at all really. Claremont kind of made that into an actual character
    She didnt but I found her to be better utilized as a minor supporting character popping up here and there than what Claremont did with her as he tried to make her happen. The changes done were just to extreme (no pun intended). I might have been more receptive towards her without the living computer aspect and change to her powers

I think it's true that the neo O5 were indeed displacing other unused and more interesting characters though. And yes, having tons of Wolverines around is also boring. Nothing weird about saying this stuff.

People want variety and to cycle through more of the vast possible rosters... there is no reason at all not to think the O5 were preventing that to an extent.

It's not about "who is the target" it's just about people wanting variety and something different not same old stuff again and again
    I agree that we need more variety among the characters that are use. There are plenty of other mult-used characters besides teenO5 and Wolverine clones taking up roster spots right now though.
    So I politely disagree.

I think the panel time Tessa got did make Sage seem a little strange. If Sage was a spy all along why did she not try and stop the Hellfire Club from corrupting Jean Grey when she was Phoenix. And why did she let Archangel and Psyocke get captured by Shinobi, who then practically had them raped.
    Was there an explanation given that I don't know about? I did not like X-Treme X-Men and stopped reading it.
    Last edited by Thievery; 05-15-2018 at 12:51 PM.

I feel the same way about Tessa, I believe the only time I did enjoy here was when she was written by Pak. I wonder what another writer will do with her, given the chance.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I've been thinking that maybe the characters that are more affected by the presence of the teen O5 aren't the unused characters but the adult O5 (except for Jean). I feel that teen beast, angel and iceman have got more attention than their adult counterparts since they came and the others fell a bit in the background in comparison (adult iceman got a solo but everything is because teen bobby embraced his sexuality).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    I agree that we need more variety among the characters that are use. There are plenty of other mult-used characters besides teenO5 and Wolverine clones taking up roster spots right now though.
    So I politely disagree.

I think the panel time Tessa got did make Sage seem a little strange. If Sage was a spy all along why did she not try and stop the Hellfire Club from corrupting Jean Grey when she was Phoenix. And why did she let Archangel and Psyocke get captured by Shinobi, who then practically had them raped.
    Was there an explanation given that I don't know about? I did not like X-Treme X-Men and stopped reading it.
    Well Arch, Tessa did much more than let Shinobi Shaw attack Warren and Betsy, she used her powers to zap them both so that both were fully awake and aware but unable to move as the Hellfire flunkies then changed their clothes, to which was compared to them basically being raped...as for the part with Jean back in the day, that's kind of what a retcon is for unfortunately, just rewrite history as you see fit...and then CC never had Betsy and Sage even talk about that attack at the Hellfire Club in X-treme...

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

so now Jean is stealing from Rachel one of the unique things Rachel had? ....her Hound abilities....<sigh>

I love Tessa as Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Askanipsion View Post
    so now Jean is stealing from Rachel one of the unique things Rachel had? ....her Hound abilities....<sigh>

I love Tessa as Sage
    The irony of your post considering Rachel “stole” Jean’s powerset and of of her unique thing....her Phoenix abilities