Page 38 of 104 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hey, it's Simon Belmont! (Can we get some Castlevania music in this game? Or is that just for Smash Bros.?)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Hey, it's Simon Belmont! (Can we get some Castlevania music in this game? Or is that just for Smash Bros.?)
    (Insert joke about Yuri also voicing Alucard ).

(Insert joke about Yuri also voicing Alucard ).
    He's also Marth, who's actually playable in Smash Bros.

He's also Marth, who's actually playable in Smash Bros.
    And his love interest is (OG) Lucina, who took Marth's name (and is also playable in Smash Bros.) .

And his love interest is (OG) Lucina, who took Marth's name (and is also playable in Smash Bros.) .
    Lucina is also Marth's descendant, lol.

Lucina is also Marth's descendant, lol.
    And the other Spider-Man in the side-mission is voiced by Matthew Mercer, AKA Chrom, Marth's other descendant .

And the other Spider-Man in the side-mission is voiced by Matthew Mercer, AKA Chrom, Marth's other descendant .
    And Lucina's father.

(OH MY GOD! THE OTHER SPIDER-MAN IS MARY JANE'S FATHER!!! )

spoilers:
    saw the cutscenes for the new dlc Yuri basically becomes Wraith in the end. Miles is confirmed to be training with Peter so that's good to hear he jump off a bridge and broke his toe. Hammerhead was interesting as a villian although his iron man suit was kinda weird. The game post credit scene didnt really teased the third dlc though. But im hoping Silvermane is still involved
    end of spoilers

iMan 42s

So I'm playing the new DLC and what I was hoping for a cute moment ended up as a cliche.

spoilers:
    Basically the guy with his Spider-man watch that his son gave him is killed off a few minutes later and we linger on the watch as the scene ends
    end of spoilers

I know what its setting up cause I could see it a mile away. But man did that make me groan. It's not as bad as the Hardy family, but knowing what I do, that's a pretty convenient way to make the audience feel bad and get Spidey in on the plot, despite the fact that he's here because of the first part of the story.

Other than that awful hiccup it's so far so good. I definitely find it better than the last chapter but I do have a few issues. That's mostly in the enemy types as I don't find them really intuitive. Also them just using left over Sable gear is kind of lame as all it tells me is that they just happened to reuse props and models from the main game as cost-saving maneuver. The hideouts are also not fun and that's largely due to enemy design.

The jet-pack enemy is spawning way too often
    The rocket launcher enemies are as annoying as ever and seemingly more plentiful (who just brings that into a bar?)
    The big machine gun enemy is still just a damage sponge

And because there is more enemies with sable gear that use rifles, they tend to sit at a distance making the challenges all the harder to accomplish. I genuinely don't know how to get the electrification challenge done if all most of my opponents are guys with jetpacks and guys with rifles all at the corner of the room. Maybe it's the difficulty seeing as I like playing on harder difficulties to extend play-time, but I'm just irritated and bored with these guys.

For now I'm just going to take a breather and see if the new Jurassic World DLC dropped yet.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I haven't completed the DLC yet. Taking a breather right now. For the first time in memory a video game has made me throw a controller.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    spoilers:
    saw the cutscenes for the new dlc Yuri basically becomes Wraith in the end. Miles is confirmed to be training with Peter so that's good to hear he jump off a bridge and broke his toe. Hammerhead was interesting as a villian although his iron man suit was kinda weird. The game post credit scene didnt really teased the third dlc though. But im hoping Silvermane is still involved
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The armor that Hammerhead used is a tribute to an old Fantastic Four story,where Hammerhead used an armor to face Human Torch. He reused that armor in an issue of Spider-Man,when Hammerhead was against Don Fortunato.
    end of spoilers
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    spoilers:
    The armor that Hammerhead used is a tribute to an old Fantastic Four story,where Hammerhead used an armor to face Human Torch. He reused that armor in an issue of Spider-Man,when Hammerhead was against Don Fortunato.
    end of spoilers
    oh ok I never knew that. I assume he was the type of guy to wear one

Kind of a meh chapter.

Not much in there. Short campaign and some bases and the Screwball challenges (haven't finished the last two, so maybe there's more to that.).

And the final fight was kind of annoying. You can't periodically take camera control away from me in the middle of all that chaos.

iMan 42s

So I got through the Hammerhead challenges finally..., ugh.

Also I hate Screwball. She's the worst and I keep this vain hope that somebody will take her jaw off if Spidey wont do it. I wont complain, just do it. It's not like Yuri is having a breakdown and is about to do something rash only for Screwball to start talking like a dated internet persona a moment later. Tonal whiplash. Kind of in the middle of something and suddenly captain Youtube shows up. I'm just saying, time and place.

spoilers:
    Also what was the point of sending the drill pods outside if one was just going to go inside anyways? They caught the dons and left anyways so why are those other guys needed if only to keep us from the end of the plot? Also why isn't Spidey any of the least broken up about Felicia? She's the reason this is going down largely anyways and shes basically a footnote.
    end of spoilers
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

It was more gameplay and having the actual Iron Spider suit and Mk1 armor is a dream come true. Love these suits to death.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics