Page 28 of 104 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Arkham games have also done it a lot.
    Yeah. Lots of other games too.

I was sticking to Sony exclusives because it seems Sony specifically keeps doing this.

I love the game but the MJ missions are annoying
    We need better comics

iMan 42s

Well I just finished it and man that was Amazing.

Why that wasn't what they led with in the comics I'll never know.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post

I think this game might be the best Spider-Man movie yet .

I beat the game earlier today as well. The characters and villains were amazing.

I'm going to be excited when they come out with a new sequel.

spoilers:
    I can't believe that Jefferson Davis and May Parker got killed off.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I beat the game earlier today as well. The characters and villains were amazing.

I'm going to be excited when they come out with a new sequel.

spoilers:
    I can't believe that Jefferson Davis and May Parker got killed off.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Jeff surprised me more then May to be honest.
    end of spoilers

iMan 42s

spoilers:
    Norman Osborn surprised me in this game. Normally writers depict him as an absolute heartless monster but here you can definitely see he was trying to do the right thing. Devil's breath being an attempt at a cure for his wife and later son made complete sense for why he's so hellbent on pumping money into it. Sure it's a weapon when we see it, but the fact is that it was never meant for the public nor as an Oscorp bioweapon is because it was a work in progress curative for Harry. If Otto hadn't gotten the stick up his ass we pretty much wouldn't have gotten the final act. Sure Osborn is responsible for Li but that was indeed an accident and Li was well off after this event even if he didn't talk about his childhood. All things considered he'd probably have to acknowledged Li which would ruin a reelection, but Osborn while slimy isn't the bad guy for once.., weird.
    end of spoilers
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

spoilers:
    Norman Osborn surprised me in this game. Normally writers depict him as an absolute heartless monster but here you can definitely see he was trying to do the right thing. Devil's breath being an attempt at a cure for his wife and later son made complete sense for why he's so hellbent on pumping money into it. Sure it's a weapon when we see it, but the fact is that it was never meant for the public nor as an Oscorp bioweapon is because it was a work in progress curative for Harry. If Otto hadn't gotten the stick up his ass we pretty much wouldn't have gotten the final act. Sure Osborn is responsible for Li but that was indeed an accident and Li was well off after this event even if he didn't talk about his childhood. All things considered he'd probably have to acknowledged Li which would ruin a reelection, but Osborn while slimy isn't the bad guy for once.., weird.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    He's not even a real criminal mastermind in this since he was pretty much outplayed by Li and Doc Ock at every turn.

I mean, he's morally scrupulous to some degree, but he's also doggedly determined to save his son and seems to acknowledge certain bungles. He's no Supervillain (yet).

I did also like how he wouldn't give Otto the satisfaction of a confession. That was classic Norman.

I was kind of surprised we never saw much of Peter and Norman interact, even in-spite of the fact that they're familiar with each other in this continuity. Though they kinda gave Otto the kind of relationship Peter and Norman have had in past adaptions.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    He's not even a real criminal mastermind in this since he was pretty much outplayed by Li and Doc Ock at every turn.

I mean, he's morally scrupulous to some degree, but he's also doggedly determined to save his son and seems to acknowledge certain bungles. He's no Supervillain (yet).

I did also like how he wouldn't give Otto the satisfaction of a confession. That was classic Norman.

I was kind of surprised we never saw much of Peter and Norman interact, even in-spite of the fact that they're familiar with each other in this continuity. Though they kinda gave Otto the kind of relationship Peter and Norman have had in past adaptions.
    end of spoilers
    Well....spoilers:
    Normie isn't a total sociopath even on his bad days. In the comics he's able to be a public figure that DOESN'T have people automatically expect him to be a supervillain. He somehow seduced Gwen Stacy. Also he managed to lead a super team for quite a while without having the team explode. So it's not a huge stretch to see him sometimes do useful things.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

LOL! No doubt about it!

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

It certainly ranks up there with Spider-Man in media outside of comics. Wonder if Marvel will announce a comic for it. This version of Peter is already in Spider-Geddon. So why not?

iMan 42s

I can imagine if they did do a comic adaptation it would be set in in the 8 years between getting bit and the start of the game. Peter's already encountered a ton of villains already and some more we haven't seen, so it is ripe for filling in the blanks. That would be a nice way of keeping fans occupied until the inevitable sequel, kind of like how Injustice did it.

Also as an aside here, I wonder if Peter's encounter with Ock is going to influence Elliot Tolliver to return to being Spider-man. We know they have some sort of encounter and maybe Peter convinces Otto to drop the Octopus thing and in a way save Otto as he couldn't before.

I can imagine if they did do a comic adaptation it would be set in in the 8 years between getting bit and the start of the game. Peter's already encountered a ton of villains already and some more we haven't seen, so it is ripe for filling in the blanks. That would be a nice way of keeping fans occupied until the inevitable sequel, kind of like how Injustice did it.

Also as an aside here, I wonder if Peter's encounter with Ock is going to influence Elliot Tolliver to return to being Spider-man. We know they have some sort of encounter and maybe Peter convinces Otto to drop the Octopus thing and in a way save Otto as he couldn't before.
    Based on the Issue 3 cover, it looks like he and Otto are on the same side, so will be really interesting to see what leads to that and how he reacts to him being there in general.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I don't want to see a comic based on this version of Peter simply because I sincerely doubt Insomniac will honor it in any meaningful way. Injustice had a comic but the sequel wiped it's ass with it for the most part and continued to do it's own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Based on the Issue 3 cover, it looks like he and Otto are on the same side, so will be really interesting to see what leads to that and how he reacts to him being there in general.
    spoilers:
    I wouldn't be surprised if Insomniac!Peter assumes SpOck is like his Otto and sees him as more misguided then truly evil out of his old affection for his Otto, but will then probably realize that SpOck is even worse then the Otto from his world.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't want to see a comic based on this version of Peter simply because I sincerely doubt Insomniac will honor it in any meaningful way. Injustice had a comic but the sequel wiped it's ass with it for the most part and continued to do it's own thing.
    How did Alfred die again ?

But yeah, the logistics of it make me question how practical it would be to make a comic out of it.