Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

The "exterminate the past eliminate the future" probably means they need to go back NOW or they'll alter the future for good. Maybe one of them almost dies and puts that all in jeopardy.

ENOUGH with the alt. reality characters!! There are plenty of other characters of THIS time not getting any panel time. We don't need a 5th wolverine, a 2nd Storm, and entire team of O5.

Marvel. Find a new theme.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Where did I hear these 'time to go back' comments before?

Thinking....

Thinking....

Oh yeah, in every single thread of Blue and always by the same peeps.

Okay, moving on to another thread now....
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Finally!!! This is the best news ever...

Then, they need to do the same with the bloodstorm, Jimmy and old man Logan.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    The "exterminate the past eliminate the future" probably means they need to go back NOW or they'll alter the future for good. Maybe one of them almost dies and puts that all in jeopardy.

ENOUGH with the alt. reality characters!! There are plenty of other characters of THIS time not getting any panel time. We don't need a 5th wolverine, a 2nd Storm, and entire team of O5.

Marvel. Find a new theme.
    You're absolutely right.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Resolution! Sweet, sweet resolution! Oh, how I've longed for thee.

At any rate, excited that it looks like the O5 are finally going to be gone. I imagine it'll simply be a clean slate send-back, as I don't see them going the DC-style path of merging the present and past X-Men (Superman, anyone?).

I'm not surprised that Bunn isn't writing this, considering that Marvel tends to swap writers for these big minis. He was better with them than Hopeless but worse than Bendis, so I'm not totally heartbroken that he isn't here. It seems like Blue's only really gotten interesting now that the O5 are missing, anyway.

I've only read the Sabretooth Iron Fist story from Brisson, but he gets good word of mouth, so I'm interested to see how he does in the X-Verse proper.

Looking forward to hearing more from C2E2!
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

He also writes Old Man Logan, and did the second arc on Cable.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    That's already happened. Twice! During Battle of the Atom, young Cyclops was almost killed, causing his adult self to vanish. Luckily Triage was on hand to resurrect him. And then there was Jean at the end of her solo, who was killed and then resurrected by the Phoenix.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    You're absolutely right.
    I'm glad Jean is back. Finally.

I'm guessing this series will detail how they all go back to being normal, or they just merge with their old bodies. Beast has that weird mysticism, Angel the fire wings, Jean that horrible short haircut, Scott is relatively untouched, and Bobby...are they putting him back in the closet?

Astonishing Member

Please let jimmy and old man die with them and create a 20 year mordituram on all this time travle alt reality crap.

Scott's going to lose his memories of the Starjammers and the Champions. He knows this, and that's the real reason he left the team. He didn't want to tell Kamala that. There's going to be tears at Champions HQ when they find out the truth.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Now that I'm thinking about it. This may not only be the O5's swan song (thanks @phoenixzero), but probably Paniccia's swan song.

Also, this directly feeds into the theory that the X-Books aren't relaunching after #30, but in September.

Yeah, i don't feel they are going anytime soon. they are going to solve their time travel status with some paradox and stay permanently.
    I've been burned before, and I know putting my hand on the stove is gonna burn me again but everything is so PERFECTLY set up for them to leave. I know they are gonna screw this up. I just know.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    For some reason, marvel prefers doing this big stories with writers not even involved in the story like how Matthew Rosernberg writing the jean grey return instead of dennis hopeless.

I disagree that they will stay, Bunn has made clear in interviews and in his run that the 05 will go back to their time and with Marvel making the 05 less and less important in the universe(like cyclops leaving champions), there is no reason to keep them here. Their biggest pull was having jean grey and now that the real version is back, there is no more need for them.
    I wouldn't put it past Editorial to keep things that are redundant. But you make a great point with Marvel not connecting writers to stories that are basically the fruits of their labor.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Are... are you serious? The 'pesky gay Iceman' thing is the best thing to happen to Iceman in the past decade, or more. Bar none. Also this comment was wildly inappropriate and massively homophobic.
    Let's just report and move on. We can't make valid points with a brick wall.

The O5 are no longer in X-Men Blue, that new lineup next issue is permanent. And it's continuing to issue 34 at least.

X-Men Blue Vol. 5 Paperback – November 6, 2018

THE SEARCH FOR JIMMY HUDSON! In the aftermath of VENOMIZED, JIMMY HUDSON has been changed forever! As two sets of memories tear at his mind, JIMMY goes into hiding… but is he a danger to himself and others? The X-MEN try to save their friend, but DAKEN has more lethal plans for Jimmy! And Jimmy finally gets a codename…but is he a hero or a villain? COLLECTING: X-MEN BLUE 29-34

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/03...-x-men-1-next/

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Yeah, i don't feel they are going anytime soon. they are going to solve their time travel status with some paradox and stay permanently.
    but... but, whhhyyy?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The O5 are no longer in X-Men Blue, that new lineup next issue is permanent. And it's continuing to issue 34 at least.

THE SEARCH FOR JIMMY HUDSON! In the aftermath of VENOMIZED, JIMMY HUDSON has been changed forever! As two sets of memories tear at his mind, JIMMY goes into hiding… but is he a danger to himself and others? The X-MEN try to save their friend, but DAKEN has more lethal plans for Jimmy! And Jimmy finally gets a codename…but is he a hero or a villain? COLLECTING: X-MEN BLUE 29-34

They are on the cover for #29, and the interior artist for that issue has posted a drawing of Tyke to Twitter.

BANNED

I admit I haven't exactly followed their whole story, but I still don't quite get why people here loathe the O5 so much. Well, except for bigots hating O5Bobby, that part is obvious. Hopefully this book doesn't screw them.

Scott's going to lose his memories of the Starjammers and the Champions. He knows this, and that's the real reason he left the team. He didn't want to tell Kamala that. There's going to be tears at Champions HQ when they find out the truth.
    For as much crap as people give Champions (some of it deserved) I am gonna miss Scott's presence and his dynamic with the others. That scene will ideally hit like a truck.

Fantastic Member

You're absolutely right.
    Agreed! Marvel has overdone it a lot! I miss the times when things were more magical by having only the 616 versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Resolution! Sweet, sweet resolution! Oh, how I've longed for thee.

At any rate, excited that it looks like the O5 are finally going to be gone. I imagine it'll simply be a clean slate send-back, as I don't see them going the DC-style path of merging the present and past X-Men (Superman, anyone?).

I'm not surprised that Bunn isn't writing this, considering that Marvel tends to swap writers for these big minis. He was better with them than Hopeless but worse than Bendis, so I'm not totally heartbroken that he isn't here. It seems like Blue's only really gotten interesting now that the O5 are missing, anyway.

I've only read the Sabretooth Iron Fist story from Brisson, but he gets good word of mouth, so I'm interested to see how he does in the X-Verse proper.

Looking forward to hearing more from C2E2!
    They can easily merge them in a way. For example. Jean can have the memories in each one of them stored in some place of thier mind and unlock them in the future. Also, this can potentially mean adult Cyclops return too.

Then its comfirmed?