Page 66 of 104 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Considering the criticism of it in the last game, I think they're going to scale back some of the civilian sequences to some degree. I mean, really, other then out-of-suit Miles what else could they have in the game? Playable Ganke? Gwen Stacy as Nancy Drew?
    Assuming that Ganke is actually in the game, I can see him to an Oracle-esque role in the game being Miles' mission control, but I doubt they do any Civilian stealth missions.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Assuming that Ganke is actually in the game, I can see him to an Oracle-esque role in the game being Miles' mission control, but I doubt they do any Civilian stealth missions.
    "Guy in the chair" .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread11 View Post
    I second this, as to why Ahmed has gotten the ball rolling on more original villains is beyond me. I mean ultimatum is interesting and all and frost pharaoh is a fun little joke character like bodega bandit for SpiderGwen But I thought we would’ve had a more original rogues by now.
    Because the fandom is super picky and tends to hate new things on principle.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    It wouldn't make you a bad person to have that opinion at all.

Expressing said opinion in a thread and sub-thread enthusiastically hyping the arrival of a new Miles Morales PS4 game though, kind of brings consequences with it, OTOH.

From the Thread title thought this was a general Spider-man games thread not just Miles.

Flow-breaking maybe but I'd hardly call it pointless. A lot of lore/exposition stuff and character bits happens in those scenes that otherwise wouldn't find an organic place of introduction.

There's literally a level of Miles of playing just getting to his job. That doesn't provide any extra story to him or the Main game, yet we have to do it. It just seemed pointless imo

The screwball stuff is optional missions and DLC side-missions. If you can hold off getting trophies you can avoid playing those if you so wish.

Fair point and I have.

Miles Morales is Spider-Man and has a lot of spider-powers so the upcoming game is still Spider-Man with Spider-Man.
    That's like saying Dick Grayson is Batman even though he does the same stuff Miles and Peter are 2 separate characters.

Incredible Member

Considering the criticism of it in the last game, I think they're going to scale back some of the civilian sequences to some degree. I mean, really, other then out-of-suit Miles what else could they have in the game? Playable Ganke? Gwen Stacy as Nancy Drew?
    Thats good to hear.
    I suppose you could play his mum out looking for Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Mauled View Post
    That's like saying Dick Grayson is Batman even though he does the same stuff Miles and Peter are 2 separate characters.
    Dick Grayson was Batman though...

Miles is alright but him being Spiderman II never appealed to me. I'm west indian/south asian so i get the desire for representation but I never felt like I needed a west indian Spiderman. Blindspot from Soule's run on Daredevil is more what I want from new heroes than being just another legacy (it starts to feel like an assembly line).

Alas beggars can't be choosers.

In terms of rogues gallery most of the new replacement/legacy heroes don't have a lot to call their own. Kamala probably has the most but she's only got like 8 or 9 so Miles isn't doing too bad. Time isn't on his side so a shortcut is just to take a bunch of C/D list spidey rogues and revamp them. I'm not talking Hydro-man but Chance or the Rabbit- real bottom feeders.

Bendis had Miles fight a revamped Kangaroo back in the day so I could see Insomniac following suit. I could even see them adding 1 or 2 new creations.

Miles' rogues gallery is in a tough spot because he is competing with one of the best ones, but the Insomniac game didn't even use most of its villains well so it doesn't really matter.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Instead of Spidermen II i rather they adapt the crossover with Spider-Gwen as a potential dlc. I prefer Earth 65 Scorpion being Jefferson than whatever Bendis was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Miles' rogues gallery is in a tough spot because he is competing with one of the best ones, but the Insomniac game didn't even use most of its villains well so it doesn't really matter.
    I was just about to say this, the first game was mostly fighting Mr Negative, with the Six being one off bosses and Ock snapping toward the end. This game is going to be shorter and have two main antagonists so it doesn't really anyone else appearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I think it used the villains as effectively as it could have in the event of integrating so many and making them significant enough without devoting whole storylines to them.

Really, the only one I was disappointed in was Hammerhead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I was just about to say this, the first game was mostly fighting Mr Negative, with the Six being one off bosses and Ock snapping toward the end. This game is going to be shorter and have two main antagonists so it doesn't really anyone else appearing.
    I'm expecting some side-bosses.

Spectacular Member

Really, the only one I was disappointed in was Hammerhead.
    Interesting. What didn't you like about Hammerhead? I actually found him quite menacing in the game.

