Page 41 of 104 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I'll be playing the game on Christmas Day, and given that the game alone has had 40 pages and counting on this website I'm guessing it's going to be a lot of fun. Certainly looks it from the little I've seen on YouTube.
    One tiny bit of advice: don't rush though the story. There's a world to explore and do stuff in.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

wrong thread
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    you gonna enjoy the story and the gameplay. Probably the best version of Spider-Man in media besides the comics of course
    I'm looking forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    One tiny bit of advice: don't rush though the story. There's a world to explore and do stuff in.
    Oh, I fully intend to take my time with it believe me. It's going to take a long time probably for me to win it with work and married life and all that LOL.

Here are the final costumes being released in the Silver Lining DLC

Last edited by Dragonick; 12-13-2018 at 08:06 AM.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

My best friend is going to be pleased as punch with the Aaron Aikman suit.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post

Brief description Marvel released with the above:
    In the tension-filled finale to "Marvel’s Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps" DLC, the web-slinger must rely on unlikely allies to protect the city.

"Marvel's Spider-Man: Silver Lining" is available for download on December 21! #SpiderManPS4

iMan 42s

I legitimately loved the Aaron Aikman one-shot back in the original Spiderverse so I am glad to see it here. It's a good story that I feel is kind of underrated as far as Alt-universe characters go. So seeing it get the videogame treatment proper and not be relegated to a mobile game is good to me because it gets people to look at something genuinely good. Some may be interested in the character and I'm all for doing that here.

However while I was expecting Spiderverse (movie) Peter Parker, it seems strange to include it seeing as it is so similar to the classic suits in-game already. The proportions are definitely there, but they aren't readily apparent, and I also can't imagine someone's role-playing being influenced if the suit was just a bit lighter and spidey had a bigger chest. I was expecting it but overall it does feel like an odd decision.

And then the cyborg. Who keeps asking for this? I'm not trying to be an ass, I'm genuinely curious. Spider-man Unlimited, there was a push for it on Marvel Heroes, I've seen some asking for it for Future Fight, I just have no idea. Is it just Spider-man with a robotic arm and a bad 90's outfit? Is it the influence of Winter Soldier and Cable and so Spidey is to get in on it? Was the comic arc that comes from just that good? I'm genuinely curious because I can't for the life of me find out why this thing keeps coming up against all others.

It's not my picks (Superior Octopus, Cosmic, Sensational or Peter's version of Superior Spider-man) but they are decent choices I guess.

My only hope so far is that the DLC is at least better made than the last one.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I just wish that the ITSV suit lacked pants or was at least a little scuffed up. Two pantsless variants would be too much I guess.

Also just realized I won't be able to play this until I get back home from Holiday in January. I'm sure I'll have fun with it.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Can’t wait to play the final dlc! The spiderverse suit is an odd choice as it is so similar to the original and to the comic book version you also unlock. Everything else looks cool.

I would have loved to get the bem Reilly suit!

Here’s hoping for more dlc’s in 2019
    Last edited by Xistel; 12-13-2018 at 10:36 AM.

... what is the Aaron Aikman armor?

... the skins need to be more creative. "cyborg" I'm uninterested in. Was that from the old Erik Larsen story arc where Ock regained his adamantium tentacles?
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 12-13-2018 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ... what is the Aaron Aikman armor?

... the skins need to be more creative. "cyborg" I'm uninterested in. Was that from the old Erik Larsen story arc where Ock regained his adamantium tentacles?
    Aaron Aikman was one of the alternate universe Spider-Men created in "Edge Of Spider-Verse" a few years ago. If I recall correctly he didn't play a very large role in the actual event but his issue of Edge was well liked, and the suit looked really cool in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post

So looks like the main thrust of the story will be Spidey teaming up with and equally contending with Silver Sable back in New York and trying to fix the mess her leftover equipment has made in New York's crime war.

Hammerhead in a giant robot suit makes him too much like Silvermane. Like, really ?

The Into the Spider-Verse suit just seems really redundant with the other costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So looks like the main thrust of the story will be Spidey teaming up with and equally contending with Silver Sable back in New York and trying to fix the mess her leftover equipment has made in New York's crime war.

Hammerhead in a giant robot suit makes him too much like Silvermane. Like, really ?

The Into the Spider-Verse suit just seems really redundant with the other costumes.
    Weird because I assumed Silvermane was going to be involved in some way, based on all the buildup with the Sable tech, but with Mecha-Hammerhead again, and based on this they just simply "found it" so we'll have to see.

I guess the 90's really can ruin more things than X-Men.

iMan 42s

So that's

Repaired
    Damaged
    Cell shading
    And now the movie costume

I don't think it's entirely fair to say that they are all the same suits, but I would state that it is a problem to see so many similar looking alternate costumes be in game. Maybe it wouldn't be as much of an issue so long as Into the Spiderverse didn't take up a space (especially seeing as this would've been a known DLC item long in advance) and maybe adding it to the DLC bundles and making it a separate download. I'm sure the new Peter is a great character and I do indeed want to see the new movie, but for the sake of variety a different suit should've been chosen. It probably doesn't help either as the "Cyborg" suit is also the base suit with some additions which despite being reflective of an actual moment from the comics, doesn't make for good variety beyond the arm.

As much as I also appreciate Aaron Aikman getting some spotlight, I won't deny that some people didn't know that happened with some mistaking it for a retreading of Ends of the Earth.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.