Page 30 of 104 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I agree with you. Miles is meant to be a successor character, not a sidekick. Him and Peter coexisting will always be an issue due to the very nature of Miles. I would have corrected this by having Peter be the grown-up Spider-man with a family while Miles would be the kid still learning the ropes.
    This should be the ideal approach but Marvel is hellbent in keeping Peter a high schooler in adaptions so Miles can't even have that.

iMan 42s

You ask me and I think Marvel is leaning more towards Miles being the younger Spider-man these days. The cartoons are from a period where the TV shows didn't really have a game-plan and so everything and the kitchen sink was thrown at the audience.

But not only is Miles getting a movie and that Peter being an adult, in this game Miles is the kid and Peter is the adult and we know Marvel had no issue with that. The new ongoing is supposed to be about Miles in that regard being the teenage superhero and of course Peter has long since abdicated that role.

The movies probably are keeping him young in regards to Tom Holland, the diversity of the heroes, and that we haven't seen a teenage Spider-man long term in the films as the old films only had him there for a film or just a 1/4 of it.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Who else thinks that the game did a better job of introducing and establishing Miles than any comic book ever did?
    this is the basic reason for retelling origin stories. "We can rebuild it make it faster, stronger!"

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This should be the ideal approach but Marvel is hellbent in keeping Peter a high schooler in adaptions so Miles can't even have that.
    Avengers Spidey is more "young man" then teen really.

It's kind of amusing that the only adaptions where we get an adult Spider-Man are the ones where Sony has a more direct involvement.

(Not that I think Marvel wasn't involved with this game, but I think to some degree this was more Sony and Insomniac's baby).
    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Avengers Spidey is more "young man" then teen really.
    He's growing into a young man but his interactions with Tony and the other Avengers really makes him come off like a kid.

On that topic, I love how the words "Mr. Stark" are never once uttered in this game .

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

After playing through last weekend, I wasn’t liking this game as much as I wanted to.

After playing through this last week, I love this game as much as I wanted to.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's kind of amusing that the only adaptions where we get an adult Spider-Man are the ones where Sony has a more direct involvement.

(Not that I think Marvel wasn't involved with this game, but I think to some degree this was more Sony and Insomniac's baby).

He's growing into a young man but his interactions with Tony and the other Avengers really makes him come off like a kid.

On that topic, I love how the words "Mr. Stark" are never once uttered in this game .
    Or pre-2000s, where the 90s TAS Spider-Man was a college student a few years into his superhero career, and Unlimited Spider-Man was (presumably) out of college and married to Mary Jane Watson. Personally, I blame the popularity of Ultimate Spider-Man for giving Marvel the wrong idea about what the readership wanted Spider-Man to be. I mean, Ultimate Marvel had tighter, more intricate and focused story and plotting because they were condensing then-40 years of stories into something that could resonate with and be relevant to more modern audiences that weren't necessarily familiar with the older/original comics, and that was the key to its success, at least in the beginning. Alas, Marvel took a singular element in that modernized version of the Marvel Universe that so many fans and readers were responding positively to, and made it out to be the core of why it was working in the first place. Instead of "tighter, more focused and intricate stories, plots, and characterizations," they went for more superficial stuff like "S.H.I.E.L.D.'s up in everything and the heroes are d**** to each other" or, more specific to Spider-Man, "Peter Parker's a teenager in high school, dealing with teenager problems along with supervillains and crooks." And so you have it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Peter mentoring a young hero isn't something that has been nailed in the comics, but I think with this Peter it will work.

"Not that weird" has me unbelievably pumped for the sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    Peter mentoring a young hero isn't something that has been nailed in the comics, but I think with this Peter it will work.
    Speaking of, whatever happened to Alpha? Wasn't he created to be be Peter's sidekick?

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post

"Not that weird" has me unbelievably pumped for the sequel.
    It's better then in the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon where we have a teenage Peter mentoring another teen hero .

spoilers:
    But yeah, with the level of writing and that we actually have an experienced, and wise, Peter here I think the Miles dynamic will work in a way that it hasn't in other adaptions.