I agree somewhat with Snoop Dogg with regards to the villains in the first game. Mr. Negative was very cool but a little underdeveloped, with the dynamic between the two personalities being largely unexplored. Doc Ock was great, but I wish we had more time with him in the third act. He barley has any time on screen after going bad. The other Sinister Six members were all cool when they were there, but they could have had a little more to do (especially Vulture, who is completely shafted). Shocker was fine. Kingpin was fine. I honestly think the biggest issue was that the whole "revenge against Osborn" plot was a little flimsy after a while. Like, I get that Martin and Otto were both justifiably angry with Norman, but by the end, they had caused so much damage to the city and killed so many innocent people that I had a hard time buying into the idea that they were supposed to be sympathetic. And maybe that was the point, that revenge turned them into worse monsters than the man they hated, but I feel like the game didn't do great job of establishing how they (more Otto than Li, perhaps) were justifying the action of releasing that toxin as necessary evil.

Does anyone else agree with me on this or am I looking too far into things here?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Parker View Post
    Interesting. What didn't you like about Hammerhead? I actually found him quite menacing in the game.

I agree somewhat with Snoop Dogg with regards to the villains in the first game. Mr. Negative was very cool but a little underdeveloped, with the dynamic between the two personalities being largely unexplored. Doc Ock was great, but I wish we had more time with him in the third act. He barley has any time on screen after going bad. The other Sinister Six members were all cool when they were there, but they could have had a little more to do (especially Vulture, who is completely shafted). Shocker was fine. Kingpin was fine. I honestly think the biggest issue was that the whole "revenge against Osborn" plot was a little flimsy after a while. Like, I get that Martin and Otto were both justifiably angry with Norman, but by the end, they had caused so much damage to the city and killed so many innocent people that I had a hard time buying into the idea that they were supposed to be sympathetic. And maybe that was the point, that revenge turned them into worse monsters than the man they hated, but I feel like the game didn't do great job of establishing how they (more Otto than Li, perhaps) were justifying the action of releasing that toxin as necessary evil.

Does anyone else agree with me on this or am I looking too far into things here?
    No, you raise a very good point. It's the same with the version of Zemo that first shows up in Captain America: Civil War. They both have understandable, even justified reasons for their anger, but their disregard for all the innocent people that end up as "collateral damage" in their revenge quests is what ultimately makes them the villains of their respective stories, even if Norman Osborn is a despicable POS --- without yet becoming the Green Goblin --- and the Avengers are at the very least guilty of being severely negligent about the devastation left in the wake of their heroics. In a nutshell, it goes back to what Nietzsche said (paraphrasing), "He who fights monsters should take care that he does not become a monster himself, for when you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also." Also, bear in mind while they both get what they want, the destruction of their hated enemies that they sought revenge against (the Avengers tear each other apart once certain dark truths are revealed by Zemo, Osborn's actions and reactions in the crisis that ensues from Li's and Otto's actions cause him to be investigated and ultimately force him to resign in disgrace), it comes at the price of, again, too many innocent dead, which destroys any right or claim to a moral high ground compared to their targets.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 07-10-2020 at 08:15 PM.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Parker View Post

I thought Hammerhead seemed more menacing before the Cyborg Suit. Murdering the Cop by Headbutting him is a great moment in the story. Also Yuri got kind of dropped after the Side Mission reveal of her murdering the enforcer and then murdering Hammerhead. I felt there could've been more on that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    No, you raise a very good point. It's the same with the version of Zemo that first shows up in Captain America: Civil War. They both have understandable, even justified reasons for their anger, but their disregard for all the innocent people that end up as "collateral damage" in their revenge quests is what ultimately makes them the villains of their respective stories, even if Norman Osborn is a despicable POS --- without yet becoming the Green Goblin --- and the Avengers are at the very least guilty of being severely negligent about the devastation left in the wake of their heroics. In a nutshell, it goes back to what Nietzsche said (paraphrasing), "He who fights monsters should take care that he does not become a monster himself, for when you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also." Also, bear in mind while they both get what they want, the destruction of their hated enemies that they sought revenge against (the Avengers tear each other apart once certain dark truths are revealed by Zemo, Osborn's actions and reactions in the crisis that ensues from Li's and Otto's actions cause him to be investigated and ultimately force him to resign in disgrace), it comes at the price of, again, too many innocent dead, which destroys any right or claim to a moral high ground compared to their targets.
    He's not completely despicable. He loves his Son and it was all done to find a cure for him. That goes with the comics as well since in that he blames Peter for what happens to Harry and kills Gwen in a retaliation killing.