Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Was a reason given? Because in my head the perfect reasoning to go with amongst the Sith would be someone at some point saying "You know what, after all that time and all that planning that started with Darth Bane, while eventually Darth Sidious succeeded in the Sith's revenge and taking over the galaxy, it only lasted two decades. So screw it".

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    We witnessed the disbanding of the Rule Of Two at the end of Return Of the Jedi, when the Sith went extinct.
    Well of course technically when something doesn't exist anymore there are no rules whatsoever to enact. I'm operating on the possibility that someone(s) somewhere down the line, will re-establish the Sith. Just like eventually the Jedi will be re-established.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Interesting tangent: in the old EU, Palpatine had already done away with the Rule Of Two...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rule_...%27s_Doctrine)

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    It's all continuity to me I cherry pick from Disney's new continuity and add to it.
    Me too! In my head canon, most of the expanded Universe is canon and my mind often says to me, it all ends after Return of the Jedi. My main characters were never screwed up in these "new movies."
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

I'm waiting for the return of bucky o hare and the space rabbit from the marvel comics! Where are our space bunnies!

Joking aside lukes wife hands down. Was she the grave at the end of FA? We never found out in last jedi.

The other thing was leia with a lightsaber. I hated that the movies never gave her one like the comics and books did.

Leia briefly had a lightsaber in one of the recent Marvel arcs, although so did Han and others, as they were using them to escape from a Hutt who had a lot of Jedi artifacts. Of course this was set between ANH and ESB.

I'm guessing Luke-unlike his legends counterpart-stayed more true to the rules of the old order and never married.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I'm not sure if I do or don't want them bring old EU stuff in. I personally like the old EU but I don't think I have faith in Disney or Lucasfilm or whoever is making the movies to not screw it up royally.

For Thrawn at least, they brought back Timothy Zahn to write the novels; although even in the old EU, they left a lot of the Thrawn stuff to Zahn anyway.

They've also retained a few of the other old EU writers such as James Luceno (NJO, various other novels also probably the best Palpatine writer), Christie Golden (Fate of the Jedi) and John Jackson Miller (knigt Errant, KOTOR comics, Kenobi). In a large part, Miller pretty much created the first released bit of Disney EU canon: "A new Dawn" which came out a few weeks before Rebels (Which it was a prequel to).

iMan 42s

The Darktrooper history is something worth bringing back especially for how messed up it is for a potential Imperial remnant to have.

The Phase 0 was kind of cool as that sort of test-bed model, making sure the technology actually worked and fielded robotics integrated into aging clones. Extended lifespans, but a horrific cyborg.
    The Phase 2 is what really gets me. In the old EU the proper Phase 2 was lost with the Arc Hammer and so SWG used variants of that but smaller to fill out the ranks. I really like that idea with them being highly versatile robots and that you'd never know if you came across a human or droid. Still small in number due to the time-frame but still a possible threat. The current continuity does have a Phase 2 so it has at least two models, but I hope it makes a comeback.

Most importantly the battlesuit model (phase 3) totally felt like it belonged in Star Wars. It's a giant robot designed to look like a stormtrooper and has a big FU space gun. This totally could've appeared in a special edition and made sense. You already have walkers so why not cut out the middleman and just make your mainline trooper a walker?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

The Darktroopers were "sort of" put into Rebels.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_sentry_droid

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The Darktroopers were "sort of" put into Rebels.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_sentry_droid
    I wouldn't count them at all like Darktroopers because not only did they not do the same function they don't resemble the Darktroopers. It's a big black robot but it's not like Star Wars: Commander where you could kind of see it (they used the Purge trooper from TFU but that's at least classified as one though made for fighting Jedi). I'm more for bringing back proper Darktroopers, not sentry droids.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Jagged Fel's Mandalorian armor which was immune to light sabers.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Jagged Fel's Mandalorian armor which was immune to light sabers.
    Still canon.
    The Mandalorian steel, I mean. Not Fel.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Still canon.
    The Mandalorian steel, I mean. Not Fel.
    Thanks, I wasn't 100% sure. Now they need to do something with it. Should and could be a good villain.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Yeah, like I said earlier in the thread, Baron Fel would be fairly easy to re-incorporate into the canon in some form....or at the very least, the 181st Squadron (Which were TIE interceptors with red stripe markings, a reference perhaps to Fel's Correlian heritage, as Han wears a similar pattern on his pants). Maybe the new Zahn Thrawn/Vader novel may have a nod.

His family might be a bit trickier though.

The only things I really liked were Shadows of the Empire and Tales of the Jedi (also KOTOR/TOR) so if they can find a way to incorporate that and nothing else it would be fine by me.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum