Page 6 of 104 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I like Insomniac so I'm hopeful that their portrayal of Spidey is a good one. It's looking that way based on what we've seen but until I get to play it I'll be trying to keep my feet on the ground excitement wise LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Read the description, it explicitly says it sets up the situations and relationships you encounter in the game.
    That doesn't quite answer the question. For example, the Star Wars Battlefront II prequel novel did all that but could still be read and enjoyed without the game.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    That doesn't quite answer the question. For example, the Star Wars Battlefront II prequel novel did all that but could still be read and enjoyed without the game.
    I imagine it would be fairly standalone, at least as much as a prequel novel can be.

Looks great so far.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    They're acting like MJ wasn't a strong, capable, and driven person before this game.

Have they not actually read much with Mary Jane in it? Or have they mostly looked at the Slott run ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They're acting like MJ wasn't a strong, capable, and driven person before this game.

Have they not actually read much with Mary Jane in it? Or have they mostly looked at the Slott run ?
    Blame those blasted adaptations with her sucking, chances are they think Shocker is only a loser of a villain too because of those adaptations, though some stories like the recent Venom#164 aren't doing him any favors...

In fairness, MJ is 90% of the time in danger at the end of all Spider-Man games.

I think what the guy is trying to point out, there's never been a Superhero game where you could play as someone whose a side character.
    "What about wheatcakes next time?"-Peter
    "Wheatcakes are yucky."-Annie

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Blame those blasted adaptations with her sucking, chances are they think Shocker is only a loser of a villain too because of those adaptations, though some stories like the recent Venom#164 aren't doing him any favors...
    The only time I can remember an adaption treating Shocker as a loser was the Ultimate Spider-Man game, where that version of Shocker was consistently a loser.

I guess there was his appearance in the DS version of Edge of Time where Miguel didn't take him seriously at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    In fairness, MJ is 90% of the time in danger at the end of all Spider-Man games.

I think what the guy is trying to point out, there's never been a Superhero game where you could play as someone whose a side character.
    I guess that's fair. It's just the wording makes it come across more as a criticism of comic MJ, like she was your typical 60's love interest when she was anything but.

The only time I can remember an adaption treating Shocker as a loser was the Ultimate Spider-Man game, where that version of Shocker was consistently a loser.

I guess there was his appearance in the DS version of Edge of Time where Miguel didn't take him seriously at all.
    The Ultimate comics had him as a running gag of a looser joke villain that Spidey pretty much stopped and turned in without trouble. (To be fair, in his last appearance in the Peter Parker era, they did have him able to get the drop on Spidey, deconstruct what the effects of being in the joke villain scenario would have, and actually gave him a bit of dimension as a character.)

I guess that's fair. It's just the wording makes it come across more as a criticism of comic MJ, like she was your typical 60's love interest when she was anything but.
    For large, sprawling franchises, it can be hard to keep track of everything and there certainly is subjectivity in how characters are perceived. As a for example, I think the Raimi movies MJ is a stronger, better developed character than she's often given credit for.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

so for someone who doesn't own any current (or the previous models) of consoles, would a PS4 be worth picking up in anticipating this game coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    The Ultimate comics had him as a running gag of a looser joke villain that Spidey pretty much stopped and turned in without trouble. (To be fair, in his last appearance in the Peter Parker era, they did have him able to get the drop on Spidey, deconstruct what the effects of being in the joke villain scenario would have, and actually gave him a bit of dimension as a character.)
    I didn't bring up the Ultimate comics since I was basing my comment on adaptions, which is why I brought up the game, and I think of Ultimate as an alternate universe/Elseworld.

But I guess it's a fine line sometimes .
    For large, sprawling franchises, it can be hard to keep track of everything and there certainly is subjectivity in how characters are perceived. As a for example, I think the Raimi movies MJ is a stronger, better developed character than she's often given credit for.
    I would imagine the preconceptions of Mary Jane created from the movies was probably what the Dev team were trying to avoid in making their version of Mary Jane.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so for someone who doesn't own any current (or the previous models) of consoles, would a PS4 be worth picking up in anticipating this game coming out?
    Well this game is only being released for the ps4 and the game so far seems to be good I would suggest buying it

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I would say it definitely is, not only because the game itself looks great and worth owning, but the PS4 is just an all-around excellent console with so many other great games and other features. Check it out when ya get the chance.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

In the wake of Avengers: Infinity War film, the second Pre-Order Costume is announced to be the MCU version of Iron Spider.

The Homemade suit from Homecoming movie is also confirmed as well.