Page 103 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1556

Bully Maguire mods you mean
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Can't wait to see Shrek and Fiona texting each other .

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Ben Reily and Kaine mods.
    Their costumes are already in the game.

Then again, Ben could get the Chasm costume and Kaine could get his original one...

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Bully Maguire mods you mean
    Or just have voice clips from the games based on the movies lol.

"What'swith the getup? Chump."

"I'm out of here."

"Circus in town?"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Can't wait to see Shrek and Fiona texting each other .

Their costumes are already in the game.

Then again, Ben could get the Chasm costume and Kaine could get his original one...

Or just have voice clips from the games based on the movies lol.

"What'swith the getup? Chump."

"I'm out of here."

"Circus in town?"
    Their Scarlet Spider costumes, yes. In that vein, could try Ben's very mercifully short-lived "stolen cosplay" suit from the first three issues of his post-Clone Conspiracy solo, though I'd go for his Spider-Man costumes (Sensational and Beyond).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Yes! Sensational Spider-Man and Spider-Man Beyond costumes! Beyond as a story is a total trash but the suit is amazing. Also, would be great if someone changed Peter's hair to blonde, so we can pretend it's Ben. :P

Kaine's original costume... Gimme, gimme!

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered PC launched today.

Let the modding begins!

It's finally here, the best live action Spider-Man costume!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    It's finally here, the best live action Spider-Man costume!

Ok, seriously. What’s so great about the costume? There’s nothing about it that stands out.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Ok, seriously. What’s so great about the costume? There’s nothing about it that stands out.
    It's more comic-accurate?

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

We also have a Spectacular cartoon-based Spidey mod too.

Astonishing Member

Finally got a chance to play Miles' game and love it!

I had two big fears going in. I thought the game looked like a retread of ITSV where Miles only overcomes his confidence issues in the third act, and that they swapped Miles' Brooklyn identity with his Harlem one (or at worst would treat it as one-and-the-same... as if black New Yorkers are a monolith and interchangeable).

Luckily, the game avoids both of those issues. Miles overcomes his insecurities about halfway through the game when he gets his main suit, and for the rest of the game you're playing as a fully-established Miles. I love that because it makes it a breath of fresh air in the same vein that ITSV was in 2018. Likewise, Miles' background as a Brooklyn kid is very much still a part of him, especially in his friendship with Phin. They treat Miles moving to Harlem no different than Peter moving to Manhattan from Queens.

I love the swinging in Winter New York, especially with the PS5 graphics. It's also a nice contrast to the last game which took place during summer. The side missions are likewise just as great.

Some of Miles' gadgets feel out of place and not "spider" enough, like the Holo-Drones and the Remote Mines. Peter kinda had that problem too with the Suspension Matrix, but it's more noticeable with Miles' gadgets IMO. I'm hoping they improve on that in the next game.

Only other complaint is that the main story is too short, but it's hard to be as upset about that with the quality being good and with the new game around the corner. Looking forward to whatever Insomniac is doing next!

Honestly I think my biggest issue with the game was the villains. Phin just became pretty unlikeable to me by the end and the less said about Simon Krieger, not that there's even much to say about him, the better.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly I think my biggest issue with the game was the villains. Phin just became pretty unlikeable to me by the end and the less said about Simon Krieger, not that there's even much to say about him, the better.
    Funny enough, Simon Krieger in the comics was responsible for the deaths of Iron Man's parents, Howard and Maria Stark, by sabotaging the brakes in their car to cause (what looked like) a fatal car accident, so at the very least, the game was true to his reprehensible character, even if he did come off as a standard-issue corporate scumbag. As for Phin, well, I can see your point about it being hard to sympathize with her even given her motivations, in light of her disregard for the collateral damage she was causing as the Underground's leader.

That said, I did read an interesting article on Screen Rant pointing out that the Spider-Men in both Insomniac Games' offerings perhaps should have spent some more time dealing with the root causes of the villainy they were fighting against --- namely corrupt corporate executives who believed their wealth and power made them untouchable by and immune to the law, therefore encouraging the excesses that drove the main villains to seek revenge against them at any and all costs. In Spider-Man proper, while Mister Negative/Martin Li and Doctor Octopus/Otto Octavius inflicted more than their fair share of damage and devastation upon the people and city of New York, ultimately resulting in the deaths of Miles's dad and Peter's aunt, for Spider-Man to take them both down without addressing that it was Norman Osborn's corrupt and unscrupulous practices that led to Li's and Octavius's dark transformations in the first place was an oversight, to say the least. While Krieger did end up in prison thanks to the Prowler, Miles's uncle Aaron, turning state's evidence on him at the end of the Miles Morales spinoff, Osborn got off still a free --- albeit publicly disgraced --- man who had to resign as mayor of New York in light of the investigations digging into his role in the tragically horrific events of the first game. The overarching issue, though, is somewhat common to the superhero genre overall, that the heroic characters, such as they are, seem more effective or interested in punching out the most overt and ostentatious manifestations of societal decay, i.e. street criminals and supervillains, than in addressing or even noticing the greater causes of that societal decay, namely people in positions of status and power abusing said status and power to legally get away with abusing those less powerful or "important" than themselves.

Come to think of it, in that vein, the upcoming Spider-Man 2, or a hypothetical second Spider-Man: Miles Morales, could address that by bringing in Cardiac as an antagonistic anti-hero who primarily targets the corrupt and wealthy elite that abuse the law and their wealth and connections to evade legal punishment for their wrongdoings. The idea would be to use him as a contrast to the web-slinger(s) mostly fighting street criminals and supervillains, insofar as yes, the street criminals and supervillains are immediate threats to public safety, but those in positions of power and influence using that power and influence to get away with wrongdoing are an even bigger, if more insidious, threat to the public. Maybe tie it to Mark Millar's idea from Marvel Knights Spider-Man #1-12 that this is more-or-less on purpose, with a lot of supervillains being created to distract superheroes like the Spider-Men from the greater crimes committed by those same corrupt elites.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Funny enough, Simon Krieger in the comics was responsible for the deaths of Iron Man's parents, Howard and Maria Stark, by sabotaging the brakes in their car to cause (what looked like) a fatal car accident, so at the very least, the game was true to his reprehensible character, even if he did come off as a standard-issue corporate scumbag. As for Phin, well, I can see your point about it being hard to sympathize with her even given her motivations, in light of her disregard for the collateral damage she was causing as the Underground's leader.

That said, I did read an interesting article on Screen Rant pointing out that the Spider-Men in both Insomniac Games' offerings perhaps should have spent some more time dealing with the root causes of the villainy they were fighting against --- namely corrupt corporate executives who believed their wealth and power made them untouchable by and immune to the law, therefore encouraging the excesses that drove the main villains to seek revenge against them at any and all costs. In Spider-Man proper, while Mister Negative/Martin Li and Doctor Octopus/Otto Octavius inflicted more than their fair share of damage and devastation upon the people and city of New York, ultimately resulting in the deaths of Miles's dad and Peter's aunt, for Spider-Man to take them both down without addressing that it was Norman Osborn's corrupt and unscrupulous practices that led to Li's and Octavius's dark transformations in the first place was an oversight, to say the least. While Krieger did end up in prison thanks to the Prowler, Miles's uncle Aaron, turning state's evidence on him at the end of the Miles Morales spinoff, Osborn got off still a free --- albeit publicly disgraced --- man who had to resign as mayor of New York in light of the investigations digging into his role in the tragically horrific events of the first game. The overarching issue, though, is somewhat common to the superhero genre overall, that the heroic characters, such as they are, seem more effective or interested in punching out the most overt and ostentatious manifestations of societal decay, i.e. street criminals and supervillains, than in addressing or even noticing the greater causes of that societal decay, namely people in positions of status and power abusing said status and power to legally get away with abusing those less powerful or "important" than themselves.

Come to think of it, in that vein, the upcoming Spider-Man 2, or a hypothetical second Spider-Man: Miles Morales, could address that by bringing in Cardiac as an antagonistic anti-hero who primarily targets the corrupt and wealthy elite that abuse the law and their wealth and connections to evade legal punishment for their wrongdoings. The idea would be to use him as a contrast to the web-slinger(s) mostly fighting street criminals and supervillains, insofar as yes, the street criminals and supervillains are immediate threats to public safety, but those in positions of power and influence using that power and influence to get away with wrongdoing are an even bigger, if more insidious, threat to the public. Maybe tie it to Mark Millar's idea from Marvel Knights Spider-Man #1-12 that this is more-or-less on purpose, with a lot of supervillains being created to distract superheroes like the Spider-Men from the greater crimes committed by those same corrupt elites.
    Didn't MJ expose everything Norman and OsCorp did? That was really all they could've done in that situation.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post

In Norman's case, I think they just assumed that audiences going in already know what Norman is like, and that they didn't need to focus as much on it, especially with him (presumably) being a main villain in future games where he will presumably be taken down. It's fair to say that as Peter's opinion of Norman goes, it doesn't seem to be positive, and the same goes for MJ.

Also, to be fair, Spidey does take down Fisk and was established to have been trying to do that for 8 years since he first became Spider-Man. I feel that's important to remember since Fisk in this universe was the top corporate criminal in Manhattan, especially with so many other corporate tycoons from the comics missing in the Insomniacverse.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 09-08-2022 at 05:25 PM.