Page 98 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1556

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    So about the talks of a Spider-Man: Ghost-Spider game.

Jameson actually gets scared at thinking about a Spider-Woman, Spider-Punk, and Spider-Pig during one of his podcasts in Spider-Man: Miles Morales so the developers could be teasing something.

I'm guessing the Spider-Punk mention is from the first game since when you unlock the Spider-Punk costume and wear it you get Jameson podcast talking about seeing Spider-Man swinging around with a guitar.
    While that can sound like a tease, it's also possibly just a nod to other Spider-People and not much else.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Tinkerer felt like they mixed Bombshell with Techno-Golem. I'm really disappointed we didn't get to see Lana in the game when the Bombshells could've made a fun dual boss.
    Wtf? No Bombshells? That's surprising, Bombshells should go without saying.

I'm wondering if the main thrust with the next game will be balancing Peter and Miles, working in the Symbiote, or expanding on Peter's gameplay. Or all three?
    Wonder if they'd do some character separation like Shattered Dimensions, with how each Spider having more different movesets, though gadgets, venom blast and whatever would be what really separate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    This is my main concern for Marvel’s Spider-Man II.

While it’s still a lot of fun to play with Peter, compared to Miles, his gameplay now feels a bit slower and ... less impressive?

The symbiote is definitely a solution but, unfortunately, a temporary one.

I really don’t see how Pete can compete with Miles on the long term.
    They could always make Peter fight with the speed of Spider-Man and not a regular fighter's, his sloppyness stood out even without Miles in mind.

I guess we could go full RPG with a Party System, but it would probably be turn-based.

spoilers:
    Yeah, isn't that the first explicit reference to the X-Men or Mutants? I don't remember there being anything in the last game (although they did reference the FF).
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    From the first game I only remember references to Daredevil, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, and Avengers, you can maybe stretch it a bit and say that Avengers include mutants because of Wanda and Pietro, but that's assuming they're there, and the specific members are never referenced, at best you can say Iron Man is a member because of the buidilng.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

How do people feel about "filler" fights?

Do other villains like Sandman, Mysterio, Looter have to have a place in the main plot in order to be in the game. I feel like it was that effort that led to the Sinister Six being poorly utilized in the previous game.

There can be enjoyment in just watching the villains be villains and stopping them.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I do think by virtue of being shorter, the pacing works to this game's favor. That and the lack of forced stealth missions.

I like the stuff with Ock a lot more though because even though the twist was obvious, the game still got you to care and hope that he wouldn't give into his demons. That where I think the shortcoming with the Tinkerer is:

spoilers:
    She already had her heel turn off-screen before the story even started. And you barely spend time getting to know her before the "twist" already gets revealed.
    end of spoilers

I still really enjoy this game. I'd say it's maybe $10 too expensive. $40 would've been a better sweet spot because it does offer you better content and campaign than the The City That Never Sleeps expansion did. But I feel like Sony bumped it up to $50 because it was a PS5 launch title and the price of "full" next gen games rose to $70.
    You can say the first game was too expensive, because we had about 8 hours of doing the same thing over and over. A game doesn't have to be long to be a great game. to make the next game better with alot of filler we should play both miles and peter.

Quote Originally Posted by superheat View Post
    Not going to happen. Miles will be playable in part 2.
    But to what extent? I agree with the opinion that he might just end up being a "buddy" character instead of fully playable.
    Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    None of the games that I cited were turn-based.
    I know, I'm just saying if we were making that kind of game for Spiders, I'd expect a Persona 5 level of turn based combat unless we go for a MUA3 beat-em up.
    Quote Originally Posted by superheat View Post
    Miles Story had better intimacy than the first game. The first game had to much filler. They tried to make the game feel big but it was just boring until the end.
    The Peter stuff in the game felt pretty intimate.
    I like the stuff with Ock a lot more though because even though the twist was obvious, the game still got you to care and hope that he wouldn't give into his demons. That where I think the shortcoming with the Tinkerer is:

spoilers:
    She already had her heel turn off-screen before the story even started. And you barely spend time getting to know her before the "twist" already gets revealed.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Not to mention Otto was a genuinely good man who went off the rails because his tentacles drove him crazy while Tinkerer is an emotionally damaged teenager who won't listen to reason or logic.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    How do people feel about "filler" fights?

Do other villains like Sandman, Mysterio, Looter have to have a place in the main plot in order to be in the game. I feel like it was that effort that led to the Sinister Six being poorly utilized in the previous game.

There can be enjoyment in just watching the villains be villains and stopping them.
    I mean, Shocker didn't really contribute anything to the plot other than a boss fight and a Sinister Six red herring.

I guess we could go full RPG with a Party System, but it would probably be turn-based.

spoilers:
    Yeah, isn't that the first explicit reference to the X-Men or Mutants? I don't remember there being anything in the last game (although they did reference the FF).
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    No you're right, it's the first reference to anything X- Related in the game
    end of spoilers

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I wouldn’t be all that worried about SM2, I’m sure Peter’s gameplay will get an upgrade of some sorts that’ll improve on it.

Amazing Member

People are really overthinking on how the sequel should be structured. Just have both characters play in their own specific story missions, and the side missions can be played with either character.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    give peter two handguns and a demon sword there i fixed it
    While we're at it, add six arms and a Spider-Trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGoji View Post
    People are really overthinking on how the sequel should be structured. Just have both characters play in their own specific story missions, and the side missions can be played with either character.
    So...the plot shifts protagonists over the course of the story but you can also switch protagonists for the side missions?

Theres reason to be concerned with the gameplay in the sequel but not because of Miles having more capabilities/abilties then Peter. I'm just concerned with the developers limiting the character. In Spider-man you essentially have a character that has no physical limitations. Its up to the developers to tap into that. Honestly they haven't even scratched the surface of what the character is capable of.

Honestly, there are so many easy solutions to enhance the gameplay for Spider-man 2 to make Peter play faster, smoother and more versatile then Miles.

-Webslinging. Revamp it. I still can't understand why they haven't incorporated a dual Button system where L2 is left hand and R2 is right hand for swinging. It would add much more versatility and complexity to the system. Make the webswinging almost a game in and of itself. Add in more animations and possibly even incorporate a way for players to continue swinging without having to constantly jump off their current webline.

- Touch up the wall crawling. It stills feels pretty choppy. Also utilize the wall crawling more fluidly in combat. Put some actual time into it. It has completely felt like an afterthought in both games so far. Implement a fluid detailed wall bouncing system for indoor combat.

- Make the combat a bit faster, more animations, more moves and also maybe even start to incorporate a counter system Off the Spider-sense in combat. Also can I get some takedown options to down multiple enemies at once in combat? How many comic book panels have had Spider-man literally attacking 3 people once?

Thats just off the top of my head. Again, there's alot that can be done. They haven't even scratched the surface of what the character is capable of doing and I'm honestly not sure if they ever will unfortunately. Some of that fault falls on the fans though. Too often we they just accept mediocrity and as soon as they play the game its suddenly "Best game ever!" . I'm not saying that the game or series is "mediocre" but I am saying, that its a shame that no development team has found a way to really unlock the endless potential that the character of Spider-man has for a true video game experience.
    Last edited by RD155; 11-16-2020 at 05:32 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Theres reason to be concerned with the gameplay in the sequel but not because of Miles having more capabilities/abilties then Peter. I'm just concerned with the developers limiting the character. In Spider-man you essentially have a character that has no physical limitations. Its up to the developers to tap into that. Honestly they haven't even scratched the surface of what the character is capable of.

Honestly, there are so many easy solutions to enhance the gameplay for Spider-man 2 to make Peter play faster, smoother and more versatile then Miles.

-Webslinging. Revamp it. I still can't understand why they haven't incorporated a dual Button system where L2 is left hand and R2 is right hand for swinging. It would add much more versatility and complexity to the system. Make the webswinging almost a game in and of itself. Add in more animations and possibly even incorporate a way for players to continue swinging without having to constantly jump off their current webline.

- Touch up the wall crawling. It stills feels pretty choppy. Also utilize the wall crawling more fluidly in combat. Put some actual time into it. It has completely felt like an afterthought in both games so far. Implement a fluid detailed wall bouncing system for indoor combat.

- Make the combat a bit faster, more animations, more moves and also maybe even start to incorporate a counter system Off the Spider-sense in combat. Also can I get some takedown options to down multiple enemies at once in combat? How many comic book panels have had Spider-man literally attacking 3 people once?

Thats just off the top of my head. Again, there's alot that can be done. They haven't even scratched the surface of what the character is capable of doing and I'm honestly not sure if they ever will unfortunately. Some of that fault falls on the fans though. Too often we they just accept mediocrity and as soon as they play the game its suddenly "Best game ever!" . I'm not saying that the game or series is "mediocre" but I am saying, that its a shame that no development team has found a way to really unlock the endless potential that the character of Spider-man has for a true video game experience.
    Those all sound like good suggestions, especially the wall-crawling, since even Web of Shadows had a pretty unique mechanic where Spider-Man could fight on vertical surfaces as well as on horizontal surfaces. Would be good to see that incorporated and improved in the future.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

So...the plot shifts protagonists over the course of the story but you can also switch protagonists for the side missions?
    yakuza 0 spider-man sounds cool
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Amazing Member

Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post

Completely agree (give back the wall crawling its own dedicated button FFS). Unfortunately, the games that were able reach his potential will forever go unnoticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    yakuza 0 spider-man sounds cool
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGoji View Post
    Correct.
    I guess a natural starting point for Miles would be when Peter goes out of control with the Symbiote (assuming that happens).

Mighty Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Not to mention Otto was a genuinely good man who went off the rails because his tentacles drove him crazy while Tinkerer is an emotionally damaged teenager who won't listen to reason or logic.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Otto wasn't evil because of the tentacles. That ended up being a red herring. He had already planned everything ever since at least the attack on City Hall. That's why you have that sequence of Peter returning to the lab after being stung by Scorpion. That's when he realizes that Otto had been planning everything in advance and it wasn't just the tentacles making him nuts like in the Raimi movies. You can even collect one of his recordings early on where he goes in a deranged rant against Norman.
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

Miles will be fully playable in story mode. Miles story is not done yet, and Peter's is not more important. I don't know why you GUYS are trying so hard to make Peter the only one playable. The first game had alot of filler. The MJ missions can be used for Miles and alot of the other filler missions can be used for Miles to make a better story. We also need to see more of Miles and peter together fighting. The only reason they put Peter out in Miles game is they needed to set Miles up without Peter. No need to do something so dumb like say Miles is gone for weeks so they don't have to write both spidermen