Page 100 of 104 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1556
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Jman27 was thinking in terms of how to still use it in the post-game.
    It would be lame if we lost all the black suit's symbiote abilities at the end of the game and just get a regular black suit. From a gaming perspective, the symbiote would presumably give Peter additional abilities. It would be like if you as a player suddenly lost a bunch of web attacks at the end of the first Spider-Man game. Or if you lost a bunch of gadgets as Batman at the end of Arkham City.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I do kind of have a prediction though. Like hypothetically if Peter gets the symbiote suit and loses control I could see him becoming an imprompto boss fight for Miles. Miles fighting him on the outside while Peter has a battle inside the mind. Aka, some Kingdom Hearts stuff lol
    This could work. I honestly have no idea how they'll do the symbiote as there's too many variables that weren't in the comics. Harry and Norman being involved already complicates the story for Peter (Will Eddie be involved? When can he wear the symbiote if Harry has it?) that I can't even begin to predict what plans they have for Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The Black Costume Saga works as long as you hew as close as possible to how it happened in 616. The Spectacular Spider-Man Season 1...my opinion that's the best take ever on that, far and away my favorite Venom in any cartoon or movie. That season established who Spider-Man was and what he can do, then the Symbiote comes and we see how it boosts Spider-Man in positive and negative ways, and then Peter overcomes that and it forms Venom.

The other versions, whether it's Ultimate Spider-Man comic (Peter's Science Dad behind it...which originally the way Bendis did it was okay but it creates a can of worms when it gets adapted), Raimi's Spider-Man 3, the USM Cartoon which introduced Harry Venom, and the recent horrible Marvel Spider-Man cartoon...all of them sucked in various ways.

In Video-Games, there have been many takes on the Symbiote and the black costume. Like the 2000 Activision game got it right. You start the game with limited webbing that you need to collect cartridge collectibles to refill, so when you get the Symbiote and so on, it feels like a real upgrade. WEB OF SHADOWS I think got it best.
    I only liked Venom in TAS and The Spectacular Spider-Man, but I think the Venom in The Spectacular Spider-Man is the only one that works as an ongoing Spider-Man villain and maybe one of the "Big Three". The idea of the symbiote being a narcissist and Peter being in a toxic relationship with it feels more Spider-Man than the slasher genre villain McFarlane and TAS envisioned him as - that take was fine too but it's not as Spider-Man centric and doesn't work long-term because horror stories aren't the norm in Spider-Man comics (for example, the symbiote getting Peter to almost kill Shocker was effective in the way it was executed, but that seems like more of a Batman or Daredevil story than a Spider-Man one to me).

Granted I think the Venom/Eddie part in Spectacular was rushed. I didn't fully understand what they were going for with Eddie Brock until listening to Weisman talk about it on a podcast. But at least conceptually, I agree that Spectacular's Venom is the best.

The Ultimate Spider-Man game had you play as Venom and switch between him and Spider-Man at any time in the open-world. So maybe you can do that? You can also have Peter wear a cloth version of the black suit, which he wore after he got rid of the Symbiote in 616...and he wore the cloth black suit consistently until Todd MacFarlane came on and brought back the red and blue in a big way.
    All the more reason why I don't think Miles will be a main playable character in the next game. I suspect they'll let us alternate between Symbiote Pete and Regular Pete like in Web of Shadows. "Alternate between Regular Spider-Man, Black Suit Spider-Man, and Miles Morales Spider-Man" sounds like a weird way to market it, it would be like if Trevor and Michael in GTA5 were the same person (let's say a multiple personality disorder...I know this isn't a perfect analogy) and you can choose between one of the personalities or Franklin. That's why I think that, unless they also plan to give Miles a symbiote, he'll only get a DLC like Catwoman in Arkham City.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 11-17-2020 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I only liked Venom in TAS and The Spectacular Spider-Man, but I think the Venom in The Spectacular Spider-Man is the only one that works as an ongoing Spider-Man villain and maybe one of the "Big Three". The idea of the symbiote being a narcissist and Peter being in a toxic relationship with it feels more Spider-Man than the slasher genre villain McFarlane and TAS envisioned him as - that take was fine too but it's not as Spider-Man centric and doesn't work long-term because horror stories aren't the norm in Spider-Man comics (for example, the symbiote getting Peter to almost kill Shocker was effective in the way it was executed, but that seems like more of a Batman or Daredevil story than a Spider-Man one to me).

Granted I think the Venom/Eddie part in Spectacular was rushed. I didn't fully understand what they were going for with Eddie Brock until listening to Weisman talk about it on a podcast. But at least conceptually, I agree that Spectacular's Venom is the best.

I desire knowledge.
    EXPLAIN
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I do kind of have a prediction though. Like hypothetically if Peter gets the symbiote suit and loses control I could see him becoming an imprompto boss fight for Miles. Miles fighting him on the outside while Peter has a battle inside the mind. Aka, some Kingdom Hearts stuff lol
    I could kind of see them framing it like the Negative boss fight, a little.

Another reason I don't see Miles being the main character is that it seems like his game resolved basically all his major storylines while the stuff that's unresolved relates mostly to Peter (the Osborns, Wraith, etc), so I'm not sure where Miles would fit in aside from being a bystander to what's going on with Peter.

spoilers:
    There's dialogue in the Underground headquarters that implies Negative was imprisoned off-screen, so that's probably why it's not a big deal for Miles anymore.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I desire knowledge.
    EXPLAIN
    I think they were talking about how Eddie was suicidal long before he came in contact with the symbiote. Weisman even described his previous act of heroism with the Lizard as his secret death wish.

Naturally, wearing the symbiote only brought those traits to the forefront which is why he took it back even when it was obvious that the symbiote didn't care about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I could kind of see them framing it like the Negative boss fight, a little.

Another reason I don't see Miles being the main character is that it seems like his game resolved basically all his major storylines while the stuff that's unresolved relates mostly to Peter (the Osborns, Wraith, etc), so I'm not sure where Miles would fit in aside from being a bystander to what's going on with Peter.

spoilers:
    There's dialogue in the Underground headquarters that implies Negative was imprisoned off-screen, so that's probably why it's not a big deal for Miles anymore.
    end of spoilers
    Honestly that’s one of the main reasons why I don’t see Miles story continuing in the next game. Just like you said, his story is essentially wrapped up for now.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I think they were talking about how Eddie was suicidal long before he came in contact with the symbiote. Weisman even described his previous act of heroism with the Lizard as his secret death wish.

Naturally, wearing the symbiote only brought those traits to the forefront which is why he took it back even when it was obvious that the symbiote didn't care about him.
    Never liked the death wish shit, so weird to have that and not actually talk about it, have to rely on the annoying word of god trope to know what's going on lol.

And I doubt the symbiote has anything to do with him having a death wish, he was obssessed with it because it's basically the only thing that loves him at this point, if anything it'd be the thing that would make him stop having a death wish, which can be another reason to explain his obssession with it.

iMan 42s

Well just had my first game breaking bug.

Miles basically froze during the web zip animation and no matter what I did he couldn't move but enemies could still hit him. So basically my first death was caused by a bug..., great. A few texture glitches aside some building interiors where they simply didn't load and I've had several enemies spawn in the wrong place. One spawned in a pillar and thankfully I could still get him so I could move on.

So essentially its much the same glitches as the last one. Overall not bad but I thought that this would've been fixed for a sequel.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Finished SM:MM recently and I really liked it - it did feel a little bit overpriced but I think the story was really good (not quite as good as SM 2018) and the gameplay was significantly improved from the last game. The one thing I'm a little concerned about is how they're gonna make Peter's character better because right now Miles is a lot more fun to play. I think adding web wings for gliding during traversal would be a good idea, and I think the idea of giving Peter a ton more gadgets and then requiring you to select a specific loadout of just a few of those would be a good idea to allow Peter a lot more build diversity kinda like an RPG.

Beyond that, I really liked a few ideas I saw on here - the L2/R2 webswinging system kinda like what we got in the TASM2 game could be great with Insomniac at the helm. I kinda like the idea of Peter keeping symbiote enhancements after actually losing it by enhancing his suit with similar properties, but I'm also a bit wary since it feels like that would change his powerset too much to even be like we're playing Spider-Man anymore. It would obviously be a ton of fun but I'm not sure if it's worth making Peter play like almost a completely different character permanently.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Finished SM:MM recently and I really liked it - it did feel a little bit overpriced but I think the story was really good (not quite as good as SM 2018) and the gameplay was significantly improved from the last game. The one thing I'm a little concerned about is how they're gonna make Peter's character better because right now Miles is a lot more fun to play. I think adding web wings for gliding during traversal would be a good idea, and I think the idea of giving Peter a ton more gadgets and then requiring you to select a specific loadout of just a few of those would be a good idea to allow Peter a lot more build diversity kinda like an RPG.

Beyond that, I really liked a few ideas I saw on here - the L2/R2 webswinging system kinda like what we got in the TASM2 game could be great with Insomniac at the helm. I kinda like the idea of Peter keeping symbiote enhancements after actually losing it by enhancing his suit with similar properties, but I'm also a bit wary since it feels like that would change his powerset too much to even be like we're playing Spider-Man anymore. It would obviously be a ton of fun but I'm not sure if it's worth making Peter play like almost a completely different character permanently.
    Yeah I figure based on gameplay Miles looks more fun due to his venom abilities. So in the next game besides symbiote abilities the new gadgets gotta be amazing or it can really be the case if Miles is playable in the game that Miles would be the way to go
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Yeah I figure based on gameplay Miles looks more fun due to his venom abilities. So in the next game besides symbiote abilities the new gadgets gotta be amazing or it can really be the case if Miles is playable in the game that Miles would be the way to go
    Oh yeah, if both Peter and Miles are playable in the next game, they're really gonna have to add some stuff for Peter or else I don't see why anyone would choose to play him over Miles.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Oh yeah, if both Peter and Miles are playable in the next game, they're really gonna have to add some stuff for Peter or else I don't see why anyone would choose to play him over Miles.
    Probably suits cause there aren't many suits that I like from Miles but Peter got a wide variety plus for some reason I like the classic red and blue more than the black and red
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Hopefully that's something the devs are keeping in mind.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I keep saying just expand the gadgets and make them exclusive to Pete since they're pretty superfluous for Miles.

I'd also tweak Miles' venom ability so that it'd take longer to generate.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Shouldn’t peters spider sense be stronger. I also think that in this hypothetical sequel where we can play as both, Peter should do more physical damage with his strikes.

Miles’ advantages should be his venom strike and invisibility

Pete’s should be strength and spider sense.

Speed should be the same. For both.

Since I haven't seen anyone talk about, how are his costume powers? Did they tone down the absurd cooldown they could end up having? Or does he even have costume powers?