Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

None of it. I don't want to see watered down elements of the old Expanded Universe in the new continuity. I think the optimal solution would be to bring back Legends in a limited capacity, we already have out of continuity tales with Star Wars Visions.

Shadows of the Empire definitely, it had it's own soundtrack and card set and everything like you got with a proper movie release! I also really liked the original Thrawn trilogy. The Droids and Ewok cartoons had a certain quaint charm about them as well. I liked the idea of C-3P0 and R2-D2 bouncing around from owner to owner before joining up with the Rebellion.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Yeah-it definitely mentioned a lot of stuff that's previously only been mentioned in extra-film sources or created for the EU.

-Coronet
    -Carida (although the academy was mentioned as far back as ANH, this is one of the first mentions that there's an Imperial academy there)
    -Sabaac (although the version in Solo doesn't use the light-up/electronic cards)
    -Cloud Riders (Although quite different from the old Marvel story)
    -As I noted, at least some details from the Lando novels
    -Mimban
    -Teras Kasi (a bit of an odd one given the game's infamy, but it kind of works).
    -The Maw (Although it seems to be a single black hole instead of several, and no Imperial weapons depot)
    I really liked the Solo movie (although Lando even more) and wish it had done better so that they could have dove even deeper into those elements.

I'd particularly like to see more Teras Kasi (with an actor/actress who is an actual martial artist, so they can have more action scenes), since action scenes tend to be limited to lightsaber duels and blaster shootouts.

All-New Member

I agree with everything you said here. Shadows, the Zahn books, & the 80s cartoons are favorites of mine. The cartoons are rough around the edges, but they had some solid concepts, & a certain mystique I find in lots of early SW (like the original Marvel run).

I'm currently reading the Dawn of the Jedi books & loving them. Really fun lore they came up with surrounding the planet Tython. I'd love to see some of that canonized.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Mara Jade. Even if they don't want to marry off Luke in this continuity. And honestly I think it could still work. Make it so Ben killed her for his turn to Kylo similar to Jacen Solo in Legends

Quote Originally Posted by klafterus View Post
    I agree with everything you said here. Shadows, the Zahn books, & the 80s cartoons are favorites of mine. The cartoons are rough around the edges, but they had some solid concepts, & a certain mystique I find in lots of early SW (like the original Marvel run).

I'm currently reading the Dawn of the Jedi books & loving them. Really fun lore they came up with surrounding the planet Tython. I'd love to see some of that canonized.
    Tython actually did show up in the Mandalorian.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

All-New Member

I need to watch that episode again! Can't remember if they referenced any EU elements of the planet other than the name. Still cool it's there.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    None of it. I don't want to see watered down elements of the old Expanded Universe in the new continuity. I think the optimal solution would be to bring back Legends in a limited capacity, we already have out of continuity tales with Star Wars Visions.
    I love the idea of new Legends content alongside canon stuff. I'm a fan of WB's direct to DVD animated movies they've done for DC & Mortal Kombat. So many classic Batman stories you can watch in animated form now (though the adaptations vary in quality). I think adaptations like that would be a great home for classic Legends stories. An animated Thrawn Trilogy has a lot of potential.

Mighty Member

If rumors are to be believed, Ossus will be formally appearing soon-ish as well.

Ossus is where Luke finds one of the "Sacred Jedi texts" according to "Rise of Skywalker" reference materials. Also apparently a version of the events in "Tales of the Jedi" did happen in Disney canon, although probably with some adjustments.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth