Page 73 of 104 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1556

Ugh the new Peter model. Way to kill my enthusiasm for the game, guess I don't need to bother with a PS5.

https://youtu.be/-i5tTKSbePI

Maybe they will reconsider like after the puddle outcry.

Quote Originally Posted by Junco View Post
    Ugh the new Peter model. Way to kill my enthusiasm for the game, guess I don't need to bother with a PS5.

why? who ask for the redesign? is this is what he will look like in the sequel? I need a fan outrage to do there job for once if there is any
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Junco View Post

This is

A) Unnecessary
    B) Ugly
    C) Uncanny, as in Uncanny Valley. The modeling doesn't look good at all.

The only justification for this new model in the PS5 remastered is if they had remodeled Peter for the Miles Morales game or the next Spider-Man game and they want a kind of model consistency for all the upcoming games. I will admit that I wasn't the world's biggest fan of the render of Peter in the first game (and to be honest of most of the characters save Aunt May and Miles) but at the very least it had consistency and looked fine with everything else.

This one though doesn't have any consistency. I can't believe this was something Insomniac wanted. I think this came from Marvel or Sony Corporate because obviously the new Peter looks and resembles Tom Holland.

And right away you see the problem with the render...Tom Holland was cast to play a young Peter and as such has a face with baby fat and young features. It's not in the least appropriate for an older college age Peter, who's supposed to take a mentor role with Miles Morales (not to mention the optics of the fact that Holland's Peter is a whiteboy Miles, bit of a vampire snake eating its own tail). So this render doesn't really fit the role and purpose of the story.

The outcry has to be large and big, but unlike the puddle issue:
    A) That was a demo thing.

B) the renders and models aren't just cutscene only but the actual 3D model, so if they want a new 3D Model it's basically even more work.

Astonishing Member

He looks way too babyfaced. It is like they almost edited a 16-year old boy onto a mid 20's dude's body. He looks younger than even Miles. What were they thinking???
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 09-30-2020 at 01:02 PM.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    He looks way too babyfaced. It is like they almost edited a 16-year old boy onto a mid 20's dude's body. What were they thinking???
    Same. For some reason, the developers thought the PS4 versions face model didn't match Yuri Lowenthal's voice acting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    Same. For some reason, the developers thought the PS4 versions face model didn't match Yuri Lowenthal's voice acting.
    I think that's marketing driven CYA. This is some excuse they made up to sell this bill of goods. It doesn't make sense at all from any creative perspective.

This definitely feels imposed.

Astonishing Member

I looked up the guy and I don't see the similarities much.

I do notice the Tom Holland similarities, though. The tinfoil-hat wearing fan in me can't help but wonder if it has anything to do with Marvel's fetish to make everything more like the MCU.

Yuri sounded like a dude in his early 20s, wich is how he looked like. So it really doesn't fly.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

The first one looked like a mix of Maquire and Garfield, while this PS5 one looks a dead ringer for Tom Holland.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I looked up the guy and I don't see the similarities much.

I do notice the Tom Holland similarities, though. The tinfoil-hat wearing fan in me can't help but wonder if it has anything to do with Marvel's fetish to make everything more like the MCU.
    Same, I do not really feel like the official reason makes much sense here but what do I know- I ain't a dev.

While I loved Jon Bubniak's face, this one is growing on me. I think this will be one of things that people are upset over and then, once they inevitably play the game, it'll grow on them too.

If they're making Peter look like Tom does that mean they'll make MJ look like Zendaya lol

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Same, I do not really feel like the official reason makes much sense here but what do I know- I ain't a dev.
    Trying to image Aloy getting recasted in The Forbidden West and no one saying anything about it until the trailer dropped but I can't, it is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    If they're making Peter look like Tom does that mean they'll make MJ look like Zendaya lol
    So far they've only said Peter's going through a change. Looking at the model again I think it might be the eyebrows. They're skinnier and it makes Peter's forehead bigger. IDK.

I'll just play my PS4 version of the game on Playstation 5 whenever I get one.