But there's still the issue of Miles' codename...
    end of spoilers
    Speaking of, whatever happened to Alpha? Wasn't he created to be be Peter's sidekick?
    He was promoted as Spider-Man's new sidekick but he was actually supposed to be an example of everything Spider-Man isn't that got drawn out for more issues then it needed.

It's better then in the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon where we have a teenage Peter mentoring another teen hero .

spoilers:
    But yeah, with the level of writing and that we actually have an experienced, and wise, Peter here I think the Miles dynamic will work in a way that it hasn't in other adaptions.

end of spoilers

He was promoted as Spider-Man's new sidekick but he was actually supposed to be an example of everything Spider-Man isn't that got drawn out for more issues then it needed.
    spoilers:
    As long as Miles codename isn't something terrible like Kid Arachnid. I would give him the Scarlet Spider name if Ben Riley or Kaine doesn't exist in this continuity.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    As long as Miles codename isn't something terrible like Kid Arachnid. I would give him the Scarlet Spider name if Ben Riley or Kaine doesn't exist in this continuity.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't think we're going to get into the Clones in this universe (unless that's how they work in Gwen), but I also don't think Scarlet Spider works with Miles given his design is more black then red.

But I think the codename is probably going to be the biggest thing the next game will have to deal with. Will Miles be Spider-Man along with Peter being Spider-Man? Every other adaption has either given him a terrible new one (Kid-Arachnid) or just act like he doesn't have one (the current Spider-Man cartoon).

Granted, Miles in this game gave me some Wally West vibes, so I'm kind of can't help but think of a Kid-Something codename
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I don't think we're going to get into the Clones in this universe (unless that's how they work in Gwen), but I also don't think Scarlet Spider works with Miles given his design is more black then red.

But I think the codename is probably going to be the biggest thing the next game will have to deal with. Will Miles be Spider-Man along with Peter being Spider-Man? Every other adaption has either given him a terrible new one (Kid-Arachnid) or just act like he doesn't have one (the current Spider-Man cartoon).

Granted, Miles in this game gave me some Wally West vibes, so I'm kind of can't help but think of a Kid-Something codename
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm not worried about Miles costume as I'm sure Insomniac will craft an original costume for Miles like they did for Peter. I don't like Miles costume so I hope they change it. They can make it more red to make the name fit.

Miles Warren exists in this universe so Peter will deal with clones sooner or later. I don't think they'll need clones for Gwen since Norman isn't the Green Goblin yet. The real Gwen should still be alive.
    end of spoilers

Game is fantastic! Strong story, good gameplay. Map was a bit small, but still lots of fun.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-17-2018 at 10:11 PM.

iMan 42s

Not so much a spoiler so I wont bother.
    What if Miles was Scarlet Spider for this? I mean it's open name in-universe and there is some precedent for Scarlet Spiders to be Spider-man at some point in their career in some capacity.

-Peter Parker used Scarlet Spider on occasion
    -Ben Reilly became Spider-man
    -Kaine started as Spider-man
    -MVP clones are supposed to be the Initiative equivalent
    -Kraven to a lesser extent impersonated both of them
    -Even the Venom symbiote has been Scarlet Spider and it started with Spider-man

I'm pretty sure most major web-slingers go to the identity at one point or another excluding Otto, your Venom hosts, and Joe Wade. Seeing as most of them do, that might be a way to get Miles an identity quickly and have some sort progression to it seeing as if you shoot webs you're gonna be Scarlet Spider at some point in your career. Which is kind of strange when you stop and think about how often this happens.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

spoilers:

end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Honestly I would be fine with Miles going by Spider-Man, I can easily see them engaging in Hawkeye/Hawkeye banter. "Wait a second, I thought you said I could be Spider-Man" "No no no no, you're Spiderman, I'm Spider-man. Hear the hyphen?"
    end of spoilers