Page 99 of 104 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1556

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    yakuza 0 spider-man sounds cool
    I wonder what the karaoke songs will be.

Quote Originally Posted by superheat View Post
    Miles will be fully playable in story mode. Miles story is not done yet, and Peter's is not more important. I don't know why you GUYS are trying so hard to make Peter the only one playable. The first game had alot of filler. The MJ missions can be used for Miles and alot of the other filler missions can be used for Miles to make a better story. We also need to see more of Miles and peter together fighting. The only reason they put Peter out in Miles game is they needed to set Miles up without Peter. No need to do something so dumb like say Miles is gone for weeks so they don't have to write both spidermen
    How is Peter’s story not more “important” in regards to a “Spider-Man” game? The original having filler material is indicative of a development team not being creative enough to not have the need for filler material. It has nothing to do with the character of Peter. You could easily have a game with Peter as the main character and only playable character. The team has to understand that the fans in general are anxious for the continuing of Peters story for a variety of reasons...one of those reasons being that Peters story is more “important”. I’m not even sure how’s that debatable.

There’s a strong possibility that Miles won’t be “fully” playable in the sequel seeing as how Insomniac even had to specify that this isn’t “Spider-man 2” when the game was first shown. The fans were disappointed not to see Peter so the team has to do a bit of damage control and reassure fans that Spider-Man 2 was still coming. Whether Peter is the only playable character or not is up for debate, but there’s no doubt that the sequel is going to have it’s main focus be on Spider-Man/Peter Parker. Personally I don’t see a need for Miles at all in the next game from a story point of view.
    Last edited by RD155; 11-17-2020 at 07:37 AM.

Astonishing Member

I doubt Miles will be "fully" playable if Spider-Man 2 is doing the symbiote. The novelty of the game will probably be Peter's symbiote powers. There isn't much room for Miles as a main playable character in a story like that.

But he will probably be a DLC like Catwoman in Arkham City.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I doubt Miles will be "fully" playable if Spider-Man 2 is doing the symbiote. The novelty of the game will probably be Peter's symbiote powers. There isn't much room for Miles as a main playable character in a story like that.

As far as the sequel and the Symbiote goes, not sure how it will work with the approach they are going. So the Symbiote starts with Harry Osborn goes to Peter and then goes to somewhere else and becomes Venom...that's just lame. And I am not even sure what the point of the Symbiote is in a video game where Peter already has unlimited webbing and crazy gadgets and powers.

What gameplay novelty are they going to use to sell the Symbiote as a power-upgrade? It's like Raimi's Spider-Man 3 all over again...the symbiote doesn't work if you introduce it after showing the default version already having unlimited webbing and so on.

I personally hope they take a lateral approach with the Symbiote stuff.

iMan 42s

Haven't played Miles yet. Just got it today in the mail and I have no idea why a 3 hour update file is needed for a single-player title.

I'm essentially being forced to play it on PS4 since nobody seems to be able to get a PS5 and those who are selling one are having them go for 1k. I am not paying a little over a grand for Spider-man so I am just going to end up playing the PS4 version. If this keeps up as well I hope the sequel will be playable on PS4 because I am not paying for scalper prices.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    As far as the sequel and the Symbiote goes, not sure how it will work with the approach they are going. So the Symbiote starts with Harry Osborn goes to Peter and then goes to somewhere else and becomes Venom...that's just lame. And I am not even sure what the point of the Symbiote is in a video game where Peter already has unlimited webbing and crazy gadgets and powers.

What gameplay novelty are they going to use to sell the Symbiote as a power-upgrade? It's like Raimi's Spider-Man 3 all over again...the symbiote doesn't work if you introduce it after showing the default version already having unlimited webbing and so on.

Symbiote powers are portrayed through tendrils and the rage mode. Though the symbiote does have other powers like disguises and invisibility. Basically a way of differentiating between Peter and Venom would be to portray Venom with abilities similar to the Prototype games. Essentially where Peter is nimble and strikes quickly and maybe a few people at a time you make Venom all about AOE and doing as much brutalities as possible. Don't just stop a car by catching it, use webbing to make a tendril underground and have it slam through the road and into the car knocking it over. Just go fuckin wild with how cool it'd be to fight crime with a rage fueled goo monster. You can do some fun shit with Venom and who cares if its making Peter do evil things in stopping bad guys, you have to get rid of the suit anyways so while Peter has it go wild with the possibilities.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Haven't played Miles yet. Just got it today in the mail and I have no idea why a 3 hour update file is needed for a single-player title.

I'm essentially being forced to play it on PS4 since nobody seems to be able to get a PS5 and those who are selling one are having them go for 1k. I am not paying a little over a grand for Spider-man so I am just going to end up playing the PS4 version. If this keeps up as well I hope the sequel will be playable on PS4 because I am not paying for scalper prices.
    Nah you’re not missing much. The game plays just fine on ps4 and looks fantastic. The difference from what I’ve seen isn’t night and day.

