Page 96 of 104 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1556
    Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

I really hope that Marvel’s Spider-Man II focuses on Peter Parker.

The inevitable confrontation with the Osborn family and the symbiote has to be a personal journey for Peter and while I’m not against to see more of Miles, I just want Insomniac to introduce new characters. The first game mentioned Flash Thompson so I’d love to see him make an appearance and to become Agent Venom (Insomniac could release another spin off Marvel’s Spider-Man: Agent Venom/Flash Thompson with a brand new gameplay with symbiotic and military stuff).

That being said, I’ll take whatever Insomniac wants me to buy.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm expecting the next game is going to focus on Peter while Miles is busy with stuff in Harlem, especially when the plot will be more personal for Peter. Then maybe we get Miles Morales 2.

I guess they could do it like Gotham Knights where you can switch between protagonists but I'm not sure I see that working from a narrative perspective for these games.
    I think it's more likely the story for Spider-Man 2 will primarily focus on Peter with the occasional Miles side mission or team up ones similar to the Spider/Cat one from the DLC. Or Miles will be there but not (i.e. he's in the area assisting with the rescue/escape/fight/etc but largely doing it off screen or via coms).

Perhaps after the main story is complete you'll unlock the ability to switch between them during free play mode but I really don't see it going beyond that.
    Last edited by Arsenal; 11-15-2020 at 10:58 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I think it's more likely the story for Spider-Man 2 will primarily focus on Peter with the occasional Miles side mission or team up ones similar to the Spider/Cat one from the DLC. Or Miles will be there but not (i.e. he's in the area assisting with the rescue/escape/fight/etc but largely doing it off screen or via coms).

Perhaps after the main story is complete you'll unlock the ability to switch between them during free play mode but I really don't see it going beyond that.
    Why can’t they do that from the start?

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Why can’t they do that from the start?
    Because that would make it an entirely different game.

Maybe when they have multiple playable characters in play they can do a Gotham Knights-esque game where you can switch protagonists.

Astonishing Member

Maybe when they have multiple playable characters in play they can do a Gotham Knights-esque game where you can switch protagonists.
    How about a party style game? Both fight together but you can only control one at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    How about a party style game? Both fight together but you can only control one at a time.
    How would you handle that in terms of the Open World? Just not have it?

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

How would you handle that in terms of the Open World? Just not have it?
    Like GTA5 character switching. You can switch between Peter and Miles. Some missions or just Peter, or Miles, or some are both. During free roam you can just swing past the other character lol

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Like GTA5 character switching. You can switch between Peter and Miles. Some missions or just Peter, or Miles, or some are both. During free roam you can just swing past the other character lol
    I know I keep bringing it up, but that reminds me of how Gotham Knights is handling co-op .

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

I know I keep bringing it up, but that reminds me of how Gotham Knights is handling co-op .
    That could work too. Even on online co-op is possible. Gets its up to Insomniac

Amazing Member

What's wrong with that? Can't make the same game thrice.
    Last edited by CosmicGoji; 11-15-2020 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGoji View Post
    What's wrong with that? Can't make the same game thrice.
    Well, I think the core of the Spider-Man games are the single player experience, so I think we're a little ways away from shifting from that. At least in my opinion.

So about the talks of a Spider-Man: Ghost-Spider game.

Jameson actually gets scared at thinking about a Spider-Woman, Spider-Punk, and Spider-Pig during one of his podcasts in Spider-Man: Miles Morales so the developers could be teasing something.

I'm guessing the Spider-Punk mention is from the first game since when you unlock the Spider-Punk costume and wear it you get Jameson podcast talking about seeing Spider-Man swinging around with a guitar.

Astonishing Member

Well, I think the core of the Spider-Man games are the single player experience, so I think we're a little ways away from shifting from that. At least in my opinion.
    Who says that it would be multiplayer? Most party-based games I play are completely single-player.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I'm about Two-Thirds of my way through the game since I've been pacing myself. I definitely enjoy it for the most part but I won't lie, I also kind of wish it was a full fledged sequel rather than the sort of Expansion-Pack sequel that it is because you can tell where the story is rushed.

The story and the twist with Tinkerer is predictable but then again, so was Ock's turn in the first game. I do think here is where you run into the issue where since Tinkerer is basically a completely reimagined character to the point of being brand new, the fact that the twist happens so fast doesn't have nearly the same gut punch as Ock's did in the first game. It's the consequence of Miles still being in the grand scheme of things a newer character without the decades of Rogues Gallery stories to pull from. Closest character to do this type of story with effectively would've been Aaron Davis but I get that Insomniac didn't want to retread that old ground so quickly off the heels of Into the Spider-Verse.

The game is as fun as ever to play though. I do think though should Miles be playable as well in Spider-Man 2 they should probably ditch the gadgets with him. The Venom powers are more than enough and while the Gadgets are fun to play with, they're no where near as essential to his playstyle as they were for Pete in the first game. If anything, I'd at least limit Miles to just stealth-based gadgets like the landmines and trip wires, and leave the combat driven gadgets to Pete.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    The game is as fun as ever to play though. I do think though should Miles be playable as well in Spider-Man 2 they should probably ditch the gadgets with him. The Venom powers are more than enough and while the Gadgets are fun to play with, they're no where near as essential to his playstyle as they were for Pete in the first game. If anything, I'd at least limit Miles to just stealth-based gadgets like the landmines and trip wires, and leave the combat driven gadgets to Pete.
    Considering how he's both Peter's apprentice and a smart kid himself, it would be weird if he didn't rely on gadgets to some degree.