Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The organization Black Sun-introduced in Shadows-is still heavily in canon; however, Xizor not so much (although his species are seen representing Black Sun with a similar outfit in "Clone Wars").

I don't think Disney has touched too much of the ESB/ROTJ gap where Shadows takes place, apart from the preparations for Endor in "Moving Target" and "Lost Stars". Although it seems that Marvel's monthly is starting to move towards ESB a lot more now, so we'll see I guess.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Amazing Member

I would bring in the Dark Empire series of Comics , without the Vima Da Boda stuff , BUT only the first DE2 was awful.
    Rogue Squadron - any of the stories.
    Caravan of Courage.

Dark Empire would kind of be hard to work into the new post-ROTJ continuity.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Dark Empire would kind of be hard to work into the new post-ROTJ continuity.
    'you wish was back into continuity'

It could happen early on , not all details are needed (as I said drop Vima Da Boda) , but a resurrected Emporer, would be cool , and its my wish

Extraordinary Member

Mara Jade, Talon Karrde and the Yuhezen Vong, oddly enough.

At least the Vong represented a NEW enemy to face. Making the Star Warriors fight a Empire reboot makes it seem like they genuinely accomplished little.

Mara Jade and Karrde yes.

That being said, do i really want them back? Who knows in what shape and form that would happen and what new infamy writers would commit to those characters i appreciate.

Be careful what you wish for, it might just come true. Maybe not as you hoped for though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Mara Jade, Talon Karrde and the Yuhezen Vong, oddly enough.

At least the Vong represented a NEW enemy to face. Making the Star Warriors fight a Empire reboot makes it seem like they genuinely accomplished little.
    But let's not pretend that the glorious and fabulous EU didn't spend a lot of time on having the heroes fight a bunch of Empire reboots.

Or that the Vong were universally likes by the fanbase. Many found these Clive Barker rejects didn't fit the Star Wars universe. And I don't think they were wrong.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Mara Jade and Kyle Katarn. Kyle could easily be reintroduced in one of the pre Episode 4 Anthology movies....

BANNED

What's the point of having a character named Kyle Katarn who has had no involvement with any kind of Death Star plans? Or a character called Mara Jade who obviously was never married to Luke Skywalker?

Mara was originally introduced as a smuggler who had a past working for the Emperor as a sort of force-sensitive spy. I think that angle can still work in some fashion. She only really appeared sporadically in the Bantam books before, at the end, Zahn had her relationship with Luke start to grow and the two got married in time for "New Jedi Order" series when the licence moved to Del Rey.

Most of the plot of the original Dark Forces game centered around Kyle stopping an attempt to create a new sort of droid/stormtrooper called the "Darktrooper", and not the Death Star plans (although later games followed him taking on the Jedi path, which has it's own problems). The Darktrooper design actually did show up in a modified form in "Rebels", although their threat was considerably watered down from the game.

There's also his past as an Imperial stormtrooper who becomes a sort of freelance mercenary, although that's mainly covered in the Dark Forces novels, and not the games as much.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_sentry_droid

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Kyle is probably best adapted to be a Rebel Spy/Smuggler type during the Original Trilogy and post era, though I think his Jedi connections are best left to one side. Same with Dash from Shadow of the Empire. And Mara could still easy be the former Emperor's Hand, just make her more mysterious and used behind the scenes until after Endor. Maybe she and Inferno Squad with Iden Veriso worked a lot together.

Rebels probably missed a chance to introduce Mara in some form or other, but there are always other options. As for her marriage to Luke, it's up to them. I think the current continuity doesn't make it impossible he was once married.

iMan 42s

The Darktroopers are canon. The security droids take a visual cue from them, but the Dark Trooper phase 2 is seen in the mobile game (that's canon) Star wars: Commander and is experimental by that point. Also worth noting that the game takes place a little after the battle of Yavin so that kind of gets into Kyle's territory.

It can still work seeing as Kyle's first big adventure is mostly about the Darktroopers, and we don't know the specifics about why more Darktroopers weren't deployed other than them being a late war addition. At least 3 mainline versions existed in old canon with the third and only one of its make destroyed along with the Arc Hammer. We know at least two versions exist in the current canon. Kyle could totally fight them again.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I don't know if anybody's mentioned this, but the old Lando novels can easily be reworked back into canon, as Lando mentioned some of their events in SOLO. Just substitute L3 for Vuffi Ra.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I don't know if anybody's mentioned this, but the old Lando novels can easily be reworked back into canon, as Lando mentioned some of their events in SOLO. Just substitute L3 for Vuffi Ra.
    That might be hard to do, given how different the characters are, but whatever. Actually, a lot of stuff in Solo was more or less an adaptation of stuff from the old EU/Legends.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Yeah-it definitely mentioned a lot of stuff that's previously only been mentioned in extra-film sources or created for the EU.

-Coronet
    -Carida (although the academy was mentioned as far back as ANH, this is one of the first mentions that there's an Imperial academy there)
    -Sabaac (although the version in Solo doesn't use the light-up/electronic cards)
    -Cloud Riders (Although quite different from the old Marvel story)
    -As I noted, at least some details from the Lando novels
    -Mimban
    -Teras Kasi (a bit of an odd one given the game's infamy, but it kind of works).
    -The Maw (Although it seems to be a single black hole instead of several, and no Imperial weapons depot)