Astonishing Member

I honestly don't know, but they said the reason the black suit wasn't in the first game is because they felt that would cheapen it and not do it justice. To me that sounds like they were hinting they want to do the black costume storyline eventually.

Probably the hardest part will be to explain how Peter keeps the black suit by the end, since it would be lame if it's only there for the story and not for the open-world aspect.

I honestly don't know, but they said the reason the black suit wasn't in the first game is because they felt that would cheapen it and not do it justice. To me that sounds like they were hinting they want to do the black costume storyline eventually.

Probably the hardest part will be to explain how Peter keeps the black suit by the end, since it would be lame if it's only there for the story and not for the open-world aspect.
    he probably will just make suit version of the black suit we just lose all the abilities for it although that would be lame
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

And maybe for one or two "buddy" moments like with Black Cat or with certain characters in Miles' game.

I wonder if Wraith will show up in the main story, side-mission, or DLC.

Well, if the past two games are any indication, Venom will probably attack a press rally, Peter will investigate, find out Venom is actually a close personal friend, and then find out the truth and about how evil corporations are behind everything...

Although in all seriousness, I think the Symbiote will probably be about pure power and wide-range attacks. Might've even make for an interesting final boss with Venom if he uses the same moves you were using with the Black Suit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    he probably will just make suit version of the black suit we just lose all the abilities for it although that would be lame
    Maybe with at least one suit perk that mimics your powers with the Symbiote, if not the full moveset.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I think that wouldn't do it justice.

I think that wouldn't do it justice.
    I think Jman27 was thinking in terms of how to still use it in the post-game.

BANNED

The Black Costume Saga works as long as you hew as close as possible to how it happened in 616. The Spectacular Spider-Man Season 1...my opinion that's the best take ever on that, far and away my favorite Venom in any cartoon or movie. That season established who Spider-Man was and what he can do, then the Symbiote comes and we see how it boosts Spider-Man in positive and negative ways, and then Peter overcomes that and it forms Venom.

The other versions, whether it's Ultimate Spider-Man comic (Peter's Science Dad behind it...which originally the way Bendis did it was okay but it creates a can of worms when it gets adapted), Raimi's Spider-Man 3, the USM Cartoon which introduced Harry Venom, and the recent horrible Marvel Spider-Man cartoon...all of them sucked in various ways.

In Video-Games, there have been many takes on the Symbiote and the black costume. Like the 2000 Activision game got it right. You start the game with limited webbing that you need to collect cartridge collectibles to refill, so when you get the Symbiote and so on, it feels like a real upgrade. WEB OF SHADOWS I think got it best.

The Ultimate Spider-Man game had you play as Venom and switch between him and Spider-Man at any time in the open-world. So maybe you can do that? You can also have Peter wear a cloth version of the black suit, which he wore after he got rid of the Symbiote in 616...and he wore the cloth black suit consistently until Todd MacFarlane came on and brought back the red and blue in a big way.

The Black Costume Saga works as long as you hew as close as possible to how it happened in 616. The Spectacular Spider-Man Season 1...my opinion that's the best take ever on that, far and away my favorite Venom in any cartoon or movie. That season established who Spider-Man was and what he can do, then the Symbiote comes and we see how it boosts Spider-Man in positive and negative ways, and then Peter overcomes that and it forms Venom.

The other versions, whether it's Ultimate Spider-Man comic (Peter's Science Dad behind it...which originally the way Bendis did it was okay but it creates a can of worms when it gets adapted), Raimi's Spider-Man 3, the USM Cartoon which introduced Harry Venom, and the recent horrible Marvel Spider-Man cartoon...all of them sucked in various ways.

In Video-Games, there have been many takes on the Symbiote and the black costume. Like the 2000 Activision game got it right. You start the game with limited webbing that you need to collect cartridge collectibles to refill, so when you get the Symbiote and so on, it feels like a real upgrade. WEB OF SHADOWS I think got it best.

The Ultimate Spider-Man game had you play as Venom and switch between him and Spider-Man at any time in the open-world. So maybe you can do that? You can also have Peter wear a cloth version of the black suit, which he wore after he got rid of the Symbiote in 616...and he wore the cloth black suit consistently until Todd MacFarlane came on and brought back the red and blue in a big way.
    It all to some extent draws from the 90's cartoon's take on the Symbiote and the Black Costume Saga, even Venom to some extent. Remember when Hank Azaria played Venom ?

I'm just wondering if the teases about Brock at the Bugle will go anywhere with their take on Venom.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I do kind of have a prediction though. Like hypothetically if Peter gets the symbiote suit and loses control I could see him becoming an imprompto boss fight for Miles. Miles fighting him on the outside while Peter has a battle inside the mind. Aka, some Kingdom Hearts stuff lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.